Despite the wide range of linoleum, tiles and laminate, many owners prefer to cover the floors with carpet products. They contribute to the creation of home comfort. The appearance of various contaminants can overshadow the joy of the owners from using their favorite product.
Therefore, the question: “How to remove a stain from a carpet?” Is of great interest to many. After reading the material, you will learn how to get rid of traces of coffee / tea, wax, alcohol and other contaminants. You will also learn where to start the cleaning procedure and how to dry the carpet.
How to remove a stain from a carpet - preparatory work
The duration of the procedure for removing pollution depends on the type of pollution, its scale. In order not to spread the dirt - fence off the desired area with improvised means:
- Interior items.
Ask loved ones not to interfere with the cleaning process. Traces of street dirt, wax should be pre-dried. After drying, the dirt needs to be scraped off with a knife, and the wax must be reshooted using thick white paper and an iron. Remove the remaining greasy stains on the carpet using one of the methods listed below.
Dry contaminants (for example, crumbling coffee grounds, tea brewing) must first be collected and only then proceed with cleaning. When spilling liquid, first wet this area with a clean, damp cloth or napkin.
How to remove stains on a carpet - the main part of the process
After carrying out the necessary preparations, you should proceed to the main stage. How to remove a stain from a carpet can be done in various ways. Among the most effective remedies:
- A solution of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide,
- The combination of acetic solution with soda,
- Potato starch,
- Ammonia solution,
- The combination of soda solution and mineral water,
- The combination of washing powder and vinegar,
Each of these tools allows you to effectively get rid of pollution. Let's consider in more detail how to use them.
How to remove a stain from a carpet: hydrogen peroxide, soda
How to remove a stain from a carpet using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda? Easy peasy! This is the easiest, most universal way to remove contaminants.
You will need:
- Pour 100 ml of peroxide into a spray bottle,
- Pour 2 tbsp. l baking soda
- Shake the spray gun
- Moisten the area of contamination.
Then remove contamination with a damp cloth.
Move from the edges of the pollution to the center, making arcuate movements. Then the pollution will not spread.
Repeat this process several times to achieve complete cleansing.
Acetic solution, soda: remove stubborn stains on the carpet
Complex / stubborn stains can be dealt with using acetic solution and soda in turn. This method is more time-consuming than the previous one, but allows to achieve high-quality results. You will need:
- Make a vinegar solution (1 tsp vinegar in 1 liter of water),
- To clean the pollution, moving in the same way
- Sprinkle soda on the clogged area and leave until morning.
- In the morning, vacuum the carpet thoroughly.
Greasy spots are perfectly removed in this way. Use it if you need how to remove a stain from butter, chocolate, etc.
How to remove a stain from a carpet: use starch
Another effective way to remove stains on a carpet is to peel using potato starch. You will need:
- Grind potatoes (through a meat grinder or in a blender),
- Put the potato mass in a dirty place,
- Leave the potato mass for 5 minutes,
- Remove the cloth with a rag.
To achieve maximum effect, repeat the set of actions several times, then wash the area of the carpet with cold water. This method is especially effective in removing traces of iodine.
How to remove a stain from a carpet from alcohol?
After a family celebration, alcohol pollution may remain on the carpet. To remove stains on the carpet (especially from wine) use mineral water and soda solution. You will need:
- Wash the stain with mineral water,
- Wash away drips with soda solution.
* Red wine perfectly washed white. Residues are removed with a soda solution.
Also, traces of alcohol are easily washed off with a solution of washing powder. The remaining traces of clogging, odors will disappear after processing the carpet product with acetic solution.
How to remove stain and refresh colors?
To wash the stains on the carpet and refresh the colors of the product - use a solution of ammonia. This cleaning procedure is recommended for preventive purposes twice a year. You will need:
- Pour 5 liters of water into a bucket,
- Add 3 tbsp. powder
- Pour 1 tbsp. ammonia
- Apply to the product,
- Brush the product.
How to remove a stain from a carpet: the final part
After applying measures to clean your favorite product, it will take on a fresh, updated look. But the villi of the product will remain wet. It will take some time for them to dry.
Do not dry the carpet with a hairdryer / other heating devices!
During the cleaning procedure - use a fan. In the warm season, the best solution would be to bring the carpet to the balcony and ventilate the room.
Be careful - do not lay carpet products in the kitchen, in the corridor and other places where the probability of clogging is higher. Vacuum more often, ventilate the room. Then your favorite product will delight you for a long time.
1 How to remove coffee stains from a carpet
Coffee from pile should be removed first of all, since over time they are absorbed into the fibers of the textile and become practically non-excreted. If coffee was accidentally spilled on the floor, the following steps can be taken immediately.
- Take the dishwashing detergent and apply with a sponge to the area that has been contaminated. After 15 minutes, wash this place with warm water and a sponge. After drying, there will be no trace left, though this method works only for fresh coffee marks.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself
Old coffee blots are more difficult to remove. This may require several cleaning procedures.
Attention! Especially dangerous is coffee for light, long-hair rugs. It is necessary to act immediately. On such coatings, the action time of the used agents increases, since the active components penetrate deeper into the fibers longer.
How to start cleaning the carpet from stains
- If the stain has dried, carefully, without much effort, scrape off the formed lumps, adhering dust and dirt from its surface with a blunt knife.
- If the stain is wet, remove excess liquid with a well-absorbing cloth or paper towel. IMPORTANT!It is necessary to process the stain from the edges to the middle. This will not let the creep stain.
- If you use a special stain remover to remove dirt, before applying it to the carpet, check to see if it spoils it. To do this, apply the product on an invisible small area of the carpet, after a few minutes (2-3), wipe this area with a white dry cloth. There should be no stains on the fabric, otherwise, there is a chance that the carpet will be damaged by the solution, for example, colors will float.
Preparations before staining the carpet
At the time of cleaning, a synthetic or wool carpet, most likely, already manages to get saturated with dust and dry well. In this regard, preparation for cleaning is carried out in the following sequence:
- Removing dried parts. To do this, it is enough to take something solid, pointed (like a blunt knife). Carefully examining the carpet, it is necessary to scrape off the dried up lumps, adhering dirt and dust mills with the selected tool.
- Drying out. If the pollution is fresh and the moisture has not yet been absorbed, the consequences can be minimized as much as possible. This can be done with a fresh stain of wine on the carpet, spilled juice or other liquid pollutant. It is enough to take a napkin from a soft, well-absorbing cloth and dab the spilled liquid. The main thing is that the movements should be directed from the edge of the spot to its middle, so as not to creep away.
- Reagent Testing. Their effect on the material must be checked. It is very simple to do this: choose a place on the carpet that will not catch your eye in case of damage, and then apply a stain remover. You can check the result after 2-3 minutes by wiping with a white dry cloth. If there are no traces of paint on the rags, and the carpet pattern does not change, then you can use the selected reagent.
- Drying, i.e. the method of drying the carpet. If you need to quickly dry a wet place after cleaning, you can put a fan next to it and turn it on. Never use a hairdryer. The fibers of the carpet stick together, while they will look untidy. When preparing for the procedure, simply find the fan and leave it ready.
How to remove stain from carpet at home
At home, the substances available in each house will help to remove stains on the carpet. Usually they are cooking ingredients:
- Soda. This ingredient is in any kitchen. It is used infrequently in cooking, but with its help you can quickly get rid of your favorite carpet stains. Its advantage can be called cleansing not only from dirt, but also from unpleasant odors. Sprinkle baking soda on the entire surface of the oily stain. Let her lie down for about half an hour. Then turn on the vacuum cleaner and collect the powder. The stain will disappear with soda. This option is suitable for cleaning all carpets (except white carpet). If the white surface is damaged, then the soda can be replaced with salt, slices of raw potatoes or ordinary food starch. Loose materials are more suitable for lint-free carpets.
- Soda + hydrogen peroxide = clean carpets. Both ingredients are excellent cleaners on their own. By combining these products in one bottle, you can remove the stain from the carpet even faster. It is only necessary to mix 2 tablespoons and half a glass of peroxide, pour into a spray bottle and spray on a stain. Wipe a damp surface with a microfiber cloth.
- Cabbage. This method is not only environmentally friendly, but also much more effective than many chemical industry products. It is only used exclusively on fresh spots, because it cannot cope with the old ones. On a dirty surface, put a little sauerkraut (without the use of vinegar) of cabbage, after squeezing the brine and rinsing in clean water to remove the aroma. Take a brush and clean the contaminated area by rubbing cabbage into a cloth. Cut leaves will gradually change color, absorbing pollution. It is necessary to clean until complete disappearance, washing the cabbage from time to time.
- We remove soda iodine. The stain from iodine on the carpet is an incredible failure for the majority, because removing it seems an unrealistic task. In reality, the means to save the carpet is simple: the same soda with vinegar. It is enough to pour an even layer of soda, sprinkle with the usual kitchen 9% vinegar solution and leave for 10-12 hours, and then rinse with a clean cloth and soap solution. This method eliminates stains even long pile carpets, which are difficult to clean. Another option is regular potatoes. Cut the vegetable. Put a fresh cut on the dirt and hold it for a while. Throw the colored piece away, and apply a new one in its place until the iodine stain on the carpet is completely removed. Potato slices can be replaced with regular starch.
- The need to remove coffee stains from carpets is familiar to almost everyone. The procedure is also not complicated and requires only care. In 1 liter of water, dissolve 1 tablespoon of pharmacy glycerin, funds for softening the skin on the soles. Dip a clean soft cloth in the solution and carefully treat the stain. Dip a damp, clean surface with a clean, dry cloth and let the carpet dry.
There are other methods for cleaning carpets. Most of them are so simple that they sometimes seem absurd. For example, cleaning red wine stains with wine. Tautology and absurdity? Wrong. The stains of red wine are actually excellently washed with white wine. It is enough to moisten a soft cloth and carry out cleaning with movements directed to the middle of the spot.
Be careful! A light, white or beige carpet is subject to the influence of some ingredients, respectively, may not be cleaned, but absorb additional contaminants. In this regard, use only proven products, and do not leave the spots wet: the dust, getting on the material, will color it. Then again spots will become visible, only in the form of stains.
An artificial carpet made of synthetic materials can be more difficult to clean from some types of dirt. If this happens, contact a specialist for help.
2 How to remove wine stains from the carpet
Wine drops are especially difficult to remove from light surfaces. Over time, they darken and then it is difficult to cope with them. Possible ways to deal with such pollution are described below.
- A quick-release liquid or gel stain remover should be applied with a brush to the desired area.
- Soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
Attention! If you use the product on a white surface, you can choose options with the presence of whitening components. Such remedies are more effective because they discolor the natural pigment contained in wine.
3 How to remove greasy stains from the carpet at home
Oil and grease can permanently ruin the coating if not promptly removed. Over time, fat enters the fibers, and it becomes very difficult to wash it. There are several ways that will help you easily remove traces of oil and grease from the palace of any color of ionium described below.
If the fat has just dripped onto the carpeted surface, you can easily handle the dry method. School chalk copes well with fat. Here is what you can do.
- Grind it or simply grind it into powder.
- Sprinkle, rub and leave for 10 minutes.
- Vacuum the surface.
Chalk absorbs fat and neutralizes it, penetrating deep into the pile.
Chalk can be replaced with potato starch. In this case, proceed according to the following plan.
- Wipe fat with potato starch using a stiff brush.
- To sustain 10-15 minutes.
- Once again, clean and sweep or remove any powder residue with a vacuum cleaner.
Important! In no case should starch be strewed onto a damp area or washed off with water. In this case, white stains remain.
Mustard powder or ready-made table mustard is a powerful natural product against oil stains. Moreover, it is an absolutely environmentally friendly product that does not affect health. How to use the powder - further instructions.
- Pour a small amount onto the treated area.
- To sustain not less than half an hour.
- Wash off with a damp cloth or just vacuum. If the dry method is chosen, then the procedure may need to be repeated.
Useful advice: if there is no mustard powder in the house, look also in the first-aid kit. Almost every house has paper mustard, and one treatment package will be enough to eliminate the greasy trace.
Soda, like the other powders listed above, is suitable for dry cleaning. It is applied for a while, and then cleaned with a brush or vacuum cleaner. But you can use it in another way.
- Dilute soda with boiling water to a thick slurry.
- Rub with a sponge into the trail and rinse with warm water.
Attention! Soda leaves whitish marks even if you wash it off thoroughly. To prevent this from happening in the water for washing, you can add a small amount of vinegar to neutralize the alkali.
4 How to remove food stains from the carpet
The kitchen is a place where the risk of pollution is always increased. That is why many refuse rugs and tracks in favor of coatings of a different type, more practical and easy to care for. But if the rug in the kitchen has already become contaminated with splashes of food, you can take as a basis such methods for its restoration.
- Raw potato juice displays tomato.
- Vinegar eliminates traces of berries.
- Soda can rub fresh drops from cereals and soups, and then rinse with a brush.
- Fine salt will cope with any fatty sauces.
- Ammonia will eliminate dried food that has eaten into the pile.
Important! Before washing, it is necessary to remove residues with napkins and brush them as much as possible. Only after these steps will the cleaning by any means be as effective as possible.
5 How to remove watercolor stains from a carpet
In the children's room, rugs are often covered with marks of the most diverse nature. If children like to draw, then watercolor blots on the surface can not be avoided. Despite the fact that it is a water-soluble paint, it is no less difficult to remove it than other types of coloring compounds. But there are chances to return to the previous purity, if we adopt such cleaning methods.
Peroxide just needs to be poured onto a pile stained with paints. It copes with any kind of pollution, effectively whitens and breaks down artificial and natural pigments. In addition to watercolor, it is suitable for removing these types of artistic paints:
- finger paints (water based),
- neon acrylic paints,
Peroxide well cleans water markers and felt-tip pens, does not damage the pile and is minimally toxic. Использование этой жидкости точно не навредит детям.
Important! Peroxide can bring out not only art paints, but also the pigments of their textiles. Need to test in an inconspicuous area.
Another safe way for a child’s room to deal with blots of paint is watercolors and gouache. It can be used like this.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon.
- Pour onto watercolor
- Scrub with a brush, moistening it in warm water.
You can squeeze a lemon into the water to wash and soak clothes or other things stained with paint.
Instead of lemon, in case of serious pollution it is advisable to use citric acid. It must be diluted with warm water in a ratio of 5 grams per 50 ml. After that, it is convenient to use it in a spray gun for processing spots smeared with paint. After processing, wipe with a damp cloth or brush off the remaining acid.
Important! When working with acids, always protect your hands from chemical burns with tight rubber gloves. After the procedure, it is recommended to ventilate the room so that the fumes do not harm the health of the respiratory tract.
6 How to remove footprints from the carpet
Most noticeable marsh prints of the sole on surfaces of light shades. If suddenly someone stepped on a clean palace and there was a visible fingerprint, it can be removed in 15-20 minutes by the following means.
- A solution of laundry soap - liquid or bar. Rinse with a sponge.
- Gruel from washing powder and water - for dried dirt.
- A solution of whiteness in water in a ratio of 1:10 can be used on white surfaces where dirt from shoes is most noticeable.
Attention! Dry shoe traces should be pre-cleaned with a dry, stiff brush. Most of the dirt will be wiped out and it will be easier to wash off the residue.
7 Zelenka and iodine
The most difficult thing is the removal of dried greens and iodine. These are very powerful dyes that cannot be dealt with by traditional methods. But if it happened to shed these pharmacy drugs on woven things, they can not be considered hopelessly spoiled. You can restore the cleanliness of the product using the following tools.
- Alcoholic solution of salicylic acid - you need to fill in the blot and wait until it becomes lighter.
- Nail polish remover or refined acetone. Use for grouting fresh marks.
- Peroxide milk - grind on the surface with a rough brush and let stand. Lactic acid dissolves the brilliant green pigment.
- Vodka, cognac or other alcohol-containing (not less than 40%) drink will also remove brilliant green with iodine.
- Cologne or other cosmetic liquids containing alcohol are no less effective.
If you still have blots after cleaning, you can try to wipe them again or use several tools in a complex.
Above are many proven and popular pollution tricks. But it is important to remember that they should be selected according to the type of textile and always take into account the peculiarities of caring for it.
Get rid of iodine stains on the carpet
- Put to use raw potatoes or potato starch. We cut the potatoes in half or prepare gruel from it and apply it to the contaminated place. Leave for 5-7 minutes. Do not panic if the stain darkens at this time, this is only the result of the interaction of iodine and starch. After 5-7 minutes, remove the slurry with cold water and repeat the procedure until the stain is completely removed.
- We use soda and vinegar. Sprinkle soda on the iodine stain, sprinkle with vinegar and leave for at least 12 hours, best of all for the night. Then wash the stain and let dry.
- Cooking a solution of glasses of water and 1 teaspoon of ammonia. We wipe the stain with the resulting product, leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse with a sponge dipped in soapy water.
Print wine stains
- One way is to not believe White wine. Dampen a cloth with a drink and gently wipe the stain, preventing it from creeping out. Wait a few minutes for the reaction to pass, and then blot the stain with a clean towel dampened in soapy water.
- If there is no white wine at hand, maybe there is mineral water? Do not be surprised, its chemical composition will prevent the absorption of wine into the fibers of the carpet. Moisten a soda stain, then rinse with a stain remover solution.
- One option is the good old hydrogen peroxide solution. You already know what to do with it? ,)
- coffee can remove through a solution of 1 tablespoon of glycerin per 1 liter of water,
- stains from alcoholic beverages: beer, vodka, liquor - can be removed with a simple solution of warm water and washing powder, after which the contaminated surface must be treated with at least a simple solution of 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 1 liter of water.
If you increasingly find yourself thinking that you feel tired, but do not manage to do anything, then it is time to change your life. In the West, women cleverly and effortlessly cope with household chores. How do they do it?
How to turn cleaning into a relaxed pastime? A few secrets on how to deal with household chores quickly, efficiently and painlessly.
How to correctly make purchases so that all products are used in a timely manner, and the refrigerator is never empty? Following one simple rule, you will never be hungry and at the same time save the budget.
Mopping is a tedious task. But there are some rules that can reduce physical activity during such a difficult process and save time.
© 2013 Time for Woman. Portal for successful women. All about personal growth, career, creating harmonious relationships, vibrant cuisine, image and style. Photo and video tutorials. Interview. Photo. Wise thoughts | The use of Time for Woman materials is permitted only if there is an active link to the source.