Let's start by warming up. Below is a step-by-step demonstration that will help you get used to the process, which we will use in future to learn draw anime.
Eyes are a great object to start drawing anime, as they are key to this type of character. The lesson is so simple that you will succeed even if you have never painted before.
- 2 pencils
- pencil sharpener
- black gel pen or liner
Step 1: draw 2 horizontal lines with a pencil 1 inch (25 mm) apart. Connect them with four vertical lines at an equal distance from each other. You should get three rectangles whose height is slightly larger than the width.
Step 2: draw eyebrows, upper and lower eyelash lines. The angle of each line tilts slightly to the center of the pattern. The curved lines of the upper eyelashes are more pronounced. The guidelines made in the previous step help to get the correct distance of the eyelash lines, but to draw eyebrows you need to use your eye to get the correct distance between the eyebrows and eyelash lines below.
Step 3: add an iris to each eye, leaving a small white circle at the top for highlighting.
Step 4: write an oval in each iris. Add a smaller oval inside each of these ovals to indicate the pupils. Make the bottom of the large ovals flatter. Add two smooth lines above each eye to indicate the folds of the upper eyelid.
Step 5: take the black gel pen or liner and carefully fill the lines along the contours.
Step 6: Once the ink is dry, erase all the pencil lines.
Pencil lines should be light and easy to erase after ink stroke!
What is needed:
- a sheet of white paper (you can use an album for drawing or a sketch book),
- a simple pencil
- colored pencils or felt-tip pens,
- Take a piece of paper and a pencil. Draw two parallel lines horizontally to align your eyes.
- Draw the shape of the eyes shown in the example "2".
- Now you should wipe all the auxiliary lines and draw a bold line of eyelashes at the top of the eyes. On the sides, these lines branch into three sharp cilia.
- Below, draw one short line, which also branches on the sides into two cilia.
- We draw pupil ovals. Pay attention to their location: they do not touch the bottom, but the eyelids hang on top of them.
- Draw anime eyes with a pencil is not difficult. To do this, we need to decorate the pupils and leave white highlights. Follow the example in Figure 6.
- Add at the top, under the eyelashes, small lines of shadows, draw a fold of the eyelids and draw thin eyebrows. Pupils can be painted in any color.
- Consider another method of drawing anime eyes. Draw the same parallel lines as in the previous example and mark the same squares using the ruler.
- Draw the top and bottom lines of the eyelashes. Follow the example in Figure “2”.
- At this stage, use the eraser to wipe off all the auxiliary lines, draw the pupils and mark the highlights with white circles.
- Color your eyes, draw the upper crease of the eyelid and eyebrows.
- Consider the third method of how to draw an anime girl’s eyes. To do this, as before, you need to draw two lines.
- Draw squares of the same width (use a ruler) and arrange the shape of the eyes in them, as in Figure “2”.
- Draw the top of the eyelashes that branch into the sides.
- Draw the lower bold lines of the eyelashes.
- At this point, use the eraser to erase all the auxiliary lines and draw the pupils, leaving white with different shapes of glare.
- Lightly draw a shadow under the eyelashes and color the pupils.
I hope this tutorial was useful to you and your attempts to draw anime eyes have been successful. Send your work to us in a social network.