1. Get enough sleep on the eve of the exam to feel alert.
You already know the importance of sleep and its effect on the brain. Scientists note that with proper rest and sufficient sleep, the brain works faster and more efficiently. Attention and memory are also improved, which is of utmost importance in exams. Therefore, before the exam, be sure to sleep 6-8 hours. Then you can better focus on the answer and write it down carefully.
It is very important to avoid stress before the exam. Therefore, it is better to finish the preparation before they begin, and during the exam period just repeat the topics.
2. Eat light and nutritious foods.
Before the exam, eat properly to provide the body with energy!
Eat light and easily digestible foods. Usually a combination of carbohydrates and proteins with plant products provides a good supply of energy for a long time. Here's what you can eat before the exam.
- Vegetable dishes.
- Rice with vegetables.
- Corn flakes with milk and dried fruits.
- Sandwiches with vegetables.
If you are very worried and cannot eat, then simple rice is suitable for the stomach. You can eat a banana with raisins and drink a glass of milk. Just do not eat fried or fatty foods, because it is difficult to digest. Avoid sweets as they give an instant burst of energy that runs out quickly.
Finally, do not overdo it before the exam, as you may feel sleepy. But do not go to the exam with an empty stomach. The brain needs fuel!
If you are allowed to eat in the examination room, bring along dried fruits rich in sugar (dates, raisins). Their slow chewing will provide the brain with one of its favorite foods - glucose.
3. Tune in a positive way.
Before leaving home, spend 5 minutes on a visualization exercise.
- Sit comfortably on a chair and close your eyes.
- Take 3-4 slow deep breaths. And then imagine the following picture.
You joyfully leave the house. Safely get to the examination audience. Come in smiling. You sit comfortably on a chair. Write your exam paper calmly and correctly. At the end of the exam, you cheerfully submit your work. Finally, you return home with a joyful smile. Sounds great, right? This exercise will instantly improve your mood, set your thoughts in a positive way, calm you down, increase confidence and ease your fear of the exam.
4. Do not think about the results of your answer, but just calmly do the work.
Approaching the examination audience, it is quite natural to feel a heartbeat, tickling in the abdomen, fever on the cheeks and sweat on the palms. These are all clear symptoms of exam stress! Do not worry! Such sensations are a natural reaction of an organism to a challenge or struggle. It is impossible to completely eliminate these sensations. In addition, some degree of stress is beneficial as it stimulates the brain and makes it more susceptible. It helps to answer exams better!
Therefore, do not worry if you feel stress signals. Know that this is good for you. Do not pay attention to the heart, ready to break out of your chest. Enter the audience with a smile and say “Hello!” To all classmates. Have a little chat, but do not touch on the topic of exams. Pay attention to other items before it starts.
Always remember that success in exams is closely related to how efficiently you use your brain, what right thoughts you supply with it to start a neural circuit. Keep in mind that thoughts of failure will never help on the exam. Instead, think that you will respond well. This thought is more likely to activate the neural circuits of the brain on which the answers to the questions are recorded. Think only about what you want to achieve, and never about what you do not want.
This is the main secret to success in exams, in careers and in life.
Positive thoughts will help you calm down stress, stay cool and pass exams successfully. And if stress nevertheless prevents you from deliberately thinking, then use the following secret!
5. Be sure to relax and calm down.
It is very important.
You now know that some degree of stress is helpful. But excessive stress, as a rule, creates problems. Fear can paralyze you so much that you cannot concentrate and remember the answers. In this situation, first of all, try to calm down.
- Sit straight and comfortable in a chair. Let the legs stand on the floor. Do not tighten your toes.
- Take a few sips of water. (Always carry a bottle with you.)
- Take 3-4 slow deep breaths.
- Do not think about what question you will receive, how you will answer what will happen in case of failure and other unpleasant things.
- Repeat to yourself: “I am calm. I'm smart. I have unlimited mental abilities. I remember everything. I can answer any question. I really want to write the correct answer! ”
Now focus all your attention only on the question. Very soon you will feel a surge of strength and be sure to remember the answer.
6. Read the question carefully on the exam ticket before proceeding with the answer.
As soon as you get a question, you will want to rush to do the exam work. But first, read the question carefully to make sure you understand it correctly. This will help you avoid mistakes when writing your answer.
It will take 2-3 minutes to ponder the issue, but be sure to do it. Every year, many students lose a significant amount of points, because they misunderstood the question. In addition, this action has an additional advantage: pondering a question tells the brain how to write the correct answer in the allotted time.
7. Start by answering easy questions and write carefully.
For a high score, the first impression should be good.
To do this, make the first page neat by writing the correct answers. Avoid rewriting on this page.
This is easy to achieve if you start with answers to easy questions. Choose the first question carefully, and then move on to those questions that you know the right answers to. Answer complex questions at the end. Do not worry if you are not allowed to do this. Just do what you can and write what you know. Try to make the second and third page of your work accurate as well. This will make a good impression on the examiner. The ability to write work quickly and accurately comes only with the practice of writing answers to such questions at home, a few days before the exams.
8. Leave free space if you forget a moment and answer another question.
If you suddenly forget part of the answer, do not panic. The main thing is not to be nervous, otherwise it will negatively affect your quick wits, and you will lose a lot of precious time to remember the information.
Do not think negatively: “That's what always happens to me!” Or “Why am I so stupid?”, Otherwise you will not be able to remember anything at all. What you think is immediately reflected in the work of the brain and memory. In such a situation, ignore what you don’t remember. The main thing is to keep calm. Leave free space on the page and start answering other questions. At the end, go back and try to remember the rest of the answer.
Do not be surprised if at this moment you remember everything you need. This is how the brain functions: when you forget something, the brain continues to search for this information on a subconscious level, even if you are busy with answers to other questions!
So, there is a considerable chance that you can remember the answer from the second attempt.
9. Be sure to try
Do not leave questions unanswered, otherwise you will lose a large number of points.
If you do not remember the answers to some questions, use the following tips.
- Answer the most difficult questions after you answer all the others.
“Even if you don’t remember the full answer or don’t know it at all, write as much as you can.” If you leave an empty place instead of an answer, you won’t get points for it. And if you write something, then perhaps you will get a certain number of points, which will be included in the result.
- If you still can’t remember a specific answer, write any information regarding this issue. If you guess, the examiner can reward you with several points - this is better than nothing! So let the brain search for answers to all the questions. Do not rule out the possible clues of some ideas. Do everything you can to at least somehow answer all the questions at the scheduled time.
10. Take a break to relax if you feel weak, anxious, or stressed during the exam.
Sometimes, as a result of fear and exertion in the exam, you may feel clouding in your brain and experience anxiety. If this happens to you, do not panic, but do the following: - Stop writing immediately.
- Sit straight and comfortable in a chair.
- Close your eyes and take 4-5 slow deep breaths. Then breathe again, as usual.
- Open your eyes and keep writing.
Such a break will help you relax and feel better. If possible, have a drink of water: it will allow you to calm down.
You can eat chocolate when you feel anxiety. The sugar present in it will give you energy.
If you are still anxious, ask your examiner for help.
11. Check if you answered all the questions properly.
Verification gives completeness to the examination work. This is the last secret of an excellent job. Therefore, before you pass it, check:
- did you answer all the questions,
- Did you number the answers correctly?
- Have you left empty places to add an answer that you could not immediately remember. If you find such a place, try to write an answer,
- see if anything can be added to the answers,
- check spelling. Perform the examination work so that 10-15 minutes are left to check it.
12 . Having passed the exam paper, stop worrying about her and hope for the best.
Always remember this vital tip. Having passed the work with answers, leave the examination audience and forget about it. It's over!
Do not think about what you wrote and why not. Do not worry about whether you get enough points or not. Experiencing:
- you drain the psyche,
- you reduce the concentration of attention,
- you increase fear and anxiety.
All this works against you, leads to depression, which will negatively affect the next exam. Therefore, never worry about the fact that something was done poorly. You can’t do anything about it already. You just have to think about how best to cope with the next exam, and hope for the best. Never forget this secret.
A confident blockhead looks better than a doubting wise guy
Remember these monstrously ridiculous and therefore ridiculous pickup tips that we used to make fun of: "talk to her and move as if you are already in it"? So, it works with teachers. Be calm and relaxed (but not too much). Polite, look with clear, attentive eyes, smile and pretend that the exam is just a formality for you, you will pass it all soon and just come for “ex.” In other words, bluff, bluff as selflessly as if playing for money.
The use of illegal stimulants
The teacher was also young and understands how a person looks under various stimulants. Especially if the teacher is less than forty years old. It is funnier than looking at a student who has clearly blew the previous night, just reading his essays, which are more like gonzo than trying to get a good grade.
Exhausted, supposedly sleepless at night, the view is not a guarantee of trust. Rather the opposite
The teacher is the same primate as you and his rationality is just a thin crust over the bottomless slurry of the subconscious. The sickly look of another congener always unconsciously repels the pack animal. The exhausted face of the student does not say at all about how well done he is and a diligent clever woman - rather the opposite. No, really, why wasn’t he sleeping? Maybe because I didn’t prepare for the whole semester, but now I rushed to catch up on the last night?
It’s better to sit in the middle or even the front rows. Especially if you are not ready
If you thought that the teacher did not see your spurs, then this is simply ridiculous. He sees everything and the inside resents what kind of idiot he is being held for. A “bezpelevy” smartphone, “accidentally” left on the table, seriously? Maybe you still hide a tidy tutor under the table? Usually, a teacher breaks away from picking up spurs when the situation gets out of control - too explicitly and arrogantly, or a complete boob and a dope will suddenly write the fifth page of the answer out of nowhere.
From the table of the examiner, especially if he is in the lecture corner, those who are sitting in the center and those who are at the end are pretty hard to see. However, people at first desks often become a blank spot. Once, I only burned a student at the end of the exam, who was writing off an open textbook right in front of my face — an impudence worthy of respect.
Brush your teeth and eat peppermint candy, damn it!
Students underestimate the power of bad breath. The teacher himself can stink like a sweaty dog (I speak like a teacher who smelled like a sweaty dog), but he will certainly notice someone else's stench.
Of course, everyone brushes their teeth before the exam, and thanks for that. But at the same time they forget that they themselves had been drinking vigorous coffee all night, and even with sugar, and the smell after it was so-so. And quite persistent. Therefore, it is better to eat mint candy and at least be sure that the examiner is falling for something else.
Flirting students - this, of course, is nice. But it only works if the teacher is a worried sweaty guy
Students very often flirt with the teacher - this is a fact, and the fact is awkward. Most of these flirting from the outside looks unnatural and even tortured. For this reason, for example, I often felt like some kind of monster who was being tried to keep from dangerous actions, showing a little more from my breasts and legs than it should be.
Flirting almost always causes a sensation of a catch: “Well, yes, of course, she did not prepare, or even does not plan to prepare, trying to leave on the exterior, sadly.” Although I admit that teachers with a midlife crisis really powerfully peck at this bait. But the young examiner, you know, has more to do with sex and flirt, except at work. And the elderly do not need to.
Almost everyone has their own sore subject, which in no case should be touched
Once I was an assistant in an exam with a more experienced and respected teacher, gaining experience. So, there was a student who kept going “excellent” all the time - a rare wise guy, in a good way. And he was inundated in a simply godless manner. Deciding to show erudition, he blurted out something out of place about Marx (and even quite neutral). There was no storm, but it was electrified into the air in the room, and almost all were killed by the weight of the head teacher's gaze.
But it was not necessary to be clever in the presence of the honored Marxist of the republic. Find out in advance what kind of triggers the teacher has and bypass them. This is not even a policy, maybe he loves cats and hates dogs or basically does not drink. Be patient for half an hour and don’t joke with him about shawarma with cats and how great it is to get drunk after an exam.
Lists and conciseness on paper - the key to a good change
Before the exam they give you paper so that you can express your thoughts there on the question and at the same time use it as a support during the oral test. So, many teachers study notes with great interest than a crumpled student bubbling. If on paper everything is super-logical, but better, made in the form of lists and neat schemes, then the heart of even the most evil cracker softens and tells him to overestimate. Schemes and itemized lists are gold; the oral answer is silver.
Grades in the set-off from previous teachers
It often happens that the examiner hesitates what grade to put - lower (so that students do not relax) or higher (for beautiful eyes). And then he, as if by chance, looks at the previous grades in the set-off. He sees there at least one "turban" - and with a pure heart puts lower.
That is why, if you hand over a session with a delay (I myself have never once passed a session on time), it makes sense to start with those items for which you are guaranteed to have a good grade. The teacher is a collective being. Seeing that the others gave good marks, he decides: “Why not put it higher? Kuzma Alekseich, there, and Izolda Semenovna, too, didn’t bring him down, they’re not fools. ”
But you need to understand that all this is purely psychological tricks that work only when the student, at least, has something to say. Если он откровенный дурень, раззява и появлялся на глазах у препода всего пару раз за семестр — ничерта не поможет.
Часть 2 Оптимизм
- 1 Мыслите положительно. Многие студенты настроены пессимистично по отношению к экзаменам, что разрушает их уверенность и мотивацию. Таким образом, важно научиться думать позитивно.
- 2 Отдыхайте. If you do not, then the exams will be more tiring for you, and you will not remember a lot of information.
- 3 Be careful. Learn to be diligent in everything that relates to your work.
- 4 Be confident in yourself. Many successful students depend on teachers and parents to help them deal with difficulties, and this supports them. Self-confidence will help you achieve better results, especially in difficult situations.
- A good way to develop self-confidence is to travel alone.
- 5 Be single-minded. If you can see the bigger picture, then motivation can really help you improve your results. Setting your goal helps keep you focused and motivated, this is the reason why the most successful people are excellent at setting goals.
- 6 Do not compare yourself with other students or relatives in intelligence. This will bring only grief.
- 7 Forgive yourself for making mistakes. Everyone makes them, and this is a key part of learning. Mistakes become a problem only when they are repeated again and again, so it is important to learn from your omissions and forgive yourself. Writing mistakes and things that you could do differently next time in your diary is a good way to learn them. Never let blunders remain on your conscience as a disease.
- 8 Listen to your intuition. Do not force yourself to revise or re-read something, if you do not want to do this, perhaps you need a day off or a day to reflect on what you have already learned and are going to learn more.
- 9 Write down your fears and failures. Fear of exam failure is very common among students. Fear can motivate you to try to do better, but it can also make you feel overwhelmed. You can feel more positive by writing down the worst possible exam results. When you see your recorded fears, they lose their shape.
Part 3 Procrastination
- 1 Procrastination (Procrastination). If it’s hard for you to work, maybe you’re just doing the wrong job at this time. Try to do something else, for example:
- Put things in order by making an inspection schedule or a to-do list.
- Read. If you spent a lot of time on practical exercises and can no longer concentrate on them, then try reading
- If you are stuck on something, then write these things on the list and be sure to do one at a time every day.
- If you really have difficulty concentrating, try going for a walk or doing exercise to give yourself time to think about what you have done.
- 2 Do not be a perfectionist. The pursuit of excellence can be positive, as it inspires you to achieve all the best. However, this can be an obstacle, as it gives a distorted perspective in which you do not feel happy until you reach a specific goal. Perfectionism can also mean a lack of balance in your life.
- Signs that you are a perfectionist:
- You are always unhappy with your work. This can have a positive effect if it encourages you to do something to the best of your abilities, however, if you are not happy with your work, then, as a rule, you are not happy with yourself.
- Focus on the smallest details. As a perfectionist, you often focus on small aspects of the job and lose the wider picture, neglecting other important components.
- Putting things off for later. Perfectionists are ordinary procrastinators (people who constantly put off important or unpleasant things), which causes them an overwhelming feeling when trying to constantly do everything right.
- Signs that you are a perfectionist:
Part 4 Dealing with Depression
- 1 Try to avoid depression. It not only undermines your self-esteem, but can also affect your grades. Here are some of its signs:
- Excessive fatigue (a feeling of tiredness accompanies all the time). To avoid this, make sure you spend at least 9 hours a day on sleep, so you can do everything and do your job. A nap, although it may seem like a good idea, can make you more depressed, as you will lag behind your tasks. Work at least a few hours a day.
- Forgetfulness. Depression leads to forgetfulness, and you may notice that it has become more difficult to concentrate in class on classes or on repeating material. Do not worry too much about this, as this will only exacerbate the problem. Do not push yourself too hard. Complete the priority part of the work, but do not forget to take enough breaks, walks and exercise.
- You feel bad all the time and do not want to do anything. Act in a way that alleviates other symptoms - don't push yourself. Instead of the hard work of repeating the material that you do in the last weeks before the exams, do the same in a few months and do not feel pressure. This will help prioritize the training area and write a to-do list. Cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy for positive thinking can help with this. (Cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy or cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy (Eng. Cognitive behavioural therapy) —the direction of psychotherapy, which is based on the premise that the cause of psychological disorders (phobias, depression, etc.) are dysfunctional beliefs and attitudes)
- Lack of communication. Depression can make it difficult, and it will make you feel even worse.
- 2 Understand the causes of depression. Depression is caused by a traumatic experience that could have occurred when you were told that you were stupid because you passed the exams badly and that made you feel pessimistic.
- Be sure to avoid what has led to depression in the past. Write a list of things and thoughts that you think are causing your depression, and what you can do about it.
- Negative thoughts haunt you. People who suffer from this think a lot and, as a rule, live with a terrible sense of failure and scold themselves if they could not do something. Remembering the time you were haunted by these negative thoughts can really help you come to terms with depression.
- 3 Try to cure depression. If she’s serious, and because of this you spend days in bed, it’s a good idea to take a break from your studies and take a trip, or do something interesting. If this is not possible, try reducing the number of items and activities that you do. Another good way to deal with depression is to keep a diary in which you will write down your thoughts, which will help bear the burden you feel and make it clear that most of this is actually not worth your attention due to the absurdity.
Part 5 Balance
- 1 Create a work plan. Use a diary or calendar to plan how you are going to do your work. A good way to start this is to introduce first the methods and methods of organization, and then customize the work for them.
- 2 Do not overwork. You can assume that you did not pass the exam well because you did not invest enough work in the training. On the contrary, many lagging just among the workaholics.
- There are many common symptoms of people who are obsessed with work. They can engage all day long, not take walks, exercise, social contacts, not take breaks during training, and they think that they must know every fact in the subject under study.
- 3 Balance. Balance your life and stop being a workaholic.
- Take breaks from classes.
- Make the evenings free. If you work all day and in the evening, then you find yourself in a negative round-robin process, where you wake up the next day, not wanting to work, so you lag behind your tasks, and then do it again in the evening to catch up and continue this cycle. It’s better to do the work often and little by little and take enough breaks.
- Take time to meet friends. When you look back at your school years, the biggest regret is not the grades you received, but the fact that you did not spend enough time with your friends.
- Take time to chat with your family.
- Do extracurricular activities. Learn to play a musical instrument or engage in a sports team.
- Do not repeat the training material at least once a week.
- 4 Take a break. If you think that you are working hard, because there is too much work to be completed, and you feel that it prevents you from starting to repeat the material, contact your teacher to reduce the number of exercises. It is important to do practical tests, but if it cannot be combined with other important work and life outside of education, they become unproductive.
- 5 Wake up early. Getting up early is good, because most people work more productively in the morning than in the afternoon. In the afternoon, you will have more time to relax. It is important to choose a good sleep schedule, sleep the same number of hours (i.e. 9 hours), regardless of whether you go to sleep at 10 pm or 3 am. This means that when you go to bed late, the sleep mode will not be disturbed, and the learning path is correctly calculated.
- 6 Motivate yourself. If you struggle to feel motivated, work out a repetition plan.
- 7 Remember that your exam is not all. If you do not pass the exam, this is not the end of the world. There are many jobs, in particular, creative work, which depends more on the efforts made than on the points achieved. Many successful people have failed in exams. Traveling is a great way to learn that there is more to life than learning.
Part 7 Organization / Focus
- 1 Create a repetition plan. It is a great way to organize your time, so you do not deviate from the right direction, track your progress and achieve balance. Remember that you do not have to do everything and identify priority material for review.
- 2 Keep a diary. Use it throughout the year to keep your work organized. Make notes in pencil, so if you need to change something, you can erase it and remember that you can be flexible. Leave space for notes related to your studies. They are very important, so do not forget about it.
- 3 Calm atmosphere. After you have developed a plan on how and what you are going to review, it is important to create good conditions for study. Here are some ways you can do this.
- Cabinet / Library. Work in a special room or in the library. This will help to establish the boundary between the workplace and the living space and achieve greater balance in your life.
- Cleanliness / beauty. Keep your room and notes in order. Also, let beautiful paintings hang on the wall.
- Classical music. Listen to classical or other instrumental music during class. YouTube is a good place to find classical music with playlists lasting more than 6 hours.
- Hot drink.
- Incense Incense burning can really help make the room more soothing.
- 2nd screen and keyboard. If you work on a laptop a lot of time, it can cause a real load. Connect a keyboard to your laptop and set up a dual-screen display. This improves posture and prevents eye fatigue. However, do not use this as an excuse not to do the work.
Part 8 Productive Notes
- 1 Take notes. Many gifted students do not know how to take notes correctly. Good notes should inspire you to think creatively about topics, not just retell facts. Useful methods include building associative cards, writing down questions, and using filing cards.
- 2 Meditate. At the end of the daily repetition, reflect on what you have learned.
- 3 Ask questions. All the best students are curious and ask a lot. If you are confused about the class, then ask questions. If you are not sure, others probably feel the same way, so questions will help them.
- 4 Know the key questions of your course. The main questions are those that are based on the essence of your course. There are usually two or three.
- 5 Understand the concept. Never try to learn something by heart, always try to understand the meaning. You can forget the learned topic, but it is completely impossible to forget the basic concept as soon as you clearly understand it.
Part 9 Development and Planning
- 1 Develop a good plan before writing something. If you feel that your texts really let you down, you could work on planning, a good plan will lead to a good result.
- Brainstorm. One successful way to structure your thoughts is called a star burst. Write the title of your essay in the center of the sheet. Around the name of how the location of the stars write questions: “Who?”, “What?”, “Why?”, “When?”, “Where?”, And “How?”. Give simple answers to all these questions. After everything is written, still around again add ideas, content, contrasts and ways to add clarity to this aspect of the name. Continue this process until you have gathered enough information to write the essay. These six questions are unique tools to help you think through aspects of the problem.
- Use a list of bullet points to structure your answers.
- Write from the heart. The best essays are the ones you are in love with
- 2 Improve your writing skills.
- Study sample answers written by top students. Write down how they organize the answer, structure their work, write an introduction and conclusions. Be aware of how succinctly they dealt with this task. You can study the work of others, but make sure that you are not plagiarizing.
- Be critical of your writing style. Determine how to do the job better.
- 3 Look at the latest works to see which questions arise a lot. Review carefully by writing plans for a wide range of issues.
- 4 Solve urgent tasks. It is important to do this before exams. This, however, does not mean that you should deal with every past question. Another way to make sure that you do not go beyond the exam preparation deadline is to plan the best way to use the time.
- 5 Make corrections. If you have completed work on an urgent matter before the allotted time has elapsed, correct your answer.
- Go for walks and / or meditate. This will give you time to think, which will help you feel calmer when thinking about the exam.
- Do not take more than three items. If you take four or more, it will be much harder to get a good grade. This is achievable planning, but do not overdo it by writing down every past question.
- Do not visit social networks. Many students study below their abilities because they spend too much time on such sites. Go out and meet friends, but don’t go to social media pages while preparing for exams.
- Exercise on the street. You will feel depressed if on a sunny day you cannot go out into the fresh air due to the fact that you need to study, so the best option would be to choose a shady place and gnaw at the granite of science.
- Try to answer correctly the first time. More often than not, students do not receive more points in re-assignments.
- Do not retake exams in January. This is disheartening, as you have to study during the Christmas holidays, and you will see how many of your friends have fun without you.