Menopause, or menopause - an inevitable period in a woman’s life, a natural hormonal restructuring of the body associated with the gradual extinction of reproductive function. A harbinger of the final loss of this function is the stage called by specialists premenopause, when the first symptoms of hormonal changes appear, often very negatively affecting one's well-being. MedAboutMe will tell you what the signs of an approaching menopause are and how to resist the unpleasant phenomena that accompany this difficult period.
Menopause: stages and age of onset
The onset of menopause is usually observed after 40 years and is due to both genetic factors and lifestyle. Stress, endocrine diseases, debilitating diets can contribute to an earlier start of the process. The total duration of menopause from the onset of the first symptoms to the expiration of several years after the last menstruation can cover more than 10 years.
Menopause is divided into the following stages: premenopause, actually menopause and postmenopause.
It occurs between the ages of 40 and 50 years, which is due to various factors from heredity to lifestyle, and lasts from the beginning of the extinction of ovarian function to the cessation of menstruation (2-4 years, sometimes longer). The first signs of hormonal changes appear: menstrual irregularities, various ailments and discomfort.
The period of cessation of menstruation, sometimes they happen, but breaks between them can reach several months. Menopausal symptoms are acute in this period. In most women, menopause occurs after 50 years.
It lasts from the last menstruation to the end of life. In the absence of menstrual cycles, the woman’s physical and emotional-mental state gradually normalizes, unpleasant phenomena characteristic of the first two stages of hormonal adjustment go away.
Menopause is a special time in a woman’s life. And the diet should be special.
Premenopause and the first 6 months of menopause are a period of hormonal dangers in which almost every woman runs the risk of gaining excess weight.
The combined effect of age, a decrease in muscle mass and a decrease in thyroid secretion leads to a decrease in the caloric expenditures of the female body.
At the same time, the ovaries stop producing one of the two hormones - progesterone, so that the cycle becomes irregular, menstruation starts late and, finally, completely disappears.
Usually, treatment consists of taking progesterone substitutes, in most cases synthetic ones.
The above factors and generate excess weight, which cannot be controlled by conventional measures. We are at the center of premenopause.
When ovarian function ceases completely and ceases to produce estrogen, as evidenced by sudden bouts of fever (“hot flashes”), this means that menopause has begun, and therefore, completeness will increase when referring to synthetic progesterone and estrogen substitutes. The trend will continue until the body adapts to drugs, and disappears after a few months.
The residual effects of this period can last from 2 to 5 years and are accompanied by weight gain, according to statistics, from 3 to 5 kg, depending on the drugs used. But obese women are at risk of increasing their weight to 10 and even 20 kg.
Such hormones are an original and natural alternative for women at risk.
Not so long ago, a new method for correcting menopause appeared, with which you can avoid excess weight caused by hormonal drugs. We are talking about the use of natural substances isolated from various plants and, in particular, soy. This method was developed in the USA, but was abandoned, and now its results are used only in the form of a cosmetic cream.
These substances are formed by molecules whose structure is so similar to the structure of female hormones that they can partially replace them. Due to this similarity, they are called "soy isoflavones."
These herbal substitutes are not as active as female hormones, but they are not toxic and have proven in practice their protective effect in hot flashes. Studies are currently underway to confirm their effect in osteoporosis and cardiovascular diseases, as well as on many hormone-dependent forms of cancer, in particular breast cancer. But we must not forget about the preventive effect of these natural plant substances on women at risk of weight gain during menopause and premenopause. It seems that the regular use of soy phytoestrogens in sufficiently large doses allows women to avoid the risk of fullness during this period. You should be aware that the dosages of most of these drugs sold in pharmacies in the form of tablets or capsules are inadequate.
Despite the difficulties, many women use diets during menopause and notice that previously effective remedies now stop working, and their weight is gradually increasing. In these women, classical hormone therapy can only add fuel to the fire and cause uncontrolled weight gain. It is in such a difficult situation that plant hormones can be especially useful. Subsequently, when the weight stabilizes, it will be possible, if necessary, to switch to the usual hormones.
All authors studying the properties of soybean emphasize the fact that its use relieves some of the symptoms of menopause - such as hot flashes, skin aging. Regular soy consumption explains Asian women’s strong immunity to breast cancer, osteoporosis, and obesity.
Normal menopause. If in the past a woman did not have excess weight and experience with many diets, then in order to prevent possible fatness, at the first signs of menopause, the fourth stage with its protein Thursday is recommended (This refers to the diet described in the book, from which this chapter is taken. - Ed.), 3 tablespoons of oat bran daily and refusal of the elevator. In most cases, this is enough to maintain weight. The fourth stage should be observed during premenopause and the period of adaptation to menopause, and especially when using alternative hormone therapy - a period during which it is very easy to lose weight control.
This is characteristic of many women who have always had difficulty maintaining a normal weight, and they have every reason to be afraid of the first symptoms of menopause.
In cases where the fourth stage will not be enough, you should go to the third stage with its base “proteins + vegetables”, as well as a portion of fruit, whole grain bread and cheese, 2 servings of starchy foods and 2 festive meals per week, and, of course, protein thursday.
At some critical moments of premenopause, with long delays or absence of menstruation, accompanied by water retention, bloating, swelling of the legs and fingers, headaches, or in the first 3 months of hormonal treatment, you should go to the second stage with a 1/1: 1 protein alternation rhythm day, 1 day of proteins and vegetables.
Recent weight gain. If a woman has not taken precautions and has already begun to recover, it is better to start from the 3rd day of the attack phase, then continue the second stage with alternating 1/1, recovering the weight, go to the third stage and, finally, to the fourth until perfect adaptation to hormone therapy, that is, at least 6 months.
In obese women, there is a high risk of further weight gain during hormone therapy. If treatment has already begun, my diet should be applied as strictly as possible, starting from 5 or even 7 protein days, if necessary.
Then proceed to the second stage with a 5/5 alternation rhythm, that is, 5 protein days, 5 days of proteins and vegetables. When you reach the desired weight, apply the third stage - 10 days to fix each kilogram lost and, finally, the fourth stage of the diet until the end of life.
Try to listen to the signals that the body gives
If you try to understand the urges that come from the body, it becomes possible to control the intensity of the tides.
They are based on different reasons, and in different women they are similarly determined by various factors.
You should take a closer look at the behavior of the body, including, for example, starting a diary, based on notes in which you can determine some patterns and know at what time you should expect a tide.
The most common causes of the described tides are:
• overly spicy and peppery food,
• tea, coffee and other hot drinks,
• bathhouse, hot tub, sauna,
• holding emotions within yourself.
What you need to do to get rid of the tides
The best thing in this situation is to find and eliminate the underlying causes of hormonal disruption.
Many methods are known, thanks to which it is possible to effectively regulate the number and intensity of their manifestations.
This applies primarily to nutrition, in respect of which the following rules must be observed:
• In addition to a healthy diet on a regular basis, nutrition should also contribute to the stable functioning of hormones. For their work, the quality of the food consumed is extremely important. In this regard, one should carefully approach their choice.
• It is necessary to exclude from the diet foods that contain gluten. According to the scientific data, it appears that it substantially leads to an imbalance of estrogen in the body, and prevents its stable metabolism.
• A good addition to dishes is flax seed. It differs in the content of a significant number of ligans, which are, in essence, phytoestrogens, and contribute to establishing the necessary balance of estrogen. It also contains a lot of fiber, due to which the intestines are stimulated. In this regard, it is advisable to pour 2 tablespoons (tablespoons) of seeds (previously ground) in the prepared healthy cocktail.
• It is necessary to eat a lot of greens. In the leaves of greenery there are a large number of useful vitamins and minerals that support the functioning of hormones, positively affect the passage of menstruation, and help to make bone tissue stronger.
• It is necessary to limit caffeine as much as possible. Available experimental data clearly indicate its negative lowering effect on estrogen levels.
• You might consider eating propolis, which stimulates ovarian tissue, normalizes the endocrine system, has phytoestrogens in its composition.
• The use of pomegranate does not hurt. Its juice (like oil from pomegranate seeds) reduces the number of hot flashes, their strength by bringing estrogen to the required level. Seed oil should be drunk twice a day (dose - 15 milligrams).
With regard to dietary supplements, among them should be highlighted:
• magnesium, vitamin B (complex preparation), vitamin E,
• Peruvian poppy. Belongs to the cabbage family, grows in the highlands of Peru and Bolivia. Aphrodisiac. It increases the amount of estradiol in the body, reduces the soreness of hot flashes, and increases libido. But it should be borne in mind that its effect has a very strong effect, in view of which the daily dose should be within a quarter of a teaspoon,
• racemose insecticide. It carries a large number of effects of a therapeutic property, helping to establish a balance of hormones (including due to increased estrogen) and restore proper menstruation,
• radiol. Represents an immunomodulator that stimulates the endocrine and nervous systems, normalizes the menstrual cycle. Helps eliminate hot flashes
• cream, which includes progesterone. With it, the balance of estrogen and progesterone is leveled,
• if there is not enough estrogen in the blood, a bioidentical cream, which also includes estrogen, will help during the hot flashes. In this case, before it is necessary to pass a blood test for checking hormones.
Try to listen to what your body is saying, to understand the signals it gives.
Think about your emotions and those feelings that you cannot express.
According to Chinese folk medicine, hot flashes indicate suppressed anger and irritation.
And in this regard, hot flashes are a sign that the body is trying to throw out everything that has accumulated and is completely unnecessary to him.
Therefore, it is best to keep a diary, do not forget about relaxation, take care of your health and look positively at the world around you. Practice fitness, do breathing exercises (for example, the same qigong). published by econet.ru.
If you have any questions, ask them.here
P.S. And remember, just changing our consumption - together we change the world! © econet
Do you like the article? Then support us press:
Premenopause: symptoms, causes and treatment methods
Premenopause is the first stage of menopause, the onset of which is individual for each woman. Most often this happens between the ages of 40 and 50. The duration of premenopause ranges from six months to several years.
Features of the premenopausal period
The reproductive system in a healthy woman works reasonably well, but there comes a time when her functions begin to fade. Moreover, this process is not happening at once. As already written, restructuring in the female body can last several years. The duration of the period primarily depends on the characteristics of the organism and heredity.
In the period of premenopause, menstruation first comes irregularly, and eventually disappears completely. If there was no menstrual flow throughout the year, then the next period of menopause - menopause.
The production of hormones progesterone and estrogen is also gradually decreasing, and the level of follicle-stimulating hormone (FGS), on the contrary, is increasing. Moreover, if earlier the amount of FGS depended on the phase of the menstrual cycle, then by the end of the premenopause period its level becomes stably high.
In addition to estrogen and progesterone, male sex hormones (androgens) are also present in the body of a woman. Their number at the premenopausal stage also decreases, but much more slowly. Therefore, at some point, there may be more of them than women. This situation leads to hyperandrogenism syndrome or hirsutism.
Causes of Early Menopause
Premenopause is an absolutely natural process in the life of every woman. But there are a number of factors contributing to the fact that this period begins ahead of schedule. These reasons include:
- hereditary factors
- bleeding disorder,
- thyroid disease
- pelvic surgery
- abuse of alcohol, tobacco or drugs,
- body irradiation
- long-term use of hormonal contraceptives.
All of these factors can contribute to the early onset of premenopause. But first of all, it all depends on the individual characteristics of the female body.
Symptoms of premenopause as well as their intensity are also individual. In some cases, a woman does not even notice the onset of this period. There are a number of common clinical manifestations that are most often encountered by the fairer sex. These include:
- menstrual irregularities
- breast sensitivity
- a sudden sensation of heat - hot flashes,
- dyspareunia (discomfort and pain during intercourse),
- general weakness
- frequent mood swings
- decreased libido
- drowsiness or sleep disturbance,
- frequent urination
- weight gain
- fragility of nails, hair, dry skin,
- hyperhidrosis (increased sweating),
- changes in blood pressure, provoking a headache,
- tachycardia (heart palpitations).
The listed clinical manifestations of premenopause are quite natural for the female body. But there are a number of symptoms, with the appearance of which it is necessary to immediately consult a gynecologist:
- too much menstrual flow
- spotting in between cycles
- the appearance of blood after intercourse
- reduction of the period between menstruation
- long period of menstrual bleeding.
Such deviations from the norm may indicate the presence of any pathology in the pelvic organs. For example, fibroma, myoma, cyst, polyps or a tumor can provoke them. Also, during the premenopausal period, the risk of developing endocrine pathologies and diseases of the mammary glands increases.
There are no specific methods for diagnosing premenopause. But in order to exclude other pathological processes in a woman, gynecologists adhere to a certain examination plan.
First of all, the doctor finds out everything about the patient’s menstrual cycle, its duration, the nature of the discharge, the presence of pain.Next, the gynecologist conducts a visual examination and takes smears from the vagina for examination. Pelvic organs are examined using an ultrasound machine.
Additionally, the woman is referred to specialists such as a mammologist and endocrinologist. The cervix and the walls of the vagina are examined by coloscopy.
For this procedure, a special koloskop device is used, which increases the visibility of internal organs from 10 to 40 times. Also, a mandatory diagnostic procedure is the study of hormonal levels.
Moreover, given the fact that during the premenopausal period, the background is very unstable, studies are carried out more than once, comparing the results with previous analyzes.
How to relieve the onset of premenopause?
As such, treatment during the premenopause is aimed at reducing the symptoms of its onset. Moreover, clinical manifestations can be both pronounced and almost invisible. That is why any therapy is selected by a gynecologist for each woman individually. Remember, do not pick up any drugs based on the experience of friends or acquaintances.
The severe course of premenopause is facilitated by the use of hormonal drugs. One of the most important tasks of a doctor is to stabilize the menstrual cycle until the ovarian functions completely die out. After all, it is precisely the prolonged absence of menstruation that provokes vivid clinical manifestations of this period. Stabilize a woman's condition with the following hormones:
- Progestogens. This group of drugs not only stabilizes the cycle, but also contributes to the onset of its second phase, in which the basal layer of the endometrium is rejected. After menstruation has ended, the symptoms of premenopause tend to fade or disappear altogether. The course of therapy is 2-3 months. The most popular drugs of this group include Pregnil, Norkolut and Turinal.
- Combined funds. They contain not only gestagens, but also estrogens. Such drugs normalize hormonal balance and reliably protect against unwanted pregnancy. The most effective among them are considered Janine and Marvelon. If therapy is primarily aimed at stabilizing the hormonal background and alleviating severe manifestations of premenopause, then the gynecologist prescribes drugs such as Clinorm, Divina or Klimen.
To alleviate unpleasant sensations in intimate places, local hormonal drugs are used (candles, cream, gel). For example, Ovestin, Estriol or Estrokad. Such agents successfully fight against such clinical manifestations, while not exerting influence on neighboring organs and tissues.
Homeopathic remedies and vitamins
Homeopathic medicines and herbal medicines are used most often when hormonal pills are contraindicated for a woman for certain reasons, or for certain reasons, she refuses to take them. To mitigate the symptoms of premenopause, such means as Remens, Estrovel, Klimadinon will help. The composition of such drugs includes soy, tsimifuga or clover.
Herbal medicines are more easily tolerated by the body. But the effect of them most often does not occur immediately and such drugs cannot cope with a severe form of complications.
Serious changes occurring during the premenopause period provoke various malfunctions in the female body, including the production of necessary substances. Therefore, the intake of vitamin complexes is a prerequisite for the relief of clinical manifestations at the initial stage of menopause.
Vitamins can prolong the work of the ovaries, as well as smooth out the symptoms with the gradual extinction of their functions. In addition, their intake helps to increase immunity and restore the protective functions of the body. Gynecologists are advised to take such vitamin complexes as Alphabet 50+, Climafit, Formula women and other similar drugs.
With the advent of premenopause, a woman’s life does not end, such changes are absolutely natural and cannot be stopped. That is why it is so important to timely help the female body cope with this new stage without overshadowing its arrival with unpleasant symptoms.
How to remove the manifestations of menopause in women, how to fight folk remedies
Menopause in a woman is called a new phase in her life. This is the period when age-related attenuation of ovarian activity and a decrease in the formation of estrogens occur. It is divided into three parts:
- the time until the cessation of menstruation, on average, about 45 - 47 years,
- menopause, or in other words, the cessation of menstruation for about 50-52 years,
- time after that until old age, which is also called post menopause.
How to alleviate the condition of a woman? To solve this problem, you need to approach comprehensively. This is an improvement in the general physical condition, treatment with medicines and traditional medicine methods.
Manifestations of female menopause
The condition of menopause is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms. Estrogen significantly affects the important processes that occur in the body. Therefore, its decrease is accompanied by a change in metabolism and many other important natural processes. The consequence is an increase in appetite, weight gain, the appearance of sweating, the manifestation of "hot flashes."
There is an increased heartbeat, bouts of weakness, urinary incontinence when laughing or coughing, irritability, drowsiness, or vice versa insomnia, mood swings, decreased sexual desire. Naturally, observing what is happening, the woman is even more nervous, while increasing food intake.
Thus, it significantly enhances its completeness, which does not add optimism to it.
How to deal with all this “bouquet” of discomfort? Let's get it right. Initially, there is no need to be afraid and panic. First of all, you need to take care of yourself and lead a life aimed at improving health. This includes all measures to combat annoying symptoms.
Let's start with the psychological mood of a woman. The more she loves herself, takes care of herself, and adjusts herself to a positive acceptance of what is happening to her, the more effective the result will be.
If a woman was engaged in physical education, classes should be continued, and if she was not engaged, then start.
Exercise will be a good prevention of obesity, cardiovascular disease, relieving bouts of nervousness, osteoprosis.
If you suffer from urinary incontinence - you need to learn and perform the so-called Kegel exercises. They represent contraction and relaxation in turn of the muscles that raise the pelvic floor. During execution, breathing does not hold. You need to start once a day and bring it up to 3 times, the number of repetitions is from 15 to 20, the reduction time is about 5-6 seconds.
If the tides are frequent and cause a lot of trouble, then yoga will be effective. It will allow you to relax and learn how to control your breathing.
To reduce weight, it is advisable to adhere to a healthy diet, limit carbohydrate intake. Instead of sweets and cakes, you need to eat fruit.
It is also very useful to eat vegetables, bran bread, vegetable fats and cereals. Do not forget about low-fat varieties of meat, sea fish.
To normalize sleep - limit the use of strong coffee, tea. In the evening, you need to reduce the work on the computer and watching night movies.
A walk before bedtime is best suited, which will not only fill the body with oxygen, but will also be a kind of training for the body. To reduce the attacks of weakness, do not forget about rest.
The proposed measures will not be removed, but will greatly facilitate the manifestation of the symptoms of the menopause.
In the event that there are severe headaches, pressure drops and other threats that worsen over time, then a visit to the doctor is necessary. He will prescribe hormone replacement therapy.
Remember that only a highly qualified physician is able to take into account the characteristics of the body, will be able to prescribe drugs, determine their dose and duration of admission. Before determining the format of treatment, examinations by a mammologist, gynecologist and endocrinologist are necessary.
In addition, it is important to take special blood tests, densitometry and radiography of the bones, which will make it possible to compile the overall clinical picture and only then a decision is made on the appointment of drugs.
Today, the market for anti-climacteric drugs is quite wide. In order to help you navigate in such a huge variety, consider some of them:
- Divisek is a combined preparation that contains progestogen and estrogen. Prevents the development of postmenopausal osteoporosis, reducing bone loss.
- Femoston is a two-phase drug consisting of 2 components of estradiol and dydrogesterone. These are analogues of female sex hormones - estradiol and progesterone. The presence of extraradiol, in addition to reducing menopausal symptoms, prevents loss of bone mass, and dydrogesterone - the risk of developing endometrial hyperplasia.
- Divitren - a drug that contains estrogen and progestogen. Estradiol also prevents postmenopausal osteoporosis by reducing bone loss.
- Livial is a drug used for menopause (natural or after ovariectomy), menopausal osteoporosis (prevention). It contains tibolone. The drug is part of a group of medical products that are used during hormone replacement therapy to reduce post menopausal symptoms.
- Climonorm is a drug that contains gestagen and estrogen. With the help of estradiol in the female body, the lack of estrogen is compensated when menopause has begun and a sufficiently effective treatment of autonomic and psycho-emotional menopausal symptoms is provided.
Before taking any serious hormonal drugs, it is worth looking around yourself and remembering about mother nature. Some plants are able to influence the female body and continue its youth.
They contain phytoestrogens, which replace sex hormones, so their use and levels hormone deficiency. This can significantly reduce the symptoms of menopause.
A woman becomes calmer, hot flashes go away, sex drive is restored, hair regains its former shine, wrinkles are smoothed.
So what herbs can help?
One of the female herbs can be called yarrow. To relieve unpleasant symptoms, take a bath from this herb. The bath is prepared as follows: 25 g of yarrow need to pour 500 ml of cold water. Boil and cook for 15 minutes.
, then insist 30min, strain and mix with water in the bath.
It helps to improve sleep and calms the nervous system yarrow with dill, if taken in the morning on an empty stomach and at night, 1 teaspoon of seeds and chopped herbs.
More effective will be the use of herbs. They affect the whole body as a whole and will bring more benefits. Indeed, with menopause, not only metabolism changes, but functional disorders of the body occur.
We prepare a mixture of an equal number of herbs: dioecious nettle, hawthorn fruit, sweet clover grass, passionflower grass, birch leaves and buds.
Add the mountaineer bird (knotweed), buckthorn bark, chamomile flowers, yarrow flowers, calendula flowers, elecampane root, mint grass, curly parsley.
Then we take 1 tablespoon of this mixture and steam it with 1 glass of hot water, cook for 10 minutes. We filter. You need to take 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day.
It should be remembered that the use of herbs in the treatment of menopause should be beaten for a long time, until there are noticeable signs of improvement or recovery.
To strengthen the muscles of the chest, an effective exercise is banal push-ups from the floor. You can do this while standing on your knees, arms spaced shoulder-width apart, fingertips pointing forward. Do it 20 times.
You need to start with 1 approach, gradually bringing to 3. The second exercise is a dumbbell bench press. It is necessary to lie down on the floor, stretch your arms with dumbbells in front of you vertically and parallel to each other, then bend your arms at the elbows, pointing down, then up.
Do 8 times. Start with 1 approach, bring to 3.
Honey in the bath with menopause
Bath and honey - a unique tandem, which is a panacea for the treatment of inflammatory processes on the skin, for the treatment and healing of wounds, burns, eczema and acne.
Ways to use honey in the bath:
- Rubbing honey during steaming. Apply it to the skin and rub it into the body with forward movements. Stay in the steam room for another 10-15 minutes until the moment when the beekeeping product is not absorbed. Then rinse your skin with water. Do not use soap or shower gel.
- Rubbing honey after the steaming procedure. This procedure should be performed after you have steamed the skin well. After that, dry the body with a towel and apply a thin layer of honey, making massage movements.
Then you should go into the steam room and steam the body for 10 minutes. It remains only to wash everything off with water.
Try using a honey scrub with salt. The use in the bath of a healing scrub, consisting of honey and sea salt, is the most effective way to rejuvenate and improve the skin. To prepare, you will need:
- a container in which it is necessary to melt honey to obtain a liquid consistency
- gradually, as it dissolves, add salt to it
- stir until smooth.
Apply to a well-steamed body, and after complete absorption, rinse with warm water. With the frequent use of this scrub while visiting the bath, the skin becomes smoother and more elastic, the appearance of cellulite is reduced and the skin regenerates.
After washing your hair, hair baths are useful. They are made at least 2 times a week. To do this, take 2 tbsp. l nettle, 2 tbsp. l sage, steamed 500 ml of boiling water, insist for 30 minutes, then filter and the resulting volume is adjusted to 1 liter. Then add 500ml of milk. This mask is very useful for hair roots.
Once, looking in the mirror after a sleepless night, a woman realizes that yes, he has come - menopause. They try not to think about him, but his shadow always stands behind him. In this case, there are two ways.
Walking in the first place, the woman continues to endure painfully, all possible symptoms, her eyes go out, wrinkles more and more cover her face, and as a result, she ceases to remember that she is a woman. The second way is enormous work, close cooperation with a doctor, struggle with one's complexes, and finally, with laziness. And in the end, the result.
A pleasant, smiling woman, with a sparkling sparkle in her eyes, with confident posture and light makeup on her face, briskly running about her business and attracting the attention of others. Which way to choose - the decision is yours.
How to get rid of menopause: delaying the onset of menopause + medications for this condition
Climax is a natural process that sooner or later takes place in the body of every woman.
Of course, you should not be afraid of him, but remember that at this time a woman needs emotional, psychological and physiological support.
Sometimes menopause may not be accompanied by negative feelings at all, but in most cases it manifests itself brightly and is difficult to tolerate by women.
How to help a woman in menopause, which drugs will not be superfluous in this case, and other questions - this is the topic of today's conversation.
Climax and its phases
Climax is not yet old age, the main change that occurs at this time in a woman's body is a gradual decrease and shutdown of the ovaries. At the age of 45 to 55, the reproductive system begins to lose ground. The brain stops giving signals to the genitals, which are responsible for the menstrual cycle.
Sex hormones are synthesized in smaller quantities, and then their production completely disappears. The lack of sex hormones applies to all organs of the female body, without exception, since estrogens take part in the work of the whole organism. That is why the symptoms of menopause are so diverse.
Menopause periodically divided into phases:
- Premenopause - This is the period in a woman’s life that begins when the rhythm of the monthly bleeding changes. At this time, an estrogen deficiency and an increase in FSH levels are observed in the body. Premenopause ends when a woman begins her last period.
- Menopause - this is the last menstruation, which independently began and ended.
- Perimenopause - the period of time from the beginning of premenopause and a year after the last independent menstruation (menopause).
- Postmenopause - This is a period of time up to 65-70 years from the moment of menopause.
The types of menopause may be as follows.:
- 45-55 years old - timely
- 36-40 years old - premature
- 40-45 years old - early
- after 55 years - late.
In addition, menopause may be physiological or artificial. If menopause occurs without external intervention, it is called natural or physiological. When it comes, it depends on a large number of reasons.
Speeding up its beginning:
- alcohol abuse
- metabolic disorders in the body,
- sedentary lifestyle,
- excess weight,
- lack of vitamins
- различные заболевания в хронической форме и прочее.
Однако основным фактором, который влияет на возраст, женщины в период менопаузы – это генетика. Scientists are looking for an answer why menopause occurs at about the same time in sisters, however, it is not yet possible to predict the age of menopause.
Induced or artificial menopause can occur at any age. It is associated with the surgical removal of a woman’s reproductive organs, treatment with chemistry or radiation.
When should we expect the onset of menopause? Currently, there is an increasing decrease in the age threshold of menopause. Whereas earlier women mostly faced this phenomenon closer to 50 years, now for about 45 years, many women can observe a typical clinical picture of the menopause.
After the thirty-year milestone, female sex hormones gradually stop being synthesized.
If a woman does not live sexually, the onset of menopause may occur earlier, the fact is that during an intimate relationship a woman produces hormones, this signal enters the brain, which understands that estrogen is still needed, since the reproductive system is in demand. Our body is designed so that it rejects and atrophies everything that it does not need, so active sex life is a sure way to delay menopause.
How to delay and stop the onset without medication?
It is possible to delay the onset of menopause provided that the causes that cause the extinction of the reproductive function are eliminated. Bad habits, diseases of the endocrine and gynecological system, uncontrolled intake of hormonal drugs - all this can provoke an accelerated onset of menopause.
To delay the onset of menopause, and at the same time not to resort to medications, the following is recommended:
- In time to treat acute diseases and prevent chronic ailments. To a greater extent, this applies to the organs of the genitourinary system.
- There is reliable evidence that women who had only one birth, and who did not breast-feed their children, have menopause earlier. This is due to the fact that while a woman carries a child under the heart and breastfeeds, there is no ovulation, which allows the ovaries to function longer.
- Try to avoid overwork and stressful situations. When the body experiences severe emotional overload, cortisol begins to be synthesized, which greatly disrupts the balance of estrogen. If stress cannot be avoided, it is recommended to drink soothing herbs, do yoga, and in severe cases, take sedatives.
- It is important to fully relax. At night, a woman should sleep at least 7-8 hours, as disruptions in the biological rhythm leave their mark on metabolism and hormonal processes.
- Regular feasible physical activity normalizes metabolic processes, burns excess fats, strengthens the immune system and pushes the onset of menopause.
- The diet of a woman after 40 years should be as balanced as possible. It must necessarily contain products that normalize the work of the stomach and intestines.
- Intimacy after 40 should be mandatory. The more often a woman has sex, the more hormones are released in her body that prevent menopausal changes from starting.
Medical delay or how to survive this period
If all of the above tips do not help delay the extinction of ovarian functionality, you should consult a gynecologist.
It is categorically not recommended to take medications on your own, since they can be prescribed only depending on the results of the tests.
In order to correctly select hormone therapy, the doctor must conduct an instrumental examination and prescribe a blood test for hormones. To delay the onset of menopause, as well as to relieve the symptoms that accompany it, estrogen-based drugs or combined medications are needed.
Most commonly assigned:
- Estrofem. This drug is based on estradiol, a drug that increases estrogen levels and prevents the development of osteoporosis.
- Proginov's pills also make up for the lack of estrogen, and also eliminate the unpleasant symptoms that accompany menopause.
- Transdermal therapy - Klimar patch. It is fixed on the skin and releases estradiol. The advantage of this tool is that the active substance enters directly into the bloodstream, and does not have a negative effect on the digestive tract.
- Estrogel is a gel whose active substance is estradiol..
In some cases, a woman is prescribed estrogen-gestagen replacement therapy. In most cases, these are contraceptives - Jeanine, Dufaston and many others.
How to help yourself with the onset
So that menopause is mild and does not cause unpleasant symptoms, synthetic hormones or herbal preparations may be prescribed.
Hormonal drugs appointed in the following cases:
- pathological menopause,
- early menopause
- sudden and regular tides
- decreased libido
- very vivid manifestations of menopause.
In other cases, you can do with herbal preparations:
It is also recommended to take vitamin complexes, mineral compounds, calcium. The last element is urgently needed during menopause, since it is actively washed out in this period and bone tissue.
Also read what bleeding occurs with menopause and how to treat uterine bleeding.
Is it possible to get rid?
Of course, it will not work to get rid of menopause, but it is quite possible to reduce the symptoms during this period. With minor manifestations, folk remedies or preparations based on plant materials can be used.
If the symptoms are very pronounced, you need to contact a gynecologist, take the necessary tests and begin to deal with unpleasant symptoms with hormonal agents.
How to alleviate the condition and symptoms if menopause is tortured
In addition to taking medications, you can not forget about nutrition.
To alleviate negative symptoms during this period, the following is recommended.:
- Reduce calories. Eliminate sugar, fatty meats, fast carbohydrates, and alcohol from your diet.
- Replenish protein reserves. Introduce low-fat varieties of fish and meat into the diet.
- Make portions smaller. You should eat 6 times a day, but in smaller portions.
- Introduce more fruits and vegetables into the diet.
- Steam, boil, bake or stew.
How to fight and cope with the tides
Hot flashes are a very common symptom that accompanies the menopause.
To reduce the manifestations of hot flashes, do the following:
- Calm down and breathe in your stomach. The breath should be deep, about 7-8 breaths should be taken per minute. After each breath, hold your breath for 5-7 seconds.
- Ventilate the room, prevent air from drying out - use humidifiers. Sleep better at low temperatures, hiding in a warm blanket.
- You can freeze a bottle of water, and before going to bed, put it on the pillow for a while, and then put it under the pillow.
- Reduce meat consumption.
- To live an active lifestyle. Do what you like more - yoga, dancing, fitness, swimming and so on.
- Do not wear synthetic clothing - it enhances the tides.
- Avoid stress.
- Hot flashes are always fluid loss, so it is recommended to drink more water (if there are no contraindications for this).
Treatment for menopause should be comprehensive and include the following:
- daily regime,
- psychological climate
- rational and proper nutrition,
- sedatives, for example, ergot alkaloids,
- if there are severe disorders, then tranquilizers are prescribed, which must be started with small doses, the course of treatment is 2 months,
- subject to severe disturbances in the functioning of the nervous system, antipsychotics may be required, which not only have a sedative effect, but also reduce the feeling of fear and suppress motor agitation,
- antidepressants are prescribed for depression,
- physiotherapy - electroanalgesia, galvanization of the neck and head, electrophoresis with seduxen, water procedures - baths with drugs
Menstrual irregularities and other symptoms of premenopause
During premenopause, usually not noted earlier disturbances in the ovaries occur, which produce the sex hormones necessary for a woman - estrogen and progesterone. First of all, this is manifested in the violation of the menstrual cycle: breaks between menstruation increase or decrease, their duration changes. At the same time, the secretions themselves undergo changes, they can become unusually plentiful (with excessive production of estrogen) or scarce, contain clots.
Menstrual irregularities are the first and main, but not the only sign of premenopause. This period is accompanied by a number of negative manifestations of varying degrees of intensity, which can be avoided by a relatively small number of women. According to the frequency of symptoms observed, experts distribute them as follows (in decreasing order):
- hot flashes - a sudden sensation of heat, sometimes with redness of the face,
- increased sweating
- blood pressure disorder
- sleep disturbances
- emotional instability
- symptoms of asthenia, fatigue,
- panic attacks.
Lack of hormones also leads to certain changes in the female body that require attention. Deterioration of calcium absorption makes bones more fragile. In preparation for menopause, the body increases the amount of fatty tissue, which at this time is the main source of estrogen, which causes weight gain. Hormone deficiency affects the condition of the skin, which is thinning, loses its elasticity, becomes drier. The same applies to the mucous membranes, in particular, dry vagina is noted, this can lead to painful sensations during intimacy.
Medicines and herbs to relieve menopausal symptoms
The extinction of the reproductive function in addition to the above symptoms also entails a decrease in immunity, impaired functioning of many body systems, which increases the possibility of developing various diseases. Therefore, regular visits to the gynecologist should be regular at this time (at least once a year), since menstrual irregularities can be a manifestation of not only premenopause, but also some pathological processes. During this period, chronic diseases can worsen, new ones appear, the risk of cardiovascular diseases increases, therefore, examinations by a therapist are also necessary, if necessary, by other specialists.
There are a number of medications available to relieve menopausal symptoms. In severe premenopause and menopause, the doctor may prescribe hormone replacement therapy. As a first step, progesterone is used for 10-20 days every month for several months. Combined drugs containing progesterone and estrogen are also prescribed. Hormonal drugs have a number of side effects, and also have contraindications, therefore, they should be prescribed only by an experienced specialist who is required to monitor the patient's condition during their administration.
Safer remedies are preparations based on phytoestrogens - plant analogues of female sex hormones, which, performing functions similar to estrogens in the body, act gently and safely. Among the plants containing such substances, there are:
The extracts of these plants, combined with the vitamins and minerals necessary for this period, are part of various preparations designed to alleviate the symptoms of hormone deficiency and maintain women's health. In accordance with complaints and the clinical picture, drugs of other groups can be prescribed: cardiac, sedatives, antidepressants and tranquilizers, drugs that normalize blood pressure, and others.
Premenopause Lifestyle and Nutrition
Significantly facilitate the condition of women and reduce the manifestations of premenopause healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition. Attention to your health during this period consists not only in visits to doctors and taking prescribed medications, but also in the proper organization of your daily routine.
- The main enemy of a woman during this period is overwork, physical or intellectual. Allocation of time for rest, breaks in work, change of activities, walks are necessary to maintain working capacity and well-being.
- Sleep is one of the most important ways to replenish strength and restore the body. A sufficient amount of sleep during premenopause (8-9 hours), in particular, has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, preventing the development of hypertension.
- Moderate, but regular physical activity, if possible in the fresh air, helps maintain metabolic processes, interferes with weight gain, improves mood.
Proper nutrition is one of the main ways to combat the manifestations of hormonal changes. First of all, you need to remember the rules of cooking and eating. The most rational and beneficial for health is considered to be a frequent meal (every 3-4 hours) in small portions. Roasting, increasing the calorie content of the dishes and the load on the liver, as a form of processing products should be excluded. It should be replaced by cooking, baking, stewing.
You should carefully consider the choice of food products and give preference primarily to those that contain in their composition the substances necessary for a woman during the premenopausal period:
- vegetables and fruits - a source of vitamins, minerals and fiber,
- soy-based foods make up hormone deficiency with estrogen-like substances,
- marine fish replenishes the body with polyunsaturated fatty acids and protein,
- low-fat dairy products provide calcium and inhibit the development of osteoporosis.
Fatty, smoked dishes, sweets, pastries should be excluded from the daily diet, as well as significantly limit salt, strong tea and coffee. Of the drinks, clean water, herbal teas, compotes, freshly squeezed juices are preferable.SharePinTweetSendSendSend