Chocolate iris is a delicious treat - thick, sweet and tender. This dessert is prepared by heating milk, butter and sugar together. There are many different recipes for this delicious treat in the world, and anyone can find iris to their liking. In many countries, iris is cooked as a traditional Christmas treat. If you find yourself on Christmas night in New Jersey, be sure to enjoy the famous iris there. But real sweet tooth can not be content with iris only on holidays, they want to always have this chocolate treat at hand. If you learn how to cook iris with your own hands, you will save money, and you can also create a unique dessert to your individual taste. If you are already anxious to learn how to cook this sweet treat, you can start with the first step.
Chocolate iris plain
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 350 grams of chocolate broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanillin
- 160 grams of powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt
Creamy Chocolate Iris
- 1 can of concentrated milk
- 750 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of mini marshmallows
- 340 grams of milk chocolate or drops
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- 220 grams of oil
- 1 teaspoon vanillin
Chocolate iris without milk
- 320 grams of edible coconut oil
- 50 grams of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 170 grams of honey
- 1 pinch of sea salt
The benefits of toffee
- The composition of sweets includes components that are necessary for the body. Natural oil, as one of the main ingredients, helps the formation of new cells. It also contributes to energy production, which makes you feel more energetic and more fun.
- Condensed milk is useful for its easy digestion, as well as the presence of a large amount of fats and amino acids, which make a person feel much better.
- Nuts are added to some toffee. They positively affect mental activity and the body as a whole, saturating it with useful substances. Such toffee is especially useful when constantly working with papers or a computer.
Disadvantages of butterscotch
- With the heavy use of sweets, sugar, which is part of them, gives energy to the body. However, it also has a detrimental effect on body cells, forming fat and disrupting normal metabolism.
- With the current lifestyle, when many people accumulate more calories than they spend, you should exercise. Such a move will allow you to eat enough sweets without the risk of getting fat.
- butter - 110 gr.
- granulated sugar - 540 gr.
- milk from 2.5% - 270 ml.
- vanillin - 2 gr.
- Combine the milk product and sugar in a suitable container. Put on the burner, languish at minimum power.
- Constantly stirring the mixture, bring the mixture to a brownish tint. Take a little paste, drip in cold water: if it hardens, the iris can be considered ready.
- Remove from heat, mix with butter and vanilla. Level the composition while hot by pouring it onto a flat dish moistened with water. Wait for the mass to cool, cut with any molds.
Sour cream based toffee
- sour cream (20%) - 220 gr.
- vanillin - 4 gr.
- icing sugar - 35 gr.
- sugar - 110 gr.
- Mix all the ingredients in a heat-resistant container, put the mass on the burner at minimum power.
- Stir, waiting for the composition to thicken. Do not lose sight of the mass so that it does not burn.
- Once the mixture is viscous, move it into a plastic container. Wait for cooling.
- Sprinkle iris with icing sugar. Place the cooled mass on it, cut it into figures convenient for you, roll in powder.
- whole milk - 120 ml.
- butter - 30 gr.
- icing sugar - 90 gr.
- liquid honey - 40 gr.
- Melt the butter in a small enamel pan. Gradually add icing sugar, honey, milk.
- Simmer the mass over low heat for half an hour, without ceasing to stir. Bring the mixture to a brownish color. Do not forget to pay attention to the fact that the paste does not pester or burn.
- To prepare the mixture, pour it into silicone molds. When the mass has cooled, it is ready for use.
Toffee with almonds
- filtered water - 50 ml.
- cane sugar - 265 gr.
- almonds - 450 gr.
- vanilla essence - 10 ml.
- butter - 120 gr.
- dark chocolate - 200 gr.
- baking soda - 4 gr.
- corn syrup - 30 ml.
- Place the almonds on a baking sheet, bake for about 5-8 minutes at 170 degrees. When the nuts turn a bronze color and flavor, turn off the oven.
- After cooling, chop the almonds, moisten the baking sheet with oil and sprinkle with 200 g. walnut. Put aside.
- In a small enameled container, mix water, sugar, butter and syrup. Bring on low heat until the first bubbles appear.
- In a separate container, combine vanilla essence and soda. Add to the previous mass, knead until smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet, sprinkle with grated chocolate. When fully softened, smear it evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the delicacy with the remnants of almonds, wait for cooling. Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours to fully cook.
Chocolate-based coffee toffee
- creamy iris - 130 gr.
- filtered water - 35 ml.
- dark chocolate - 65 gr.
- butter - 25 gr.
- instant coffee - 20 gr.
- Melt chopped iris in a microwave at medium temperature. Stop the process periodically to see if the mass is burning.
- Add coffee, butter, water to melted sweets. Rinse the mixture in a water bath for about 6 minutes. After preparing the mass, pre-lubricate the molds with oil, pour the mixture into them.
- Send the product to the freezer for 20 minutes. Melt the chocolate with steam. Remove the finished toffee from the molds, dip each candy in melted chocolate. Spread the treat on the cling film and refrigerate until completely frozen.
- condensed milk - 320 gr.
- premium flour - 45 gr.
- butter - 110 gr.
- whole milk - 210 ml.
- Pour the flour into the pan, achieve a golden hue over medium heat. Then add the condensed milk, mix the ingredients, wait about 8 minutes.
- Pour warm milk into the condensed milk, stirring occasionally, bring the mass to homogeneity. Wait for the appearance of amber color and ductility.
- Place the finished paste in a flat dish moistened with water, make a flat plate and chop into cubes. Refrigerate for an hour.
- salted crackers - 80 gr.
- butter - 120 gr.
- cane sugar - 250 gr.
- dark chocolate - 100 gr.
- Place baking foil on a baking sheet, put cookies on it. Combine butter and sugar in a small enameled pan.
- Put the container on a small fire, melt the contents until smooth. After boiling the mixture, pour it evenly on crackers.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at an oven temperature of about 80 degrees. Remove the pan and sprinkle the caramel with chocolate chips. Stew in the oven for another 3 minutes.
- Make sure that the chocolate spreads evenly, after which take out a treat. Let cool, refrigerate for 50 minutes.
Toffee with corn syrup
- corn syrup - 15 ml.
- granulated sugar - 270 gr.
- butter - 240 gr.
- edible salt - 1 gr.
- almonds - 100 gr.
- Add all the ingredients to the enameled pan, simmer for 6 minutes, then pour the chopped roasted almonds.
- Boil the mixture until it darkens. Next, distribute the composition in silicone molds, send to the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- dark chocolate - 130 gr.
- cream of maximum fat content - 160 ml.
- liquid honey - 60 gr.
- sugar - 30 gr.
- Melt the chocolate. Separately mix honey, cream, sugar until smooth and add everything to the general container.
- Stew the composition at minimum burner power. Stir constantly for 15 minutes.
- Pour the paste on parchment paper, divide the layer into cubes. Wait until it cools completely.
Toffee with lemon
- filtered water - 130 ml.
- granulated sugar - 450 gr.
- instant gelatin - 110 gr.
- lemon juice - 45 ml.
- Bring the water to a boil, add sugar, achieve a homogeneous composition. Add pre-dissolved and swollen gelatin, cook another 8 minutes.
- Then pour in the lemon juice to the total mass. Spread the composition on the tins. Refrigerate for 1.5 hours until fully frozen.
Choice of butterscotch
- When buying sweets in a store, pay attention to the back of the package. Make sure that sweets do not contain vegetable fats or substitutes.
- When choosing toffee, look at the composition, it should contain only natural ingredients: honey or molasses, granulated sugar, whole and condensed milk.
- When opening the candy, make sure that the candy wrapper does not stick to the candy. Otherwise, storage conditions for treats are violated.
- If, when chewing, the candy adheres strongly to the teeth, this feature indicates its low quality. Butterscotch should be a pale brown.
- In the absence of various food additives, dyes and preservatives, the shelf life of toffee is up to 7 months.
- When cooking pasta for toffee, do not forget to constantly stir it. This is done so that the thick mixture does not stick to the walls of enameled dishes. In the event that such a situation occurs, the composition will burn, the taste of butterscotch will be spoiled forever. Perform manipulations strictly on minimum fire.
- After preparing the mass, refuse to cut it on a wooden board. Thus, you will save yourself from the extra work of scraping the composition from the surface. Slice toffee on glass, stone or metal.
- When making treats, the fantasy on the proposed recipes does not end there. At your discretion, you can add various ingredients, even with a piece of pungency (chili pepper) for gourmets.
A favorite children's treat is easy to cook at home. The main difference is that you yourself can experiment with the ingredients. Browse the most popular butterscotch recipes with honey, sour cream, almonds, chocolate and other additives.
Video: how to cook iris
Currently in stores you can find a wide variety of candies , for every taste and color, handmade or industrial, chocolate or caramel ... you can list endlessly.
I have already brought to your attention some recipes for making sweets with your own hands, and today, on the eve of the wonderful and most beloved holiday of all children and adults - New Year, we offer you recipes for making another treat, which is ideal for a festive table or for friends gatherings - chocolate iris .
Cook iris it’s not difficult, and the result will exceed all your expectations - it’s not only tasty, but also healthy.
Recipe number 1. Almost classic chocolate iris.
- 100 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of honey
- 75 grams of butter,
- 50 ml of fat cream, not less than 20%,
- bar of black chocolate.
- Put butter, sugar, honey and cream in an enameled saucepan.
- Boil the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly. You should carefully monitor the color change.
- Melt chocolate in a water bath separately.
- When the mixture in the saucepan becomes pleasantly brown and begins to thicken, and a pleasant sweet caramel smell spreads in the kitchen, it is worth adding melted chocolate to it.
- Mix the mixture well and boil for another 5-10 minutes on fire.
- Then pour the warm iris into molds.
- For this purpose, molds for ice are quite suitable. Or you can pour iris in one thick layer.
- Put in the cold, and then chop the sweets of your own volition.
Remember: for the taste of iris to be aromatic and rich, it is best to take good quality chocolate.
Recipe number 2. Chocolate iris with nuts.
For this iris, any nuts are suitable. You can also take a nut mix and add dried fruits and dried berries.
- 1 can of condensed milk,
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (at least 85% cocoa content),
- 100 grams of nuts.
- Big nuts are best cut.
- Pour the condensed milk into a saucepan and add the broken chocolate there.
- Stir constantly, melt the chocolate completely.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes until thickened, stirring gently so as not to burn.
- Then add nuts and mix well.
- Ready mixture, as soon as it cools down, put on parchment and straighten it evenly.
- Then move the iris in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, and then cut into portions.
- You need to store such an iris in a refrigerator in a closed container.
Recipe number 3. Iris made of white chocolate with cranberries.
- 2 bars of white chocolate,
- 100 ml of fatty 35% cream,
- 1 lemon
- 150 grams of dried cranberries,
- 1 sachet of vanillin
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Melt white chocolate in a water bath. This is best done in parts.
- First melt 1 bar of chocolate, as soon as the wounds melt completely without lumps, add a second until the mass becomes liquid.
- Soak dried cranberries in hot water and leave to swell.
- Now you should boil the cream.
- When bubbles appear on the surface, remove from heat and add melted chocolate. In this case, the mixture should be mixed very well.
- Then squeeze the juice of one lemon there, add vanillin and salt and mix everything again.
- Add cranberries.
- Put the mass on parchment paper, flatten and put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Then cut the mixture into portions.
Calorie content: Not specified
Time for preparing: Not specified
Although all the doctors say in chorus about the dangers of everything sweet, you can’t live without sweets! Eliminate sugar completely from your diet for several days, and you will immediately notice a deterioration in well-being, or rather, dizziness. You need to eat the right sweets, giving preference to homemade creations, such as homemade chocolate toffee toffee, the recipe for which is offered to your attention today. Interesting? Then we read and run to the kitchen to prepare sweet for tea. But, be careful, sweets should also be in moderation!
- condensed milk - 1 can,
- butter - 1 tbsp. spoon (with a slide),
- cocoa powder (good quality) - 3-4 tbsp. spoons
- corn flakes, coconut, powdered sugar, etc. for boning butterscotch.
Recipe with photo step by step:
Prepare the ingredients. The set is very simple and most often all of these ingredients are in your home.
Pour condensed milk into a non-stick container. It is better to use condensed milk, as it has milk powder that will help thicken the toffee mass.
Then add butter (good quality) and cocoa. Choose a proven cocoa so that then nothing crunches on your teeth.
Stir the mass and put on medium heat.
With constant stirring, bring the mass to a boil. The mixture will darken and become very beautiful.
Cook the chocolate mass for 8 to 10 minutes over low heat until thickened.
Remove the container from the fire and pour the thick viscous mass onto a flat plate, leave to cool. The mixture should cool so that it does not burn hands.
Form small lumps with your hands, after wetting your fingers in cold water, otherwise the mass will stick to your hands. Roll it in any sprinkle of your choice, in our case it is chopped corn flakes and coconut flakes. Then flatten the lump a little. Garnish toffee with any pastry topping.
Put toffee on a plate and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes to freeze. Serve chocolate homemade toffee toffee with
In a pan, combine milk, sugar, and mini marshmallows. Your best bet is to take a pan with a thick bottom. Use the whisk to mix the ingredients and you should have a thick, creamy texture. If you have a special kitchen thermometer, you can monitor when the mixture heats up to the right temperature.
Heat the mixture over low heat until it reaches 115 ° C. Stir the mixture constantly while it is on fire. When your mixture heats up, you must stir it continuously.
Prepare a mold for your mixture. While the mixture is cooking, prepare the tin pan. It is even better if you prepare the form in advance, so that you will not be distracted by it during the preparation of your chocolate dessert. For this you need:
- Take a shape measuring 23 x 33 centimeters and cover it with cling film.
- Grease it with oil.
Take a bowl and put vanilla, butter and chocolate in it. The bowl should be metal and large enough to fit all the ingredients and leave room for mixing.
Pour the mixture that you heated on the stove into the chocolate-butter mixture. When your mixture of sugar, milk and marshmallows is heated to the desired temperature, pour it into a bowl of chocolate mixture.
Combine the ingredients. You need a mechanical or electric mixer to mix all the ingredients well and get a uniform substance. Beat the mixture at a slow speed until you are sure that the chocolate has completely dissolved. You should get a homogeneous mixture in which there are no lumps left.
- If you want to make your iris more sophisticated and add additional ingredients to it, such as walnuts or pieces of white chocolate, now is the time to do it.
Pour the mixture into a mold. Gently tilt the bowl over the mold and allow the mixture to move into it. When you pour the mixture into a mold, gently tilt the bowl to overfill the entire mixture. Наклоняя форму вверх и вниз, вы добьетесь, что ваша шоколадно-сливочная масса равномерно распределится в форме.
Оставьте ирис охлаждаться в холодильнике, по меньшей мере, на час. Для того, чтобы ваш ирис застыл, понадобится не меньше часа. Of course, it would be best to leave the iris to cool for the night, but you can hardly resist the temptation to try the resulting delicacy as soon as possible.
All is ready! Just cut your chocolate creamy iris into 2.5 centimeter pieces and you can eat it. You can put the resulting iris on a beautiful serving dish to impress the guests, or eat iris directly from the mold, if you cannot resist the temptation to immediately enjoy this wonderful dessert. This recipe allows you to cook more than a hundred slices of iris, so that it is quite enough for you and your many friends, colleagues and relatives.
The stores now have a huge selection of sweets, but many are nostalgic for sweets that were sold in Soviet times. Yes, and an impressive list of E-supplements is alarming, so some mothers try to make sweets at home to indulge babies with healthy sweets, rather than products from chemical laboratories. The favorite dessert of the Soviet era - toffee sweets - got a different taste, and sometimes you really want to treat children with real toffee according to the classic recipe. In fact, toffee is not as difficult to cook as it seems, and sweet-tooth households will appreciate the results of your culinary experiments. So, let's try to make homemade toffee sweets according to different recipes - it's so delicious!
The subtleties of making toffee sweets
Now you know how to make toffee sweets - as you can see, this is not at all difficult. When the classic iris palls, you can come up with your own candy options. Try adding fried seeds and nuts, dried apricots and prunes, poppy seeds, coconut flakes or sweet spices - cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg to the iris. Toffee can be made useful sweets if you cook them on honey or cane sugar, adding a minimum of oil. If you come up with your own recipe for this dessert - send it to the website "Eat at Home!". Let our life be even tastier! Such a dessert will come in handy for anyone, even a festive tea party. And with tea from the company such a holiday will be remembered even more by your guests. Loose tea has a delicate excellent taste and fresh aroma, it gives strength and gives an excellent mood! Teas do not contain artificial flavors or additives. Enjoy your tea party!