The problem of snakes has always been relevant for people, especially for those who live in rural areas. If there is a chance of the appearance of snakes in the house, then people begin to be afraid to leave their rooms and begin to be afraid to go to bed. If you fit the description, then do not you think that something should be done?
From this article you will learn how to find a way out of this situation, because it lists the effective methods of getting rid of snakes that anyone can use! They will help to make a place out of your home, garden or garden a quiet, calm and isolated from various dangers. It may be difficult for you to believe that the solution to the issue of snakes lies directly on the surface, but believe me, there is nothing easier to achieve the result. Forget about fears and doubts! Feel confident! This is your home, not theirs!
Getting rid of snakes in a natural way: habitat change
There is one rule that, for some reason, everyone forgets - the change in habits: you change your habits, and snakes, respectively, change their own. When you constantly observe reptiles around your site or home, this means only one thing - the conditions are favorable for them. The smallest environmental changes will prevent them from living near you and your home.
Here are some effective tips for getting rid of snakes in a natural way:
- Mow all tall grass
- Remove stones, lumber and other debris from the pile of stones, as they are a refuge for small pests, which, in turn, are food for snakes,
- Bury or cover all the rodent holes - they attract snakes,
- Fighting rodents (rats, mice) leads to good results in getting rid of snakes,
- Build a fence around your site - it will keep most snakes at a distance, especially if its cells are no more than 5 cm and buried a few centimeters in the ground.
If you need to get rid of snakes such as copperfish, then, first of all, you need to think about creating an unfavorable environment for them. Think about how you can deprive them of food so that they have nothing to do on your site. Also try to keep the green spaces as far away from your home as possible - this will add more security to you and your site.
Nevertheless, in order to get rid once and for all of the various snakes that appeared on your site, it is best to trust the professionals, because they have all the knowledge and tools to quickly solve this problem.
How to get rid of snakes with naphthalene
Naphthalene will be effective only if the reptiles have not yet managed to occupy a large area of your site. A small amount of solution will negate any presence of snakes, but the minus of this method is its short-term effect. Naphthalene is an ideal solution if you need to secure the entrances to your home - small cracks in the walls, sewer pipes, etc.
Naphthalene is obtained from tar and it is a source of toxic gas, the smell of which is very unpleasant for snakes. If you plan on moth balls, it is best to mix them with cat filler, and then scatter them throughout the garden (garden), as well as in places through which reptiles can enter your home.
When working with mothballs, be very careful, as gas emitted by naphthalene can cause health problems: destruction of red blood cells, jaundice, difficulty with the intestines, and can even cause the formation of cancerous tumors. It is for this reason that most people prefer to use alternative repellents and traps when fighting reptiles.
How to get rid of all the snakes in the house
As you know, getting rid of the dangerous snakes that settled in your house is a rather laborious task. But, a good start is already half the battle, so you need to know where to start the fight against reptiles.
To get started, carefully inspect all the ventilation holes in the basement of your home. If you notice that there are holes that exceed 1 cm, then you need to close them. Never leave, in the hope that the snakes themselves leave the house, the doors open - this will not lead to any effect.
If you find a snake nest or a snake in the basement, then never try to cope on your own, unless, of course, you have the necessary knowledge and sufficient experience. Remember that the most poisonous snakes will live only in the garden (garden), and the most problematic snakes will be the smallest. So how to get rid of snakes in the basement?
Never take a snake in your hand if you are not 100% sure that the snake is not poisonous and not dangerous.
- Sealing. Go around your entire house - your goal is to find everything, even small holes, next to the ground - these are the reptile penetration points in your basement. As soon as you find all of these openings, close them immediately.
- Physical removal. If there is a snake in your home, then it needs to be physically removed from your home. For this purpose, it is best to hire a professional or set up special traps. However, simply removing the snake is not enough - once again go around the basement to find and patch up all possible penetration points.
- Easily accessible products. Food attract snakes to the house. Make sure you put all your pet food in containers with a tight-fitting lid. When there is no food, it makes no sense to stay in the house.
Of all the above options, a specialist call is the best solution to the problem of snakes in the house. A snake in a house is not the same as a snake in a garden or vegetable garden. In the latter case, you can safely try any solutions in the fight against them, because the snake is far from the place where you sleep and rest.
How to get rid of snakes in a garden or garden and how to prevent them from entering the house
As already mentioned in this article: snakes are constantly looking for new places where they have a lot of available food - mainly insects and rodents.
As soon as all food sources are eliminated, reptiles will leave your territory in search of food for themselves. To achieve this, many people spray insecticides throughout their entire area and also use rodent repellents.
Methods for combating reptiles in a garden plot:
- 1. Pest control. This is perhaps the way to get rid of the snakes that live around your home. Just destroy all insects, rodents and worms, thereby depriving the snakes of food. This method in practice has proven its effectiveness and the duration of the result.
- 2. Naphthalene. Another effective method. Surround your home with mothballs and you will soon see the results. However, do not use naphthalene where children or pets can reach it.
- 3. Pruning plants. Try to trim the trees around the house - many snakes are able to move from the tree to the roof of the house, and from there directly into the house. It is also worth remembering that many species of snakes that are dangerous to humans can live in the surrounding forests.
- 4. Sulfur. If you need a method with the fastest effect, then buy sulfur powder, gloves and a respirator. Sprinkle sulfur lines at doors and other places where snakes might enter. Do not forget to repeat the procedure after every rain.
- 5. Cleaning the territory. Remove stones and lumber from the mountain site - they are a natural shelter for rodents. No rodents - no reptiles near the house. It is also important to remove all debris from the site and mow all tall grass.
Simple Ways to Get Rid of the Terrible Snakes in Your Site
The snakes that are on your site are not dangerous for your family and pets, but below are a few steps with which you can get rid of an unpleasant neighborhood. So, getting rid of the snakes that got in your garden or garden is very important. If you do not know where to start, then use the tips below and snakes will leave your site forever.
Cats pose a serious threat to many types of snakes. If you are faced with a reptile problem, then get yourself a pet.
- Find the nest. To get rid of any type of reptile, you must find and destroy their nest. Inspect the area carefully to find it. Snakes prefer to arrange their nests in the most secluded corners - piles of wood and compost, various inconspicuous holes in the ground, etc.
- No trash. Want to quickly and effectively get rid of snakes in your area? Then do not accumulate trash on the street. Did you know that such places are ideal for creating nests with terrible snakes.
- No trash. Keep your area clean and remove debris, tree branches and heaps of leaves from it in a timely manner. Make changes to the landscape to change environmental conditions.
- Cut the grass. Do not let the grass grow. It's no secret that snakes adore tall grass - this is the habitat of mice, rats, squirrels, crickets and grasshoppers - their main food. To get rid of these terrible reptiles - mow the lawn once a week! Be sure that snakes linger briefly with you.
- Remove compost heaps. For what? They are ideal as shelter for your reptile site. This is the main reason why heaps should be removed from your site.
- Build a fence. A fence not less than a meter high and made of small netting is a good way to prevent the appearance of snakes in your area.
- Use naphthalene. Almost all types of snakes hate the smell of naphthalene - so why not use it for your own purposes? Do not randomly scatter them around the site. Just bury them in several places. Remember that naphthalene is a toxic substance, so use it with caution.
- No cool places. Sacks, bricks, piles of branches and thickets of grass - keep it all as far away from your home and the problem of snakes will never affect you.
These natural methods will give you a feeling of relief, unfortunately, not for long. In order for these methods to have a lasting effect, they should be carried out on an ongoing basis and then the problem of snakes will never arise. Try all the methods and decide which one is perfect for you.
Now you see what can be done if snakes appear. Snakes inside the house? Try physically removing them or hire a professional.
Did they occupy your site? Follow the steps above to make the habitat of these lovers of coolness and compost heaps unbearable.
If finances allow, we recommend using a modern and silent tool: ultrasonic snake repellers.
How to get rid of snakes in a summer cottage: a means of dealing with creeping reptiles
With the advent of spring, nature wakes up, and our summer cottage comes to life. Unfortunately, not only pleasant meetings await us.
Among the various pests that can spoil your stay in the country, a special place is occupied by snakes - creatures are not only unpleasant in appearance, but sometimes poisonous, which can be dangerous to the health and life of a person or his pets.
Where do snakes come from in home gardens?
In our latitudes, the usual habitat of creeping reptiles is forests. More recently, snakes could be found very rarely in the city or residential sector. But the woodworking industry and construction are developing rapidly, so forests near human settlements are cut down. There is nothing left for the snakes to do but how to look for a convenient place for their housing.
And there are a lot of such places on the arranged site. This can be a garbage pit or a garbage pit, and even more so a compost one, where it is warm enough, humid and quiet - optimal conditions for life and breeding. Rhizomes of trees and fruit bushes will also give shelter to the snake family.
Most often in the suburban area you can find:
The first three types of snakes are not poisonous, and do not pose a serious danger to the lives of people and animals. True, this does not reduce the fear of them: there is nothing pleasant about being able to stumble upon them at any moment. But vipers are a real disaster. The bite of this snake is deadly, therefore, they should definitely be disposed of completely.
By the way, snakes can appear not only from the forest. The area in which I live is rich in forests, but we rarely saw snakes, and even that - snakes. The city’s authorities conceived the repair of roads, and material for it was imported from another region. Together with rubble, they brought us a lot of these meandering surprises. Snakes crawled around the city center, to say nothing of the private sector on the outskirts: there were few sites where a couple of families did not nest. Therefore, the question of how to get rid of snakes in a summer cottage, in a garden, in the yard and on the street became especially acute for us. I will tell you about the measures that we have taken in the fight against this living creature.
Precautions to be observed at all times
It has long been known that in fact snakes very rarely attack first. Their aggressive behavior is a protective measure in the case when the snake feels a danger to itself or its nest. True, this is not easier for us. You may simply not notice that a snake warmed up in a raspberry bush or on a bed of strawberries. Step on it or touch it with your hand - and you will surely get a couple of tangible bites. And even if the snake leaves only traces of teeth and the consequences of fright, the viper will cause you a lot of big trouble - that's why it is a viper.
Snakes love to lie in the thickets of plants. Therefore, if you suspect the presence of creeping reptiles in your garden, try walking on it in rubber boots. Take a close look at the vegetation on the beds: snakes like to lie in places well warmed by the sun and slightly obscured by plants.
If bitten by a snake
Please note: bites of non-toxic snakes can also be dangerous. Through the puncture site, the infection will easily penetrate both from the pest's mouth and from the outside. Therefore, if a snake or a snake attacked you and bit you, the wound must be disinfected, for example, with hydrogen peroxide.
To drive off a snake when you found it in the garden, you need special methods. It’s unlikely that you can simply drive her away with a stick - this will only infuriate the reptile. It is best to create noise and vibration, such as stomping feet. If the snake just basked in the sun, and in the immediate vicinity there is no nest, then it quickly retreats.
Be sure to know: first aid to the victim of a poisonous snake bite
These rules need to be learned by heart. They will be useful to you if you have just discovered these uninvited guests in your possessions, and have not yet begun to fight them.
Everyone risks being bitten by a snake, so remember what the victim needs to do:
- Drink plenty of water, it will help speed up the removal of poison from the body, and slow down its absorption. At the same time, try to move as little as possible and not panic, so as not to cause tachycardia.
- Do not drink tea or coffee: these drinks speed up blood circulation. Drinking alcohol is strictly forbidden when bitten by a poisonous snake. You can’t even treat the wound with alcohol: ethyl dilutes the blood, speeds up its run through the vessels, and the poison quickly disperses throughout the body.
- Do not overtighten the wound with a bandage: this can cause stagnation of harmful substances at the bite site, which will lead to tissue infection.
- You can immediately suck blood with poison from the wound immediately after a bite. But at the same time, it is worth remembering that any wound on the oral mucosa, and even a decayed tooth, can serve as a way for the poison to enter the body. At the same time, swallowed poison is absolutely not dangerous for the body: the mucous membrane of the stomach and esophagus is immune to this substance.
- After the poison is removed from the wound, the edges of the bites can be treated with brilliant green, iodine or alcohol. But in no case can you use oxidizing substances, for example, potassium permanganate, as well as alkalis or incandescent objects on fire.
- A bitten person needs to lie so that his head is lower in relation to the body: this way blood is easier to enter the brain.
After all preliminary measures have been taken, be sure to take the victim to the hospital, where he will be given the appropriate serum.
First aid for a snakebite
Always keep in the immediate vicinity the first-aid kit in which such products should be:
- drugs for the cardiovascular system and increase blood pressure,
Measures to combat creeping reptiles
If there are too many snakes in your area, or you are afraid to get rid of them yourself, then it is better to contact herpetologists. But if you are in the mood for a serious struggle, then our tips will be useful to you.
Careful cleaning of the entire suburban area will certainly help you get rid of snakes. Anything can be an attractive refuge for a creeping asp: fragments of boards, slate, logs, heaps of branches and garbage. All unnecessary and unused must be taken out of the site or destroyed.
Keep order in the suburban area so that snakes have nowhere to nest
Постоянно скашивайте траву в саду или на газоне. Вот такие участки под домом лучше залить бетоном. Густые высокие заросли – отличное место для змеи. Кстати, работающая газонокосилка создаёт такой шум, что змеи из-за дискомфорта будут вынуждены убраться туда, где тише и спокойнее. Therefore, the regular use of such an instrument will only benefit both the garden and you: the snake crawls away to look for a place with higher grass, in which it is easy to hide from the sun and prying eyes.
Snakes are very fond of arranging their nests in compost heaps, where optimal temperature conditions for egg laying are formed. Therefore, such places should be as far away from home as possible. The snake will protect its nesting with the offspring to the last, therefore it is better not to allow its appearance than to try to get rid of the whole family.
Note. Snakes are especially dangerous in the spring, when the period of molting and laying of eggs begins. At the end of summer - in August - snakes are activated again.
By the way, snakes are useful for a garden site. They feed on toads, small rodents and moles, which are very harmful to your beds. If you are not afraid of these amphibians, then they can become your allies (if we are talking about non-toxic snakes). But remember that snakes love strawberries and strawberries. You have to choose: either you have a rich harvest of these berries, or snails with coppers destroy other pests.
Animals guard your plot
The most important enemy of snakes is the hedgehog. Therefore, make sure that this prickly animal has settled in your area. He will save you from other pests - moles, toads, mice and rats. Few people think that hedgehogs are those predators that can exterminate those who interfere with your harvest.
A small amount of alcohol (preferably beer or wine) will make a hedgehog a real warrior. Arrange the saucers with beer in the area, and the hedgehogs "taken to the chest" in a state of intoxication will destroy everyone who makes the slightest competition on their territory. This is the so-called "Hungarian way" of fighting snakes, or "drunk hedgehog."
Hedgehogs are considered the best snake hunters
Hedgehogs can be lured with milk. But do not forget that they, like snakes, love strawberries. At least hedgehogs are much more useful.
Cats can also hunt snakes. It is believed that the cat's body can withstand snake venom. But do not forget that the mustachioed-striped love to boast of their prey. Be prepared for the cat to put the killed snake in the most prominent place.
Dogs of the Yagd Terrier breed are simply created to fight all kinds of snakes. In all other cases, it is better to put a muzzle on them: yagd terriers can be aggressive towards people.
Natural animal hair will help scare away snakes from your site. Just lay it in strands in those places where there may be nests. Over time, the snakes will leave the site.
Chemical, folk, mechanical and technical means of fighting snakes
First of all, you need to decide whether you want to push off the snakes from your site, or destroy them.
In the first case, these amphibians can easily return to you during the summer.
The second option will give a guarantee for at least one season.
- Snakes are very susceptible to odors. Try scattering dry mustard in the area (1 kilogram per 10 acres is enough). Also, several beds of garlic, broken in different sides of the site, can scare away the snake.
- If you find old snake skin, take it away from the site. During molting, the snake sheds its skin in the place where it is going to live, so it will definitely return to the old skin. But in no case do not take the cat with your bare hands, so as not to leave your smell on it.
- Try to burn the old car tire in the area: snakes cannot stand the smell of burnt rubber. As, however, ashes and scorched territories. If you practice annual burning of grass on a site in the spring, snakes will not take care of your garden.
- Mothballs, saltpeter, ammofoska, garden herbicide will discourage reptiles from the cottage. Snakes really do not like chemicals, so rags scattered in the area soaked in diesel fuel or herbicide will scare them away. You can buy in the store special toxic agents for the destruction of cold-blooded.
- Try to enclose the site with a fence with a high base, which is sprayed with chemicals.
- Hang in the garden Chinese bells, rattles and turntables, which in the wind will create noise and vibration. Snakes are very fond of peace and quiet, and can not stand the noise. Therefore, they will flee from uncomfortable conditions in search of better housing. Electric mole repellers will also help in the fight.
But the most effective way to prevent the emergence of snakes in the area is to deprive them of food. Bring out moles, mice, frogs, rats from the dacha - everything that cold-blooded people like to eat - and snakes will not find anything interesting for themselves on your territory.
How to get rid of snakes? Can snakes and vipers get along together?
I heard this expression: it’s a legless lizard. No matter what the attack, they are not able to protect themselves from man. Only crawl away. And the benefits of snakes are not so small. They destroy pests, survive from their territory poisonous snakes. Before you get rid of snakes, think, because their place can be taken by vipers.
But if you are belligerent and want to free your territory from snakes, try the following methods:
- The method is old, it was used by cowboys and Indians. Block the place where snakes can crawl with a thick rope. Snakes burn the skin trying to overcome the obstacle and do not crawl through it.
- Keep order in the territory. If you do not have suitable shelters for housing, snakes will not come to you. Remove old boards, trash, etc. They love places where it is wet and there is no sun.
- Mow the tall grass so that the snakes have nowhere to hide. The site should be as open as possible. If you and your nearest neighbors (and the neighbors are important too!) Have clean open areas, then there will be nothing to fear.
- Another option is to have a hedgehog. If possible, of course. The hedgehog is a noble predator, he will exterminate you snakes and mice at the same time.
- Buy ultrasonic repeller. Fortunately, such are issued. There is plenty to choose from. Special scarers that work against snakes and vipers can be very effective here, but they can also be used as universal ones - against rodents.
- You can install devices that make noise. Well, however, like any snake, it is afraid of noise. But this is on condition that you will not be nervous about such an environment.
- As an option, and it’s even quite good, you can install a fence with a steep foundation about 40-50 cm high. This is a fairly effective measure against all types of snakes. The snake is not able to overcome even such a small height at a steep angle (this does not apply to snakes in hot countries that easily move through trees).
- A hunting dog, such as a terrier, is also a good option. These "hunters" actively hunt snakes.
Snakes love places where there is water and secluded places so that there is where to hide. A small pond, tall grass, heaps of unnecessary debris, branches, scrap metal, are very suitable for snake living. If you need to get rid of snakes, then you need to clean up the area. Scrub your plot, clear the pond and the snake will look for other areas of residence.
How to get rid of snakes in a summer cottage, how to scare off
The invasion of creeping reptiles on the site - a real disaster for summer residents. In addition to damage to the crop (and many snakes like to enjoy the fruits of strawberries and raspberries), they can scare their appearance. In addition, in addition to harmless snakes and coppers in our latitudes, more dangerous predators, such as vipers, are also widespread. How to get rid of snakes in the garden will tell you our article.
Possible benefits and harms
Before you immediately start the negativity, you should also learn about the beneficial qualities of snakes. This snake is able to frighten not only a child with its appearance, but in fact it does not pose a danger to humans. Already able to bite, turned into a corner, but the first never attacks.
In addition, such a snake on the site can easily relieve you of other pests: insects, moles, rodents and scare away birds. A big plus: if you already settled in your garden, then you should not be afraid of the appearance of an adder and other reptiles. The invisible marks left by such an “alien” will tell others that the territory is already occupied. This is especially true for areas with a large number of vipers, here it is worth choosing the lesser of evils.
At the same time, even harmless snakes are not the best neighbors, because they can scare to death, and in case of a bite - bring an infection into the wound. In addition, if you have children, the appearance of a snake can seriously scare the baby, and many adults will not be happy with such a meeting. Despite the fact that these snakes are able to perform the function of orderlies, cleaning the area from rodents, they can also eat crops, which is unacceptable for the gardener.
Measures aimed at preventing snakes from entering the site are very simple. In their peculiarity, snakes and other snakes prefer quiet, moist and secluded places, so they need to create completely opposite conditions. To do this, it is necessary to conduct a general audit of the site, remove the remains of building materials, old trees and stumps, and drain the wetlands.
Such revisions should be permanent, otherwise a new family will willingly settle in the place of a new accumulation of garbage. It is better to keep the compost pit closed, because it is an ideal environment for laying snake eggs. It should be noted that the offspring of the snake are very anxiously guarded, so even a random approach is regarded as an attack.
That is why compost is best stored away from residential buildings, playgrounds and utility rooms. If there is a possibility that a snake dwells there, it is best to approach in rubber boots and with the appropriate “weapon” at the ready.
If you notice the remains of a snake or old skin on the site, you need to get rid of this immediately. According to signs, the snake will surely return to the place of molting, and the corpse of an ally means that the place is free, so new aliens will willingly settle it.
Maintaining cleanliness is far from everything, because snakes can live in dense thickets of raspberries or blackberries, and also make a nest of tall grass on the outskirts of the site. Regular weeding of bushes, as well as mowing grass will help solve this problem. If there are abandoned sites or forests nearby, you will have to act even more extensively.
To do this, you need to enclose your site with a high fence, in which cracks and gaps are not allowed. It is best to put a fence on a brick or stone foundation, the base of which should be at least half a meter. Regular revision, as well as treatment of the fence with chemicals - repellers will help prevent the penetration of snakes inside.
Summing up, we can distinguish the main rules of prevention:
- Avoid accumulation of garbage, clean old trees and hemp in time.
- Take care of a high airtight fence.
- Remove the compost pit away from home, make it closed.
- Regularly mow grass and cut through shrubs.
- Planting spicy and odorous herbs around the plot: garlic, mustard and mint will provide natural protection from aliens. To do this, you should understand how often you need to water the garlic.
Measures aimed at protecting against snakes, in principle, are no different from the work plan of any owner, because this is additional insulation of the premises and basic sanitary rules. In addition, such methods will keep the site well-groomed and beautiful. In addition to ennoblement of the territory, it is also necessary to take care to prevent reptiles inside residential buildings and sheds.
Unfolded rags with odorous impregnations are a good deterrent, but this option has an increased risk of fire. Spices scattered around the perimeter of buildings, as well as wind chimes, will do. It is also necessary to check the walls and foundation for cracks to prevent snakes from penetrating inside.
How to remove from the plot garden
It is quite easy to discourage snakes from the site, and modern appliances and folk remedies will come to the rescue. Snakes usually settle where they can hunt without problems, so the simultaneous struggle with rodents, toads and frogs will also be useful. Without prey, the terrain will become unattractive for snakes, so they will leave the garden on their own.
The mechanical method of exterminating a snake is usually less effective, because a venomous adder can be replaced by a harmless snake. That is why it is better to scare away reptiles, regardless of the breed, and how to do it most effectively is described below.
The best methods of fighting snakes in the area:
Get a dog - yagd terrier. These brave babies are by nature true snake hunters. Even the presence of a small protector on the site will scare away the snakes. In addition, other breeds, for example, dachshund, have similar qualities. An ordinary mongrel can also be a great snake cat, like cats. It is simply impossible to guess with the exact set of characteristics, but it is believed that if the cat is an excellent rat-catcher, then it will be easy to cope with snakes. The same means can be used to combat shrews in the garden.
Lure the hedgehog. These forest hunters can easily save you from uninvited guests, as well as bring a lot of good emotions. Buying a hedgehog is a real problem, so you can use the "grandfather" way. Disposed bowls of milk in the area will attract their smell, and the presence of snakes will be a real test for hunting instincts.
In addition, hedgehogs will willingly eat slugs, small rodents and insects, but it is worth noting that they will not leave strawberry planting alone. In addition to milk, a little beer will be an excellent delicacy for a hedgehog, it is even considered that a drunk hedgehog will even bolder and more aggressively attack. What to choose is up to you. It will also be useful to learn about what tools and animals can help in the fight against snakes in a summer cottage.
Such methods are effective for abandoned sites where the number of snakes has reached a significant mark. Conventional garden herbicides, automotive lubricants, and specialized preparations (Ammophos, Typhoon, ammonium nitrate, naphthalene, and even wood ash) are suitable as “chemistry”. You can also use chemicals that can destroy the weeds in the garden chemically.
The cost of such devices is quite affordable, and the service life is long. It is worth choosing special devices designed for exposure from moles. The fact is that snakes often build holes for themselves in which such protection will be invalid. Repellers are also effective if other preventative methods are followed.
With a strong population of the site with snakes, it is better not to risk it and turn to professionals. Calling herpetologists will not cost so much, and risking your life, when confronted is not always a harmless fauna. In addition, such events are recommended to be carried out before moving into old houses, so as to get rid of possible surprises in the cellar or summer shower.
However, for many, such a “find” will be a serious blow to the psyche, so you still have to get rid of the “neighbors”. The best option would be to provide unsuitable living conditions, but it is easy enough to drive existing aliens away. The basic methods of dealing with snakes and other snakes are described in the information in this article.
How to get rid of snakes in a summer cottage. Repeller Overview
Snakes are an extremely unpleasant neighborhood. Even in strong healthy men, creeping bastards cause a fit of terror.
Especially sharply react to their appearance, girls and young children. Of course, if you got a snake at the summer cottage, then you should think about the advisability of dealing with them, because these reptiles are very useful.
But if you firmly decided to get rid of the snakes, then there are many reliable ways to do this.
It’s easy to distinguish, on their head behind the eyes are two yellow spots.
The benefits of snakes for giving
First of all, we suggest once again thinking about whether it is worth fighting with snakes.
Of course, the neighborhood is unpleasant, but the snakes do a lot of good deeds in your garden:
- They destroy mice, rats, slugs, bugs, frogs and other pests.
- The snakes give a guarantee that other truly poisonous snakes in the country will not appear.
- They scare away birds that can bite your crop.
- Already not poisonous, especially since he can only bite if pissed off.
General cleaning of the site
They love to settle in dark, damp and quiet places, therefore, thorough cleaning of the territory is an important stage in the fight against snakes. At the same time, in order to get rid of snakes guaranteed, the cleanliness on the site should be maintained constantly, and not brought only once.
Mow grass regularly. Snakes feel very comfortable in high thickets of grass. It is also advisable to get rid of all the extra shrubs. Please note that you need to get rid of grass not only in your area, but also in the entire surrounding area. The point is to mow the thickets when there is a forest of grass in a couple of steps.
Get rid of all foreign objects and rubbish. Все тряпки, шифер, доски отнесите как можно дальше от дачного участка. Также желательно выкорчевать старые пни, выгрести всю листву и ветки. Не забудьте про неиспользуемые бочки и ящики.
Некоторые вещи нельзя разобрать или выкинуть. Например, невозможно избавиться от приусадебного сарая или фундамента дома. В таком случае нужно заделать все входы/выходы. Залить цементом, заколотить досками или просто забить подручными средствами все отверстия.
Также не забудьте про щели в дверном проеме и между окнами.
Particular attention should be paid to snake skin and the corpses of snakes. These remains attract snakes stronger than a magnet. If you do not remove them on time, then soon the whole territory will be teeming with reptiles.
After carrying out all the events, a situation may arise that the order is restored, but the snakes remain on the site. In this case, you need to ask the neighbors for help. Take a few bags (without holes) and go in a friendly team to catch snakes. The captured lump of reptiles can be released somewhere in the forest, next to the swamp.
Fence against snakes
It is likely that you will not be able to completely get rid of debris on the site and near it. Indeed, it is impossible to restore order in the neighboring cottage without the permission of the residents. And if they are categorically against the fight against snakes? Then there is nothing left but to build a reliable fence from the snakes.
Of course, a carefully closed bottom will be the most important feature of the anti-snake design. The barrier to the level of 40-50 cm can be made of bricks or boards, the main condition is the complete absence of cracks.
The fence must be checked regularly and periodically repaired in order to maintain its “tightness”.
Hedgehogs. These cute clumsy animals are actually formidable hunters. Their prey is rodents, frogs and snakes. Buying a hedgehog in a store is difficult, so you have to try to find a prickly animal. First of all, you need to lure it with sour apples, a beer or milk.
Dogs. A pet can catch all reptiles and amphibians no worse than a hedgehog family. Of course, not every pet can come up, because there are peace-loving dogs that are not able to eat a cockroach. For the role of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, hunting breeds or a yagd terrier specially developed for this task are more suitable - a small dog of a black color, something similar to a dachshund.
Cat. Representatives of the cat family can also cope with the task, but for this purpose you need a really seasoned cat. It is useless to guess with the breed, it all depends not on the exterior, but on the nature and habits of a particular cat. If your cat loves to walk, and you at least once forced him to catch mice, then safely take him to the cottage - let him hunt for snakes.
Chemicals Against Snakes
To get rid of snakes, you can not use strongly acting poisons. It must be remembered that snakes are predatory animals; they will not eat still food. Instead, it is better to use odorous substances, they will simultaneously save the surrounding ecology and scare away not only snakes, but also many other pests.
Herbicides, fertilizers and other odorous substances that do not tolerate snakes:
- Ammonium nitrate
Any of the above drugs should be scattered in small quantities near the porch, under the windows, at the entrances to the barn or in other dark and wet places.
Also process them along the entire perimeter along the fence, especially from the side of the forest or pond. You can scatter some funds along the paths and near the porch. In addition, herbicides can be scattered behind the site in places where tall grass grows.
Snake Repeller Overview
Snakes are deaf, therefore, to replenish the auditory canal of perception, they have an increased sensitivity to soil vibrations. People have been using this feature of snakes since ancient times. For example, when entering dark rooms you can tap with a stick on the floor or walls. The simplest repeller is an iron rod stuck in the ground. Fluctuations of the rod are transmitted to the soil and spread across the territory, scaring away the snakes.
A good repeller will save you not only from snakes, but also from most of the underground inhabitants: ants, moles, slugs and other pests.
A more complex repeller is a rattle. The design is simple enough to be assembled independently. Nevertheless, any artisanal repellers “protect” only small plots of land, therefore it is better to purchase modern electronic devices. Their cost is acceptable, and the result is immediately and forever.
An electronic repeller, like a rattle, is absolutely safe for humans, animals and plants.
You are unlikely to find the ideal device for scaring away snakes. When choosing, you need to consider a number of features and look for the best option for your particular site. First of all, remember that solid objects (fence, boulder, road) are insurmountable obstacles to ultrasound. Next, you need to focus on the geographical feature and area of the territory.
Overview of common snake devices