Unfortunately, modern children lead a sedentary lifestyle. They rarely and rarely do sports, so parents have to create conditions for their child to be able to move regularly and maintain good health.
Here, for example, the simplest and most accessible type of physical activity in any locality is jogging. Irina Zhiganova, an expert in children's fitness at the X-Fit federal network of fitness clubs, told Letidor how to teach her a running culture and make this activity fun for all family members.
Where to begin
Before introducing a child to running, you need to get advice from a pediatrician and exclude possible contraindications.
If a child is used to playing on a computer rather than rushing around in the yard, then it can be difficult to accustom him to an active lifestyle, he needs motivation. Since children love everything new, they like to receive gifts, then you can take advantage of this and purchase a special tracksuit and soft sneakers.
How to learn how to run sprint fast (60 m - 400 m)
To learn how to run sprint fastIt is necessary to have good strength and jumping training. Unlike running over medium and long distances, for 100 meters endurance is practically not needed, only general physical training is needed. However, in order to be able to run 400 m without reducing speed, you need to train speed endurance.
Running speed depends on the frequency and stride length. The most effective frequency of steps develops in children under 12 years of age. Unfortunately, developing this skill in an adult is much more difficult. The sprint technique is different from mid-distance running. Here the knee rises higher, the step becomes longer, the hands work actively. In general, fast running is more energy intensive.
It is very important for sprinters running 100 meters to have very strong leg muscles. Therefore, one of the main components of sprint training is strength exercises, barrier exercises, and an enhanced SBU complex. Many exercises in the power block are done with additional weighting. These include: short maximum accelerations with a “trolley”, accelerations with braking (the coach brakes the athlete’s run with the help of a fitness tape), “stretching” and lunges with a light barbell. Sprinters spend a lot of time in the gym. Jumping work generates explosive power in the sprinter, which is extremely necessary.
Accelerations are performed in different series of 50-300 m, after rest 4-5 minutes. Also, for the development of speed endurance, many trainers recommend running 150 meters each, completing 10-15 runs.
This stage is of great importance - it depends on it under what conditions an athlete will run.
- Listen to your biorhythms and go for a run only during the hours of the most activity, during a surge of strength. For example, if you are an early bird - meet the dawn on the path. Owls, we recommend, on the contrary, to see off the sun and run at sunset. There are people who find it difficult to attribute themselves to the first or second category - in this case, work out during the day.
- Want to learn how to run fast in interval training: download your favorite music with a slow and fast rhythm to the player. During calm songs you need to jog, and when the active melody begins, speed up. In general, it is proved that if you run with music, endurance increases and results improve, so we do not recommend forgetting the headphones at home.
- If you need to learn how to teach a child to run fast, first buy him comfortable clothes and high-quality running sneakers,
- Drink water - up to 2 liters per day in normal weather, up to 2.5 in extreme heat,
- Adhere to a healthy diet, in which there are a lot of proteins, vitamins, minerals. Minimize fats and reduce carbohydrates.
- Never go out on a track if you feel very tired, or you are unwell. If you load the body with physical exercises at such a moment, you will quickly become ill or exhausted even more.
We recommend that you perform exercises for fast running at home, they help to develop endurance and quickly flex muscles:
- Running on the spot with the thigh raised forward or the lower leg trapped back,
- Running on the spot on the treadmill (if equipped)
- Step up
- Rope jumping
- Jumping in place
- Press exercises,
- Yoga and stretching
- Swing feet forward, backward and sideways.
If you want to learn how to learn how to quickly run 1 km at home, remember a few simple tips:
- Exercise regularly, don't miss classes,
- Use special gadgets or download directly to your phone an application that will track the number of steps, distance traveled, the amount of lost kcal,
- Stop smoking and eat healthy,
- Make sure that the breaths during training are twice as deep as exhalations - so you quickly saturate the body with oxygen.
- Do not forget about warm-up and hitch before and after running.
What to do while running
And now we will tell you how to run 3 km faster and not get tired, be prepared to quickly continue to run, set a new personal record.
Of course, it is important to follow the correct running technique:
- Keep your back straight, do not lean forward and do not lean your torso back,
- During the bend of the knee, during the run, the toes should look down, and during extension, the foot is pulled up - this exercise will allow you to “accustom” and additionally prepare the ankle joint for long loads, which are accompanied by long-distance runs,
- Let your hands help you while running - bend them at the elbows, press them to the body, relax and move them to the beat of movements, back and forth,
- Relax your shoulders, do not retract your neck,
- Walk wide - the larger the step, the greater the distance traveled. Try to push off from the push leg so that the main effort falls on it. At the same time, during the next step on the second leg, the first will rest for a short time. Thus, a kind of load compensation by rest fragments occurs.
- Try to walk not only broadly, but also often. Do not lift your feet high above the ground,
It is noticed that the most productive runners quickly complete about 180 steps in 60 seconds, that is, 90 steps with each foot. Calculate your values and strive for the indicator above.
- To understand how to learn how to quickly run 3 km without getting tired for a long time, imagine that you went jogging every day for a month and covered the same distance. At first it was difficult, after a couple of weeks it was easier, but at the end of the month you practically stopped making efforts. You are accustomed and the body has adapted to new difficulties. No matter how you try to improve the result, nothing comes of it. Remember - it is important to constantly increase the load in order to prevent addiction, which causes stagnation.
- After you have overcome the status of a “beginner”, do not be afraid to switch to the category of “experienced” runners. At this stage, you need to draw up training programs, alternate between different types of running, include in the weekly training plan for interval running, shuttle, uphill, long sprint, etc.
- Learn the technique of proper breathing - inhale the air with your nose, and exhale with your mouth. Develop an optimal rhythm, average depth of breaths, control your breathing so as not to go astray.
- And here’s another simple piece of advice on how to become faster while running - do not look under your feet during the race — just go ahead. Do not get distracted by talking if you are together.
- How can you quickly run 60 meters to pass the standard or during competitions, you ask, and we will give “point” advice: drink a cup of strong coffee before the race.
Many beginners are interested in the question of what muscles need to be pumped in order to run fast, and are there any medications that can help improve endurance? We have already answered the first question above, suggesting a set of exercises for home workouts that perfectly “pump” the whole body. But on the second we will dwell in more detail.
Please note that any medication always starts with a doctor's consultation. Never take drugs without a prescription - you can easily harm your body. There are very sad stories, some even with a fatal end. There is a high risk of provoking an allergic reaction, overloading the liver, affecting the functioning of the heart and other vital systems.
We already told you what to do to run faster, and now we’ll list the most popular medicines that will also help:
- Mesocarb and caffeine - they stimulate the release of energy, which is necessary in order to run fast and long,
- Metabolic group - steroids, anabolics, nootropics,
- Dexamethasone is a substance that stimulates the production of glucose,
- Carnitine, Aykar, Sydnocarb and other drugs that inhibit the feeling of fatigue cause general arousal.
Remember substances that quickly increase endurance and are absolutely harmless to the body: coffee, green tea, natural fresh juices, nuts, dried fruits, fresh vegetables and fruits, honey, ginger. Of course, you should use these products in reasonable quantities. If you include them in your regular diet, you don’t have to surf the net how to build your legs to run fast, we guarantee you that!
So, let's summarize, and answer, is it possible to learn how to run fast in a week?
What determines the running speed?
- The right running technique
- Balanced diet,
- Training regularity
- Comfortable clothes and matching shoes,
- Good workout.
It’s impossible to learn how to run fast in 7 days, but to improve your result by at least a quarter of a minute is completely. Follow the recommendations in the article, and be sure to consider everything that we mentioned. And note that we do NOT recommend drugs for fast running. No matter how pathetic it may sound - we are for natural strength and endurance!
Learning to run fast: 2 comments
Good afternoon, tell me how to quickly train a 3 km run, we will have a friendly run at work in a week with elements of mini-competition between departments, so there’s not enough time. Reply ↓
Hello, we recommend that you carefully read the article - there are many useful tips and tricks. Reply ↓
How to learn how to quickly run middle distances (from 800 m to 2000 m)
To improve your results and run medium and long distances, you need to know the basics of running - proper breathing, technique, warm-up, perform strength work for running. Running on 800 and 1,500 m requires speed endurance. For this, middle men use such types of training as tempo pacing, interval training, fartlek, intervals uphill. Having high-speed high-intensity loads in the end result will help increase your speed.
Alternating the length and intensity of training segments improves cardiovascular endurance and allows you to work longer. Such a training may include several small segments (from 2 to 8 minutes) with a very high running speed, separated by short rest periods. High-intensity workouts develop speed endurance, but it is extremely important to remember that their number in the total volume of your training process should not exceed 40%. Try to do at least 4-5 workouts per week, of which only 1-2 will be highly intensive, and spend the rest of the time working on running techniques and slow crosses (50-60 minutes each).
How to learn how to quickly run long distances (from 3000 m to the marathon)
Many are interested in how to run 3 km faster than 12 minutes. For these kinds of results, runners need to focus on training speed, oxygen efficiency and aerobic strength.
The foundation for any styer is volume: these are long cross-country runs, at least an hour, which must be run at least twice a week. Professional stayer run over 100-150 km per week. Amateurs this figure is much less - about 40-60 km. It is not possible to show the result 3 km faster than 11 minutes if you have a weekly volume of 30 km. Running uphill is of great benefit. It is better to use a gentle slope 300-500 m long and run into it 8-10 times so that the pace of each run is approximately the same, but it is not maximum. Rest between episodes - 3-4 minutes.
In addition to running training, it is necessary to carry out a complex of physical fitness to strengthen the hips, feet, calf muscles. You will need 10 strength exercises for running with the video.
No matter what distance you plan to run fast, at the initial stage, one of the fundamental definitions for you should be the running technique. It is she who will significantly improve your performance in running speed. For a sprinter, a technique is the key to a high result, for a middle peasant, it is a means to increase their efficiency at a distance of up to 100%, for a stayer, it is the cost-effectiveness of running.
The SBU complex (special running exercises) is aimed at learning how to run correctly, beautifully and efficiently. They need to be performed at each training, practicing the running technique. Ideally, the body should follow a straight line when the feet, hips and head are on the same oblique line.
Many people think that running is an activity exclusively for the legs, and hands are needed in order to hold the phone, bottle, keys and more. This is a big mistake: in running it is equally important to use the strength of the body and the movement of the hands. Proper hand movements greatly facilitate the work of the legs and allow you to run longer distances with less effort. Hands should be relaxed, shoulders slightly raised, elbows bent at the elbows, and movements should occur along the body, and not in front of it.
Do not try to take big steps, the size of the running step depends on the degree of your physical activity and the duration of the training. Moreover, too wide a step will lead to the fact that the foot will get ahead of the center of gravity and slow down the movement. At the time of becoming on the ground, the foot should be exactly below the knee. Pay attention to the even position of the back, try not to sway from side to side. The head is looking forward, select a point on the horizon and reach for it. One of the most popular mistakes among unprepared runners is that they look deep down, straining the cervical spine.
The ability to breathe while running at higher speeds requires practice. Breathe in both your nose and mouth to get the maximum amount of oxygen to deliver to your muscles.
7 tips for beginners
1. At first, an unprepared person with difficulty is given even 1 km. Start with short runs at a very low speed. At each subsequent training, increase the distance covered by 500-800 m.
2. Always start and end a workout with light jogging for 10-15 minutes on a pulse of no higher than 145 bpm.
3. Do not take the training as something unpleasant, obligatory, painful, because with this attitude you will last for 2 weeks, and then the fuse will pass.
4. Start training in advance. If you have to pass FIZO, then start preparing no later than 4 months before the date of delivery. Do not count on the miracle that without 3000 m preparation you will run in 10 minutes. There are no miracles, and nothing can help an unprepared person.
5. Give up bad habits. At least during the preparation.
6. Proper nutrition is as important to an athlete as running theory. You should not train immediately after eating a large amount of food, do not starve after an exhausting workout, it is important to close the carbohydrate window, drink restorative sports drinks.
7. Do not try to run long runs at a high heart rate (above 165). This will not be of benefit, only overwork, trauma and excessive stress on the heart.
8. Train at least 3 times a week.
Plan for each workout
Absolutely every workout should consist of a warm-up, the main unit and a hitch. Before the active part of the training begins, it is necessary to run a light jog for 10-15 minutes, then for 10 minutes perform the outdoor switchgear (general developmental exercises), which everyone calls stretching. And only then proceed to the main unit. Warming up will warm the muscles and ligaments, “start the engine”, minimize the risk of injury. At the end of the main (intensive) part of the training, it is always necessary to do a hitch - 5-15 minutes of a light jog and a static stretch: this will speed up the recovery process and relieve unnecessary muscle pain.
Any person who does not have health problems can run fast any distance. After gaining theoretical knowledge, proceed to classes. Do not try to jump above your head. Have patience and the realization that in 2-3 weeks it is not possible to achieve results, everything takes time.