Remember - the veil should be purchased after or at the same time with the dress, because the choice of the main dress depends on what style and length the accessory should be. Ideally, if a certain option is already offered to the dress. As a rule, they combine perfectly thanks to similar fabrics, color and decor.
For example, in the POLLARDI DEMETRA, UMA and SIRENA models, the veil repeats an elegant lace ornament, a delicate sequin pattern along the edge, small polka dots, and the texture of the material present in the decoration of the dresses.
Game of contrasts
When choosing a veil, first of all, you need to build on the style and finish of the wedding dress.
Does the model captivate with its spectacular cut and luxurious decor? A veil for her should be chosen more calmly, not distracting from the beauty of the dress. A strict laconic outfit will complement the voluminous air accessory. A luxurious veil, complemented by many details, will suit the classic style.
For short wedding dresses, a long elaborate veil is inappropriate. For designer outfits, you should not choose a modest short addition. If you want to demonstrate exquisite decor, stop at a translucent option.
What to choose from? The variety of options for veils and their features
Fata "Cathedral" - a luxurious model in the form of a train perfectly complements the wedding outfit, goes with a dress on the floor. As a standard, its length does not exceed 3.5 m, but if desired, you can order any length. For example, in Siberia, a wedding agency sewed a 2 km long veil for the bride.
Veil "chapel" ideally complements the classic outfit, exceeding the length of the skirt by at least 15-20 cm. Shorter than the “cathedral” (up to 2.6 m), it will also cope with the role of a train for a wedding look.
Veil "waltz" - A great choice for dresses with a straight cut, not having a train. It ends flush with the hem of the skirt, and has several layers, giving touch, fragility and lightness to the image.
The collections of our salon include wedding dresses, complemented by a long elegant veil. This is a translucent tenderness trimmed with lace in an accessory for IDA TOREZ VISON dress, and an airy model of the POLLARDI MUSE "chapel" type.
Wedding Dress Muse
"Mantilla" - The Spanish version of the veil, characterized by an unusual way of fastening. Like a scarf, it is thrown over the bride’s head and secured with invisibles, so it seems that nothing holds her. Mantilla can be decorated along the edge with lace or embroidery, as in the LORANGE 1676 outfit. Openwork festoons along the edge of the veil echo the motifs on the dress itself, emphasizing the integrity of the kit. She gives the image purity, mystery and modesty, looks good with simple hairstyles and smooth styling.
Veil "pouf" also distinguished by originality. It is collected on the bride’s head in one place, wrapping the figure in light folds. Leaning back, forms two almost identical layers. The model is combined with any wedding outfit; it looks very easy, delicate and elegant. It is this addition that is present in the LORANGE 1680 model, where a fresh and lush style emphasizes the tenderness of tulle.
Fancy Veil Options
Unusual short options for veils include "pirate", "veil", "blush".
"Pirate" - The original lace accessory, also referred to as "Juliet's hat." It is perfect for dresses in the Art Deco style, extravagant models, will give a touch of romance and unusual image. For such a veil, you need a short haircut, loose curls.
"Veil" It fits perfectly into the retro look, but can also shade any other model. When choosing, pay attention to the finish. A modest veil without patterns will suit luxuriously decorated dresses, and an accessory with embroidery, inlaid with stones and rhinestones will dilute strict classics.
"Blush" - an elegant single-layer veil covering the upper part of the face, and after the ceremony, leaning back. A removable model is very popular, but then you need to take care of the aesthetics of the hairstyle with or without decoration.
Wedding Veil Length
Of particular importance is the length of the veil. You can determine the appropriate one by experience, trying on different options with the chosen wedding dress. Remember, the veil should not cover the compositional accents on the dress.
- A short veil will provide an opportunity to demonstrate decor and jewelry in the neck. For example, in the DARIA KARLOZI MASADA model, the small size opens up luxurious earrings. Also among the jewelry can be a necklace, velvet or lace stand-up collar, embroidered with beads.
- The length to the shoulders harmoniously looks with tight dresses on the floor or short low-necked models.
- The style to the elbow can be considered suitable for any outfits, but the combination with a lush cut is especially successful.
- A veil to your fingertips is the most versatile look. In the LORANGE 1616 model, the veil to the middle of the palm repeats not only the material, but also the color of the dress, while its conciseness is emphasized by the spectacular floral decor.
- Long models, for example LORANGE VELIZHANA from translucent tulle, can end flush with the hem of the dress or go into an exquisite train.
Why a bride needs a veil: traditions and signs
Almost every nation has the tradition of covering the head and face of the bride. In Russia, instead of the usual light veil that was usual for us, the young was covered with a dense scarf, covering also the face and shoulders. This is not just a protective attribute and a symbol of innocence, but also a special sign that the bride is now considered “dead” for everyone except the groom. No one should see her beauty.
In Muslims, the woman’s face did not open at all. Only her husband could see her after the wedding and no one else. The bedspread was not removed either during the festival or after it.
The veil is the most ancient wedding custom. It was believed that this attribute has magical properties. No one could touch the veil except the bride and her mother. It is especially important that no one touches the veil before the wedding. It is also impossible to measure it, since putting a veil on, a girl becomes a bride and must marry, and if this does not happen, fate can bring unpleasant surprises in the future.
There are several options for someone who removes the veil of a bride at a wedding. According to one version, only the spouse can remove the veil after the celebration. Only he and no one else. Even the bride herself should not take off her head. This can cause trouble for the family.
However, now the ceremony of removing the veil is a separate part of the holiday. A mother-in-law can remove a veil as a sign that she is taking a new daughter into the family, as well as the mother of the bride, then covering her head with a scarf. This means that the bride became a wife and mistress.
It is believed that the veil, even after the wedding, will protect the family. She covered the cradle of the child to protect him from the evil eye. For this reason, you can not let friends and even daughters measure their veil. Previously, veils were never sold or given away, but over time it became fashionable to take such things not for hire.
Pros and Cons of Veils
An attribute such as a veil has its own advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include a solemn appearance. It is the veil and white dress that make the bride a bride. The veil gives the image a more romantic, fabulous, memorable look. The veil will help to hide some of the shortcomings of the dress and figure.
For some, the undoubted advantage is the ability to observe traditions. If you believe that a veil is a charm that protects the family, there is no reason to abandon it.
If you are planning a photo shoot, a veil will serve you as an excellent assistant. You can come up with many poses for photos.
The disadvantages include some inconvenience. If the veil is long, then the inconvenience only doubles. You can step on a veil, catch on it for something. In addition, a long veil is heavy. However, many brides do not notice this in the process of triumph.
For veils you need to choose a hairstyle. If the veil is heavy, it is necessary to collect a sufficiently dense bunch to hold it.
And perhaps the last flaw is the closed back and neck. For owners of a graceful neck, this may seem like a problem, but now you can find enough options for veils that will not only not close, but also emphasize all the advantages of the figure.
How to choose a wedding veil: length options
Typically, the image of the perfect outfit develops in the girl long before the marriage proposal. She already knows what hairstyle, veil, etc. she wants. But starting to find out what are the options, the bride is lost, she wants to try on everything. It is worth remembering that the veil of the bride should be in perfect harmony with the dress. Although from the point of view of traditions it is impossible to try on a veil and dress, fashion and style require this.
Veils can vary in many ways. If we talk about the length, the classic is considered the length below the shoulder blades. All that is shorter is not a veil, but variants of veils.
- Veil to the shoulders. Not quite a veil in the traditional sense of the word. A favorite option for practical brides who do not want to carry heaviness on their heads and get confused in fabrics. Emphasize the beautiful back of the dress. Such a veil is not suitable for a wedding.
- Bridal Veil - the most common option. Not long and not short, comfortable, covers the ties or fasteners on the dress, but does not affect the hem. Well suited to a romantic look and a ball gown.
- Veil to the waistline. A little longer, very elegant, goes well with any dress without a train.
- Veil to the middle of the thigh. This veil is considered long. Favorite length of romantic natures. The veil is not so long as to interfere with walking, but it looks very beautiful.
- Veil to the knee level. This length of veil is often combined with midi dresses that do not completely cover the legs.
- Fata Waltz. This is a veil to the toes. Pretty heavy, you can get confused in it, but it looks luxurious. The length of the veil is usually more than one and a half meters. Depending on the height of the bride, such a veil will look different. It goes well with a dress without a train, suits tall and slender brides.
- Chapel Veil. More than 2 m, goes well with the train of the dress, heavy, but aristocratic.
- Cathedral Veil. Veil of breathtaking length. Its length can reach 3 m or more. A train is not required. It is better to prefer the usual long dress so that the fabrics are not confused. Such a veil is not suitable for stormy fun and dancing, it is better to change it during the holiday.
Wedding veil: width and layers
The width of the veil determines its splendor. The wider the fabric, the thicker and denser the veil.
- 135 cm. Dense fabrics are now almost never used, so with this width of the veil a soft, light and transparent veil is obtained. She does not cover her shoulders. The dress will peep through her. This should be considered when trying on a dress.
- 180 cm. The most traditional option, slightly envelops the shoulders. Looks very good in combination with strapless dresses and an open top.
- 270 cm. The widest magnificent. It looks good with an open top and a simple dress without unnecessary lace and drapery.
A veil can have a maximum of 3 layers, a minimum of 1. More than 3 layers do not, it will turn out to be a very heavy veil, wearing it will just be uncomfortable. The simpler the dress and hairstyle, the more layers a veil can have. Multi-layered veils are often chosen by brides who want their face to be covered during the ceremony.
A three-layer veil cannot be short, because the top layer covering the face should be at least 75 cm. A single-layer veil looks good with a lace top and a sophisticated dress. For a romantic look, a veil in 2 layers is more suitable.
How to choose a wedding veil according to the style of the dress
Girls rarely think about what a veil of a bride should be. They just come to the salon, and the consultant selects a dress and a suitable veil. But if you decide to sew everything to order, you need to think through your image in advance to the smallest detail. Everything should be harmonious: dress, hairstyle, veil, accessories.
When choosing a veil, many aspects are taken into account:
- Dress style. The simpler the style, the harder the veil. However, you should not buy the richest veil in the salon with a scattering of rhinestones and lace. She will be too distracting. The bride herself must always be in the foreground, her beauty and smile, then the dress and after - the veil. For ball gowns, a short or single-layer veil with a small amount of lace is suitable, and for fitted dresses in the style of Fish or straight cut, you can choose a more luxurious and richer veil.
- Dress decoration. Decor should match at least in general terms. If the dress is lace, there may be lace elements on the veil. If there are beads on the girdle or hem, the same should be on the veil. But this does not mean that you should buy the same generous veil for a generously decorated dress. A few common elements are enough to make everything look as a whole. Pay attention to the lace was similar in weaving and color.
- Dress color. Usually everything is strictly white or light (ivory, cream, beige). But lately it has become fashionable to make a veil brighter, pink or turquoise, although the dress may remain white. Such a bright veil needs to be supplemented with accessories, pick up shoes, handbag or belt in tone.
- Tailoring dresses. Pay attention to the back. When measuring a dress, put a mirror so that your back is visible. If the dress is tailored in such a way that the back is no worse than the neckline, you can safely choose a short or transparent veil. But it is desirable to hide various laces.
- Dress fabric. Of course, it is not always possible to pick up a veil from the same fabric, but in appearance they should have something in common. For example, shine, shade, texture.
It is not always worth believing consultants who claim that such a veil should be with this dress. And even more so, you do not need to change your favorite dress if a veil of a similar cut does not suit you. There are always options.
Veil for the bride by type of face
Before you go to the salon, you can narrow your search, if you understand what type of veil should be measured. The veil is in close proximity to the face, frames it, which means it can emphasize or hide the flaws and features of the face.
- Oval face. This face shape is considered ideal. You can wear any veil, except too short and wide, such a veil is not enough for anyone, it will make the face smaller.
- Long face. An elongated face will fit a lush veil of medium length. She will not visually narrow her face even more, but on the contrary, she will emphasize all the advantages.
- Round face. Chubby brides are recommended to do a high hairstyle and wear a thin light veil. These tricks will help to visually stretch your face. The veil should slightly touch the face on the sides.
- Triangular face shape. A narrow elongated lower part of the face will help hide the lush veil to the shoulders. She will add a little volume to the bottom.
- Square face, massive lower jaw. To smooth your face, you can buy a two-layer veil with a rounded edge, a weightless and long veil, which slightly frames the face, is also suitable.
- Rectangular face. For a rectangular face, a voluminous wide veil is suitable.
Alternative to traditional veil
A veil is an undoubted decoration of a girl, but it is impossible to give a definite answer to the question whether a veil is mandatory for a bride. Each bride has the right to decide for herself whether she wants a veil or do without her.
Options for replacing a veil mass. Here various articles in magazines come to the rescue about what should be the veil of the bride, a photo on the Internet.
- Bezel. A good choice for a refined look with long hair and collected hairstyles. Modestly and tastefully.
- Tape. Wide ribbons are now in fashion. Such decoration with a dress in retro style is especially suitable.
- Hat. For bright and fashionable brides. The hat can be with or without a veil. You will get a flirty and original image.
- Wreath. It will look good on young girls whose choice fell on a dress in the style of boho or rustic. In addition to the flowers themselves, there may be beads, rhinestones, leaves, twigs in the wreath.
- Diadem. The choice of brides who dream of being a princess. You can attach cotton to it or wear it separately.
- Natural flowers. Fresh flowers in the hairstyle have recently been very popular. They are chosen by both young and mature brides, as the flowers refresh the image at any age. A sophisticated collected hairstyle or loose curls will become even more beautiful with a living flower.
Questions about veil:
Veil - is it necessary?
Not at all. This is a traditional beautiful wedding accessory, but alternatives can be considered: hats, jewelry, fresh flowers.
How not to make a mistake choosing a veil?
Consider the style of your dress, the place of the banquet, the shape of the face. And it is better to try it after buying a dress.
Can I iron a veil?
Let her hang or very carefully iron with a slightly warm iron.
Test: do you need a veil?
The perfect wedding dress is:
BUT. A fluffy white princess dress
B. Luxurious and elegant dress
AT. Mandatory from a fashion designer
Where would you rather celebrate your wedding?
BUT. In a posh expensive restaurant
B. In a tent in nature
AT. In a trendy hotel
After the banquet, you will come:
BUT. Of course, a limousine!
AT. Convertible or executive car
More answers BUT or B? Fata is your choice.
More answers AT? better consider alternatives.
What else to look for
Creating a wedding image depends on the unity and harmony of all its elements, so the choice of a veil depends on a number of other factors:
Face shape. Круглолицые невесты, желающие спрятать щечки, могут выбрать не очень пышную фату из плотной, формоустойчивой ткани, немного прикрывающую лицо.A square shape with sharp cheekbones will make the lightweight veil of cascading or round cut to shoulder length more harmonious. A narrow, elongated face will visually balance a wide veil surrounding it with a gentle cloud. Brides with an oval face are not limited in choice.
Hairstyle. It will affect the style, method of attachment, length.
Production material. Two kinds of tulle are often used. Soft lies gentle folds and often goes on a two-layer veil covering the face. In the LORANGE VIDANA model, light translucency gives charm and charm to the princess wedding dress, without interfering with the decoration of the bodice and tiny sleeves. Hard tulle is more form-stable, it makes the accessory lush, airy and suitable for creating a solemn image.
The lace veil looks elegant - its delicate pattern harmonizes perfectly with a noble satin, or an outfit of chiffon or taffeta, as in the LORANGE BELIKA model. The scalloped edge of the mantilla is similar to the trim of the skirt. The motives of lace ornaments may vary, but they must be in harmony.
Wedding dress with draperies Belika
Build and proportions. With the help of a successful style, you can transform the figure. So, to hide the wide hips, a veil up to the elbow is suitable. To correct the growth, miniature brides need an accessory of short or medium length in one layer, high - long, with a wide strip of decor on the bottom. Slender girls will look good with curvy models or a veil to the hips, decorated with embroidery or lace, and for fluffy brides a long flowing veil is preferred, without layering and active decor. The veil "waltz" will be able to give proportions harmony and grace.
Finish. Decor should be combined with jewelry on the dress, whether it be lace edging, rhinestones and stones, embroidery. The amount of decor should not argue for luxury with the decoration of the main outfit.
Comfort. The veil should not strongly wrinkle, cling to dresses or interfere with movements. It should be an organic continuation of the outfit, only shading the beauty of the image of the bride and groom.
An elegant accessory will add completeness, mystery, charm and grandeur to the wedding look. In our salon you can always find a spectacular and elegant outfit and accessories, including a bridal veil suitable for the style, materials and decor of the wedding dress.
Basic selection rules
The veil can have a different shape, it is distinguished by a rich finish: beads, lace, rhinestones, satin ribbon, embroidery. How to choose the right wedding accessory? The secret is quite simple - the veil is chosen under the dress. The following parameters should be considered:
- Colour. A prerequisite is full compliance with the color of the outfit. Otherwise, even the slightest difference in shades will be too obvious. Such an outfit in the photo looks especially unsuccessful.
- Length. Bridal veils are also chosen by the height of the bride. Miniature girls should not give preference to long options, in this case the image will look too bulky. It is better to prefer a short or medium length. Tall brides should choose a long or medium length veil.
- Layers For a wedding dress with a train, you can pick up a long product with one layer of thin fabric. Brides who want to cover their face with a weightless veil prefer a two-layer product. This option in the form of a semicircle is attached to the hairstyle using hairpins, hairpins or a comb. An accessory made of three layers of fabric looks especially solemn. This option can be matched to a straight dress or flared skirt. A fluffy dress with a three-layer veil will look too bulky.
- Finish. Decorative details should match the decoration of the bride’s outfit. Selection of veils is carried out in strict accordance with the decoration. The lace and embroidery of the accessory should overlap with the decorative details. The options are quite interesting, the edges of which are processed with a satin trim. Sometimes decorative elements of contrasting colors are used if they are present in the wedding decor.
We also recommend that you look at the video with current tips from a fashion designer:
Such a necessary detail at the wedding practically did not change over time. What veil to choose for a wedding dress? There are many options, each has its own advantages:
- Shortened. It is a veil, barely covering her face. It can serve as a decoration not only for a wedding, but also for creating an evening look in everyday life.
- Short in the form of a semicircle. Usually comes to the shoulder line, may contain one or two layers of fabric. You can choose a short wedding dress.
- Fata Mantilla. It is a weightless oval shaped product of very different lengths. For its sewing, lace fabric is used. An option of weightless tulle with lace scallops trim is quite appropriate.
- Middle length. It is considered the most popular, it is easy to pick up to any option. The length reaches the tips of the fingers.
- Long veil. It is a product that completely covers the figure with a cascade of airy fabric. Very popular models from one layer with a decor in the form of lace. Especially luxurious is the accessory that reaches for the bride like a train, ideal for weddings.
Before choosing a veil for a wedding dress, the bride must determine the style of the outfit. Among the huge variety, each girl will easily find the most suitable product. Several options for veils can come up to the style of the dress, it is worth choosing an accessory with decorative elements to match the outfit.
- Direct silhouette. It can have different lengths: mini, midi, maxi. The classic option is a short sleeveless outfit with a flirty bow along the chest line. It goes well with a curvaceous accessory to the shoulder line. For a straight dress on the floor, you can pick up an elegant product from one layer of weightless tulle.
- A-line silhouette. It is characterized by a fitted bodice and a flared skirt. An option with edges trimmed with a ribbon matching the outfit will suit a satin dress. Models with bead embroidery look quite elegant. Under a lace dress, you can pick up an accessory decorated with lace scallops.
- Silhouettes of "Fish". Model with a tight top and a fluffy skirt from the knee line. The outfit is suitable for tall slender girls, very often the product combines two types of fabrics: lace and chiffon. Therefore, under a fish dress, you can choose an accessory from a soft mesh or lace fabric, the length should reach the fingertips.
- With a fluffy skirt. Usually a skirt contains many frills of the finest mesh or chiffon. Do not overload the image; for a lush wedding dress, you can pick up a long model from one layer of tulle. Accessory decor should match the decoration of the outfit.
Each bride is creative in how to choose a veil for a wedding dress. If possible, it is best to order individual tailoring in the studio. In this case, it will be possible to create a harmonious ensemble. In other cases, it is better to listen to these tips.