Body weight (weight) - an important indicator of health status. At home, weighing is carried out on a floor scale.
1. For the most accurate results, weighing should be carried out in the morning, on an empty stomach, after visiting the toilet.
2. When weighing, it is desirable to have a minimum of clothes on.
3. Stand on the scales so that the legs are symmetrical with respect to the center of the balance.
4. To control body weight, it is enough to weigh once a week (with the exception of special indications).
Note. During the day, a person’s body weight can vary between 1.5-2 kg. That is why, during dynamic observation, it is desirable to carry out weighing at the same time of day.
How is baby weight measured?
Body weight - one of the main indicators of its physical development. Particularly important is weight control in the first months of a child’s life.
The exact body weight of the child is measured on special baby scales on which you can conveniently put the child. Such scales are in the pediatrician’s office and weight control is carried out with mandatory monthly (during the first year of life) visits to the doctor.
The child should be weighed as much as possible naked. From the obtained value it is necessary to subtract the weight of the clothes and the diaper on which the child lies.
If you want to independently control the weight of the child, then you can use ordinary floor scales. Measure your weight, and then weigh yourself with the baby in your arms, the difference obtained will be the approximate weight of the baby.
Description of development
Purpose of work: to study the device of lever weights, a set of weights and to develop techniques for using them and with their help determine the mass of bodies.
Equipment: scales with weights, wooden block, cargo 100 g, plastic body (1 pc.).
The work is of great practical importance, since when it is completed, handling techniques are formed with one of the most common measuring instruments - lever scales. The acquired weighing skills will be required by students not only to perform other laboratory work, but also in everyday life.
First, students consider a set of weights and determine its composition, quantity
weights, the mass of which is indicated in grams, the number of milligram weights, the order of placement of weights and tweezers in the package. They learn that weights and weights are transferred to the scales with tweezers, which are held in the hand with the bent ends up.
Then get acquainted with the scales. Hang them on a tripod and balance. To save small weights, equilibrium is achieved with pieces of paper. A balance is considered balanced if its pointer is in a strictly vertical position.
The first to determine the mass of the cargo. Here, students are explained that the weighed body is placed on the left weighing pan, and the weights are on the right.
Weighing begins using large weights. First, a weight of the greatest mass is placed on the scales, at which the body still outweighs. Then add a smaller, but one in which the body still outweighs. Finer weights are added alternately until the balance is balanced. The mass of the body is determined by the sum of the masses of all the weights that went to balance it. Having determined the body weight, weights are returned to the styling with tweezers.
Weighing rules are fixed by inviting students to measure the mass of a metal bar.
In order to avoid damage to the balance, the weighed body and weights should be lowered onto the cups carefully, not even dropping them from a small height.
Do not weigh bodies heavier than the maximum load indicated on the balance.
Wet, dirty, combustible bodies should not be placed on the weighing pan, powders should be poured without using a lining, and liquids should be poured.
Small weights should be taken only with tweezers.
Putting the weighted body on the left cup, put a weight on the right. If the kettlebell pulls the cup, then it is put back into the case; if it does not, it is left in the cup. Then - I do the same with the next weight, less mass, etc., until equilibrium is reached.
Following the weighing rules, measure the mass of several solids with an accuracy of 0.1 g.
How to measure weight
Let's imagine a woman whose muscle mass is 45 kilograms and fat mass is 15 kilograms. In general, its weight is 60 kilograms, but for some reason the scales show either 57 kg or 64 kg. And most importantly - nothing changes in her regimen and nutrition.
Most rely on scales as the last resort in the matter of losing weight, instead of analyzing the state of their body as a whole. In order to measure your real weight, you need to consider a number of factors.
Factors Affecting Weight Swing
- The most important thing to consider is the amount of water. The body tries by any means to maintain the water-salt balance, therefore, the less fluid enters, the more it holds it inside in order to function normally.
This is why weight goes poorly in extreme heat. As soon as it rains or gets a little colder, the body will immediately “give” liters of liquid, because at the moment they will not be useful to him.
Remember that the body adapts to a stable level of salt intake due to the release of the hormone aldosterone. If nothing happens to you with normal nutrition from a bag of salted peanuts, then after a long salt-free diet you will be “flooded” with one nut.
Also severe swelling may be a signal of impaired renal function.
The readings of the scales themselves are useless. To find out your true weight, you need to consider the following indicators.
- Waist. For accuracy, do three measurements every week: at the navel, five centimeters higher and five centimeters lower. If with all the indicators in mind, the waist has become smaller, most likely, the amount of fat in your body is successfully reduced, and vice versa. You can also measure the volume of the hips and other parts of the body.
- Energy level. If your diet is aimed at creating a calorie deficit in the body, the level of activity will be an excellent indicator of success. When more kilograms are reflected on the scales, but you feel strong and energetic, know - you building muscle (she, as you know, with the same volume is heavier than fat).
- Swelling. If in the morning your eyelids look more like small pillows, it’s better not to bother yourself with weighing at all, but to wait until the body gets rid of excess fluid. For this, a few days is enough to eat right and observe the drinking regime.
Also, if you control your weight, you need to know the main indicators ratio of height, weight and age.
Now you will not lose heart and torment yourself with all kinds of diets, if you see on the scales just three extra pounds. Share useful information with your friends!