The principle is the same as that of ordinary tops. The difference is only in scale. Such traps usually completely block small rivers, completely controlling the progress of fish along it. They consist of two parts - a partition wall and two sides of the "funnel". The main problem will be to catch fish that cannot get out of the pen. Here, various nets, fabric cuts and small nets are suitable.
There are several design options for partitions. The simplest is the pole fence. To do this, you will need thick and not very willow branches, from which you will need to weave a fence so that its height is enough to the bottom of the river. And for this, accordingly, it will be necessary to measure the depth. That is why stationary traps are often equipped on shallow rivers, since it is extremely difficult to weave massive structures.
How to craft a trap
The principle of operation of the trap is that the fish should freely fall into the trap, and to swim out of it, it would not be able to, due to the particular design of the trap itself. Using such a cunning design, you can pick up most of the trapped fish.
Nowadays, fishers use a variety of improvised or unnecessary things for this. Some fishermen weave traps from the rod, others use different nets stretched on a wire frame, and still others use plastic bottles as traps.
Simple trap from a plastic bottle
The living space of a person is literally stuffed with plastic bottles of various shapes and capacities. From such bottles it is very simple to build a simple but effective trap for fish.
If you need to catch small bait fish, then a bottle with a capacity of 1.5-2 liters is suitable. If you need a capture of larger sizes, then you should take a 5-liter bottle.
To craft such a trap, you will need a tool and several items, such as wire, fishing line and rope.
- To begin with, remove the paper label from the bottle and wash it thoroughly so that there are no foreign odors in the bottle. Best used for this purpose are bottles of water or vegetable oil. A bottle of vegetable oil can not be washed: it will attract fish with its smell,
- then, you should cut off the neck of the bottle, somewhere on a third of the body (depending on the size of the fish) and insert it with the neck inside the bottle,
- after which, the inserted part of the bottle is fixed with the wire in its place. You can fix in 4 places no more, so that later you can remove the neck to remove the fish from the bottle.
- in the bottle itself, many holes should be made, of small diameter, so that the bottle can quickly submerge in water, especially since with the holes it will not resist the water so much if the trap is supposed to be installed over a stream,
- after the trap is ready, bait is placed inside it, and a rope and a load are attached to the trap. The cargo can be placed inside the trap so that there are no hooks. The trap is ready to use,
- the trap throws up against the current. If fishing is carried out in quiet water, then it can be abandoned and installed in any position, and the rope can be fixed ashore.
Video lesson making traps from plastic bottles:
For larger fish, there is another type of trap:
Mesh Box Trap
The frame for the box can be made from any material at hand: wood, water pipes (plastic or aluminum), aluminum corners, etc.
- a mesh of any material is stretched onto the frame, the mesh size is within 1cm. You can apply a metal mesh,
- two funnels are formed from the same mesh,
- from two sides of the box such funnels are installed and fixed. Funnels should be installed with a narrow end inside the drawer,
- in the trap, you can put some kind of bait, depending on the type of fish that can be caught.
After that, the trap can be immersed in a pond. If the trap is metal, then you won’t have to immerse it, but if it’s wooden, you will have to tie a good load so that it sinks to the bottom of the reservoir.
MosCatalogue.net is a service that provides you with the ability to quickly, free and without registration download videos from YouTube in high quality. You can download videos in MP4 and 3GP formats, in addition, you can download videos of any type.
Search, watch, download videos - all this for free and at high speed. You can even find movies and download them. You can sort the search results, making it easy to find the video you need.
You can download movies, clips, episodes, trailers for free, and you do not need to visit the Youtube site itself.
Download and watch the ocean of endless video in high quality. All for free and without registration!
Stationary traps with a dam
More difficult option fish traps, since it involves the construction of a dam and the formation of a difference in water levels “before” and “after”. A shallow river is blocked by a high dam so that the level rises by at least a meter. This is already a difficult moment, since it will require a large amount of resources, and it is difficult to make a stable dam. But if you succeeded and the level began to rise, forming a small dam in front of the fence, then you can proceed further. Water will merge through several holes, so the areas under them must be blocked by a pole fence installed at the bottom of the river. You can even make larger cells in it so that the little thing can slip out, and the large fish remains.
Side trap stationary traps
There are two options. A simple one, which means blocking part of the stream and forming a cage from a part of the river, and more complex, involving digging a deep, flooded pit or cage sleeve. Both options are very effective, especially for deep rivers, which are difficult to completely block. The construction of these fish traps in the following way.
Part of the river is blocked by a high fence installed at an angle in the direction opposite to the current. Another approaches this fence from the inside, thus forming a small passage that can be blocked in case of something. And then it remains only to catch fish from the pen. To facilitate this task, you can dig a small, but deep, hole, where the fish will need to be driven by noise and loud screams from the fenced part of the river.
You can also use the option with an artificial channel. To do this, we do not make a hole, but a canal, which is blocked by a fence on one side, and just the other end goes into the constructed corral. We drive the fish into the canal, after which we block the filling entrance. The water will quickly leave and the fish can be collected from the bottom.
All of these options are quite effective, but require a lot of labor at the construction stage. Therefore, they only make sense if you are not planning to leave anywhere in the area. In addition, the efficiency of fish traps decreases slightly during the cold season, as the fish are not very active.