The site provides reference information for informational purposes only. Diagnosis and treatment of diseases should be carried out under the supervision of a specialist. All drugs have contraindications. Specialist consultation required!
Everyone wants his doctor to be the best and most educated, especially for obstetrician-gynecologists. However, in addition to education, a good gynecologist should be an excellent psychologist and just a person with a good heart.
A pregnant woman should not feel uncomfortable at a reception with an arrogant, insensitive obstetrician. The doctor must respect the pregnant woman and not forget about the time, be punctual and attentive. If your doctor “lingers” all the time, this may indicate his lack of assembly or too many patients. Do you need such a doctor?
Pay attention to the course of the consultation. Do not stay with a gynecologist, who during your conversation answers the phone, as this is another sign of disrespect for your time. Emergency cases at such doctors are extremely rare.
If your doctor is unpleasant to you on an intuitive level, immediately find another. The obstetrician-gynecologist must be confident, friendly and always expect the best. Even if the condition during pregnancy is not the best, it is important for a pregnant woman to hear from her gynecologist that everything will be fine, and to see that her doctor is doing everything possible so that his words do not contradict reality.
For an obstetrician-gynecologist, as well as for other doctors, it is very important to be able to listen and not interrupt the patient unnecessarily. If the doctor complains that you turned to him late, if he accuses you, for example, of frequently changing partners, you do not need such a doctor. Such a doctor is initially pessimistic, run away from him!
Author: Pashkov M.K. Content Project Coordinator.
The criteria for a good obstetrician
For what criteria It is worth looking for an obstetrician-gynecologist doctor, consider the main ones:
- First of all, these are reviews of close friends, acquaintances, as well as patients who have already given birth, the so-called word of mouth about the competence of a doctor,
- The doctor must be engaged in practical activities, have work experience, i.e. to give birth and perform operations,
- For the doctor, life and health of both the woman in labor and the baby should be equally important,
- In the event of an emergency, he must take delivery by cesarean section, so the woman must trust the chosen doctor,
- When meeting a doctor, he must carefully listen to your complaints, get acquainted with the documents, ask questions about the course of pregnancy and not only. As a result of the examination, he prescribes the necessary preparations and tells you a plan for further actions,
- You must tell the doctor your wishes in terms of childbirth, but he, in turn, will reasonably explain his point of view on the basis of acquaintance with your medical record and the course of pregnancy. There are times when a woman is set up for a natural birth, and the doctor already sees the prerequisites for performing a cesarean section,
- The doctor should explain to you the appearance of what symptoms are a signal of the onset of labor, in which cases you need to call him,
- After you have chosen an obstetrician for childbirth, you need to make an appointment with him. You can go to the doctor’s first appointment with the child’s father; his opinion is also important.
You must ask your chosen doctor questions that are important to you, these include:
- Will they put the baby to the breast immediately after birth,
- What types of anesthesia are offered by a doctor or anesthetist,
- Does the hospital have paid superior rooms,
- Is the presence of the father allowed during childbirth,
- Are postpartum wards shared with children,
- Does labor stimulation apply, in which situations,
- Is there any resuscitation in the hospital?
There comes a time when a pregnant woman needs to decide which of the existing methods of childbirth she plans to give birth. The following types of labor exist: traditional, cesarean section, in an upright position, in water, at home. Consider each of the types in more detail:
Already during pregnancy, doctors see the prerequisites for a planned operation, these include high blood pressure, vision problems, incorrect fetal position. Also, an indication for Caesarean section is that the child is repeatedly entwined with an umbilical cord in the womb. In the event that unforeseen complications arise during childbirth, doctors perform an emergency operation - a cesarean section.
This type of birth is gaining popularity in our country, it is common in Asia. During contractions, a pregnant woman can walk, sit, stand on all fours - this significantly reduces pain. But with the vertical method of childbirth, it is difficult for doctors to diagnose the condition of the uterus of the woman in childbirth and the well-being of the child.
Childbirth in water
During childbirth in warm water, the woman’s internal muscles relax, and labor pains are almost painless. It is believed that the child is easier when he falls into a familiar environment, and adaptation to our world is faster. The disadvantages of this method: firstly, a large list of contraindications for women in labor. Secondly, the doctor cannot fully monitor the course of the process. Thirdly, the child may die choking on water, and the mother from blood loss, since the blood in the water does not clot.
The health of mother and baby in the hands of extra-class specialists.
Intimate health is a fragile thing. And if men, by definition being more pragmatic, go to the urologist without special expectations regarding the psychological situation and emotional comfort, then women have a different situation. It is important for a woman that the doctor, whom she admits to the holy of holies, evokes absolute confidence and only positive emotions.
This is especially important for expectant mothers who acutely feel that they make the choice of an obstetrician-gynecologist for two - for themselves and the unborn baby. So I want the unborn baby to feel care, warmth and sincere interest in his fate.
In the clinic of the international level "Medicine" everything is arranged in such a way that the future woman in labor feels surrounded by care and attention. Patient services are equipped with the most advanced digital equipment that the obstetrics and gynecology department is equipped with. Screening examinations, ultrasound fetometry, 3D- and 4D-ultrasound - there are many methods for high-quality diagnosis of the condition of a pregnant woman and the fetus, they are related by the highest information content and absolute safety. The clinic "Medicine" also has its own laboratory, ready to quickly do all the necessary tests. Examinations and pregnancy management in the clinic are carried out according to the standards and orders of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
A valuable feature of the clinic is that there are doctors specializing in problem pregnancies: with aggravating pathologies, miscarriage, rhesus conflict, etc. The colossal experience and high qualification of doctors help to safely build the most difficult pregnancies, right up to the happy ending - the birth of a healthy baby.
Particularly popular in the clinic "Medicine" are genetic tests among prospective parents. People want to know exactly what hereditary diseases and with what degree of probability they can transmit to offspring. To identify such risks, scientists have developed tests to help identify many severe inherited diseases in children. Genetic testing is recommended to be passed to people with hereditary family diseases, experience with harmful substances, women over 35 years old, especially if in the past there were miscarriages, a frozen pregnancy, a stillborn child, etc.
The human body is a single whole. The reproductive system exists in close connection with other systems of the body: nervous, cardiovascular, etc. "Medicine" is a multidisciplinary clinic, its capacities allow you to take into account all the nuances of the functioning of the body. Therefore, women are monitored by specialists of all vital areas. And not only women, but also her partner. In a situation where a pregnancy is planned or an expected pregnancy does not occur for some reason, this is extremely important. It is important that the gynecologist works in tandem with the urologist and doctors of other specialties leading the couple. According to the observations of doctors, just such A complex approach becomes the main guarantee of the appearance of healthy offspring. An integrated approach is a kind of "calling card" of the clinic "Medicine". For doctors, this is an opportunity for comprehensive assistance to patients, and for patients themselves - a firm belief that everything is under control plus basic comfort. It is convenient and reliable when all doctors are “at hand” and work in conjunction.
For women with gynecological diseases, observation and treatment are provided - both in the clinic and in the hospital, which ensures complete and flawless continuity of the treatment stages. Clinic "Medicine" is the leading in the field of modern gynecological surgery in women of any age category. Indications for surgical intervention are most often endometriosis, uterine fibroids, tumors and ovarian cysts, hyperplasia, etc. The clinic prefers targeted minimally invasive manipulations using hysteroscopy and laparoscopy. The low morbidity of such operations allows patients to go home on the day of surgery after hysteroscopy or 3 days after laparoscopy.
Diagnosis and treatment of gynecological diseases and infertility, in vitro fertilization (IVF) programs, preparation for pregnancy and its support until delivery, observation of babies from the first days of life - all these components of a successful female fate have a personal dimension for each patient. Full immersion in a personal situation is, along with integrated approach, the basic principle of medical care in the clinic "Medicine".
Since 1990, thousands of women and men have entrusted the intimate health and well-being of their babies to the specialists of the Medicine clinic. People come here, impressed by the highest status of the institution. "Medicine" is the only clinic in Russia accredited by international standards JCI (Joint Commission International). This is the most prestigious international certification in the field of health, recognized as the "gold standard" of quality. In addition, the Clinic Medicine is part of the Association of Leading Clinics in Switzerland (SLH), and in 2012 it was recognized as the best private clinic in Moscow. But people remain faithful to the clinic, of course, not because of its regalia. A much more important feeling of confidence, security and comprehensive care with which the staff surrounds them. And people appreciate the efficiency and comfort, because it is so natural!
The Department of Gynecology of the Clinic "Medicine", the center for the treatment of infertility and IVF, the pediatric department - the "links" of one "chain" - the health of mothers and babies.
Gynecologist's advice for expectant mothers
Gynecologist's advice for expectant mothers
Do not confuse this doctor with a midwife. A midwife is a specialist with a secondary medical education who usually works at feldsher-midwife stations instead of a doctor.
But in maternity hospitals and antenatal clinics, midwives work in conjunction with an obstetrician-gynecologist, being his indispensable assistant.
What is the responsibility of a female doctor?
- Inspect girls and women at physical examinations and medical commissions,
- Conduct preventive discussions on women's diseases, hygiene, issues of protection from unwanted pregnancy and genital infections,
- Advise patients on contraception and choose a more convenient way for them,
- To diagnose and treat diseases of the female genital organs, including infertility,
- Search for causes and treat miscarriage,
- Observe women during pregnancy, assist in childbirth and the postpartum period,
- Abortion at the request of the woman or according to the testimony in a timely manner.
Where do obstetrician-gynecologists work?
Female doctors receive women’s clinics in city, district and regional clinics, work in family planning and human reproduction centers, and provide medical assistance in multidisciplinary commercial medical centers.
Obstetrician-gynecologists also work in gynecological hospitals. These include maternity hospitals, perinatal centers, oncology centers, surgical gynecological hospitals, departments of pregnancy pathology, etc.
What problems can I contact an obstetrician-gynecologist?
A female doctor treats the following diseases:
- Diseases associated mainly with inflammation (adnexitis, endometritis, vulvovaginitis, cervical erosion),
- Sexually transmitted diseases (syphilis, gonorrhea, mycoplasmosis, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, etc.),
- Genital tumors (cysts, fibroids, cervical cancer, etc.),
- Menstrual irregularities of various kinds,
- Diseases, mostly associated with pathology of the endocrine system (adenomyosis, endometriosis, some cases of infertility and miscarriage),
- Surgical diseases (congenital malformations, prolapse of the uterus, prolapse of the walls of the vagina, etc.)
Often, the gynecologist has to refer his patient to related specialists for consultation and to correct treatment, to write out directions for hospitalization in the appropriate hospitals. So, on the advice of a gynecologist, patients are often referred to an oncologist, dermatovenerologist, surgeon, endocrinologist, mammologist, general practitioner.
What are the features of observation at the obstetrician-gynecologist for pregnancy?
During the bearing of the baby, expectant mothers meet with the obstetrician-gynecologist especially often. His tasks include registration of expectant mothers, their constant monitoring, hospitalization if necessary.
At each appointment, the doctor asks for complaints, is interested in well-being, performs a vaginal examination three times during pregnancy, listens to the fetal heartbeat, assesses his position in the uterus, gives an interpretation of the results of the tests, gives recommendations on nutrition and regimen, prescribes medications if necessary.
The midwife helps the doctor: measures the blood pressure, pulse, weight, abdominal circumference in women, writes out the direction for tests, ultrasound, gives directions for consultation with narrow specialists.