Thanks to the advent of “smart” TVs, it becomes possible to use Smart TV not only to watch programs. The device allows you to install applications for various purposes. There are situations when installed programs do not work correctly or give an error at all. In this case, resetting to the original (factory) settings will help. Let's consider how to reboot Samsung Smart TV of different series independently.
Cause of software failure
There can be several reasons for a software failure. The most popular are:
- Carrying out technical work on the server of the manufacturer. Debugged work is observed by turning on the device after work.
- Lack of internet connection or low data reception speed. To fix this, you need to check the network settings and manually enter the values of the DNS server.
- Outdated firmware version. It is necessary to download the new version firmware for the specific TV model from the Internet. If you install the firmware for another series, you can harm Smart TV.
- Incorrect installation and operation of applications. To fix it, you will need to update or reinstall the program.
- Out of memory.
- Cache congestion in the browser itself (memory should be cleaned periodically).
- Old software version.
The above problems are only part of the causes of a software failure. If it is necessary to correct incorrect operation, it is not always possible to do it yourself. If you can’t fix the situation, the easiest solution will be to reset the TV to its original (factory) settings.
What will happen to the TV after resetting
After using the operation to reset the settings to the factory settings, all independently installed applications and widgets, the settings of the system and the TV itself will disappear. The parameters of the TV will be the same as after the purchase of equipment from the store. After resetting all the settings, the causes of the software failure will also disappear (if the problem was in them, and not in the hardware).
A common problem with the occurrence of failures is the lack of knowledge of what actions were performed previously. An example is the activity of a child who could “kick off” in the menu sections and change existing settings. In most of these cases, a reset will be the only way to return to the normal functioning of the device.
Reset instructions for various series
The procedure for restarting Smart TV depends on the manufacturer's series. Most often, the difference in each series is in the remote control, namely in the way to go to the TV menu. Next, we consider the instructions for each series separately.
To reset the parameters of the Samsung TV series D, you must perform the following procedure:
- Locate the Exit button on the remote control. Press it and hold for 10 seconds. As a result, the TV section opens with the window of the following message: "Restore default values for all settings."
- As an agreement, you must click the OK button.
In this model, rebooting Smart TV is easy. However, in other Samsung models, the agreement button will be inactive. Therefore, this method will be inoperative. How to perform a system update in other models will be discussed below.
If you are the owner of a Samsung TV series K, to reset to factory settings you will need to perform the following steps.
- Locate the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- Go to the support section.
- Next, you need to select the self-test item.
- In the diagnostic menu, find "Reset."
- The system will require a PIN code. The default value is “0000” (in case of a preliminary change in the default value, enter your code).
- The last step is to confirm the reset of all settings.
After the algorithm is completed, the TV will reboot with the new settings. All previously installed applications will be deleted.
This Samsung model has a similar algorithm to the previous series in question. The difference is in the way to go to the TV menu. The procedure looks like this:
- Use the remote control to go to the TV menu (use the "Menu", "Menu123" buttons for this).
- Find the support section and go to it.
- Next, you will need to go into self-diagnosis and find the "Reset" item.
- You will need to enter the default code (digits “0000”) and confirm the action. If you previously changed the value of the code, you must enter a new number.
After carrying out the steps of the above algorithm, the TV will return to the default settings.
For Smart Samsung H-Series, do the following:
- Go to the TV menu using the “Menu” or “Keypad” button.
- Go to Support / Self Diagnostics / Reset.
- Entering the PIN code in the window and pressing confirmation will return Smart to the factory settings.
- To go to the smart menu, press the "Menu" or "More" button.
- Then follow the same steps as in the previous descriptions, namely: Support / Self-diagnosis / Reset.
- After entering the PIN code, the system will require you to press the confirmation button.
The TV itself will turn off and on, which indicates a reset. All settings and applications will be restored to the factory version.
- To enter the TV menu, you will need to select “Menu” on the remote control.
- Go to the support section.
- Find the self-test item and the “Reset” step in it.
- Entering the correct code and confirming the action will return the smart settings to the factory settings.
Series MQ and LS
- Unlike previous series, to go to the TV menu you will need to find the button on the remote control "Home" and find the settings item directly on the screen.
- Select "Support".
- Next, click on the self-test item and select “Reset”.
- In the PIN code input window (by default, these are “0000”), enter the necessary numbers and complete the process of restarting Smart using the “OK” button.
Turning the TV off and on by yourself will show that the system has been restored to its original form.
Reset via Smart Hub
An alternative option in case of incorrect operation of the application is the reset via Smart Hub. This function completely clears the memory of all applications and reinstalls those that were original.
IMPORTANT! Before you restart the system in this way, you should check the certification of your TV. The last digits of the Ukrainian code on the sticker should end with XUA and then have shamrock signs. In the case of an uncertified model, the Smart Hub will be blocked at the regional level by the reset operation.
If you have verified the certification and made sure it is available, you can proceed with the reset steps. To do this, you will need to follow these recommendations:
- Go to your TV settings.
- Find the "Support" item.
- Go to the "Self-diagnosis" section.
- In the indicated section, select the “Reset Smart Hub” function.
- In the highlighted window, enter the pin code and confirm the action.
IMPORTANT! Application shortcuts should not be darkened.
It may take a lot of time to download applications (this depends on the speed of the Internet).
For Motorola VIP 1003
Press the MTS button. (To switch to TV control mode, press the TV button).
Also make sure that the correct broadcast source is selected on the TV and an image is present.
Using the Source button on the remote TV select a signal source depending on the type of connection of the set-top box to the TV: for a tulip cable - AV, for an HDMI cable - HDMI.
Source selection button depending on the brand of your TV
If the indicator does not blink, and no remote control commands are being executed, replace the batteries (AAA) in the remote control.
Important! Pointing the remote control at the set-top box, make sure that there are no obstacles between you and the set-top box.
If the problem persists, reset the remote control to the factory settings. For more details, see the “Subscriber's Guide” (select the tab corresponding to the model of your set-top box)