CHICKEN 65 (the dish is quite spicy, so it’s easier with seasonings in the recipe) 😊
Chicken 65 is a popular Indian snack native to Chennai (Madras). There are several theories of the origin of this dish and its name. Some argue that this dish appeared in 1965 in one of the famous Chennai hotels. The hotel also offers Chicken 78, Chicken 82 and Chicken 90. Others believe that this dish appeared as a simple soldier dish in the Indian Army in 1965. Also, there are more funny versions of the origin of the name of the dish. For example, the version that chicken needs to be pickled for 65 days.
- 250g boneless chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
- deep frying oil
- ½ cup natural yogurt
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder
- a big pinch of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste (you can skip fresh garlic and ginger through a garlic press, or grate it on a fine grater)
- ½ tbsp. tablespoons of lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tbsp. tablespoons of cornmeal
- ½ tbsp. spoons of rice flour
- ½ tbsp. tablespoons of oil
- curry leaves (if any)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chop finely
- 2 cm finely chopped Ginger
- 4-5 (!) Green chilli, cut into large slices (can be halved, remove the seeds)
1) Marinate chicken for an hour (marinade item).
2) In a bowl, mix yogurt, salt to taste, turmeric, chili powder and coriander powder. Leave for a while.
3) When the chicken is ready, add the egg, cornmeal, rice flour and mix by hand. Add a tablespoon of water, if necessary.
4) Heat oil for deep frying. When the oil is warm, add a few pieces of chicken (do not pile the pan, leave a space between the pieces) and cook over medium heat. When the chicken is almost ready, add gas and fry the pieces until golden brown. Pull out the chicken and put it on paper so that the oil is absorbed. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining pieces of chicken.
5) Ingredients of the last stage: heat the pan, add Art. a spoonful of oil. Add garlic and ginger, sauté for a few seconds. Add curry leaves and green chili. Fry for a few seconds. Add the finished chicken, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
6) Add the yogurt mixture and cook over medium heat, mixing the ingredients well. Cook, stirring, until the yogurt evaporates (until the chicken absorbs the yogurt mixture). Serve the dish hot, garnished with coriander leaves, with onions and lemon.
#india # india # Chicken_65
This article was automatically added from the Indian Cuisine Community: Eastern Indian Recipes