In life there are married couples who live separately. Sometimes unexpected situations arise when a husband or wife secretly divorces. As a rule, the fact of a change in family status is discovered by chance, for example, when applying for a loan at a bank or when making a legal transaction. Most often, people just because of curiosity want to know whether a person is officially divorced or not.
How to find out the date of divorce: how to find out divorced or not
The legislation of the Russian Federation protects the personal data of citizens, so strangers cannot find out if the spouses are divorced. Government officials are also prohibited from disseminating such information.
In addition, if a person accidentally gets into the hands of a divorce notice, this means that the process has already been completed and the marriage is terminated. The fact is that the date of the decision and the date when it comes into force do not coincide. To make the date of divorce known, find out which authority terminated the marriage.
- In the registry office - if the divorce proceedings are unilaterally initiated for the reasons specified in Article No. 17 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation,
- In a court - if by decision of the court the spouses were divorced, but the clerical staff did not have time to transfer the information on divorce to the registry office.
Married couples mistakenly believe that after a judicial decision on divorce is issued, they automatically become free people.
Can I get a divorce without notifying my second spouse?
Family Code allows citizens to divorce without notice to a second family member. Spouses apply to the registry office or court. The choice of authority depends on the grounds of the divorce.
The civil registry office has the right to divorce at the request of a man or woman.
- The applicant’s husband or wife has been serving a sentence in prison for more than 3 years,
- The court found the person missing.
A person who did not participate in the divorce proceedings will be able to receive information on family status in the future.
A person can divorce in court if the whereabouts of the second spouse is unknown. A letter of the hearing is sent to the respondent. If the person did not respond to the notice and did not appear at the divorce hearing, the judge decides to terminate the marriage.
If a person missed a court hearing, this does not mean that he is divorced:
- Within 3 days, the judicial office prepares papers for shipment to the registry office,
- Spouses will need to bring an extract from the court decision to the registry office and register the divorce.
Who can get divorce information?
Interest in someone else's personal life sometimes arises for a reason. Suppose that a young couple decides to legitimize the relationship, but a man or woman has doubts about the sincerity of the feelings of the second half. Certain actions of the future spouse give reason to think that he has a different family. Information about whether a loved one is married becomes necessary.
When planning a wedding, citizens themselves begin to worry about the formal completion of previous relationships. A person who was previously married, the question arises: how do I know if I am divorced? So that there are no barriers to legal marriage, people are trying to find out information about the marital status of the future spouse or want to verify their own status.
Outsiders use legal methods to find out if a loved one is in a marriage. These include:
- Confidential conversation. Couples planning to formalize their relationship should not start life with deception. In conversation they can get an answer to a question of interest,
- View page on social networks. With the help of the Internet, any information of this kind is found out,
- Appeal to a private detective. A search specialist will quickly find out if a person is married or not,
- Document recovery. Suspicions arise if a person has lost a passport or birth certificate and is not trying to get duplicates. In this case, it is necessary to insist on the restoration of papers and monitor the reaction of the second half.
How to find out about family status using the Internet?
If a person is limited in cash and has no way to contact a lawyer or private investigator, he tries to obtain marriage information through the Internet. There are resources on the network that offer to find out a person’s marital status online for money. This is usually done by scammers who should not be trusted.
Data on Russian citizens are posted on government websites. According to the law, courts are required to publish the results of hearings and decisions on official pages on the Internet. Access to information is available to all network users.
Reliable data is posted on the following sites:
- "Justice" - A site for searching information on administrative and criminal cases. It is enough to enter the name and surname of the person of interest and click "search", after which the cases in which he appeared will be displayed on the screen,
- RosPravosudiya - Provides extended information about cases, judges, verdicts. In the search form, enter information about the person and send a request for processing,
- “Judicial decisions of the Russian Federation” - a database containing the results of litigation. The user will need to enter information in the search box, after which he will receive a response.
How to find a decision on a divorce by last name
However, the reality is that the court is often too formal in notifying the defendant, who often does not even know about the proceedings in his court. For example, the respondent is registered at one address, but actually lives at another.
When preparing a petition for divorce, the plaintiff can indicate the registration address, the court can request an address certificate with the same address, and the place of actual residence will remain unknown. As a result, the defendant will not know about the time and place of the hearing of the divorce.
The court will deal with the search for the defendant only in the case when a claim has been filed to recover child support. No one will be looking for anyone in ordinary lawsuits about divorce - a couple of attempts to notify and that’s all, the divorce will be carried out in absentia, depriving the other side of the right to protect their interests.
Where and how to get an extract from a court decision on divorce
The registry office provides information and issues documents on marriage or divorce only to the person who applies for them with an application. Find out if the divorce took place through the registry office According to the Family Code, marriage can be divorced through the registry office only on the basis of mutual consent of the spouses.
Therefore, a divorce through the registry office without your consent could not take place. However, there are exceptions to this rule. The registry office may terminate the marriage on the basis of a unilateral application of one of the spouses, if the second spouse is sentenced to imprisonment for a term of 3 years, is recognized dead or missing.
Therefore, theoretically there is a possibility that the marriage was unilaterally dissolved through the registry office.
How to check a divorce judgment
- The spouses have no argument about the children,
- The claim for divorce did not state a requirement for the division of property in the amount of 50 thousand rubles or more.
If these conditions are not met, a lawsuit will be filed with the district court. We learn about divorce through a magistrate's court In order to learn about divorce through a magistrate’s court, you need to go to the magistrate’s website and enter your full name or full name of the respondent in the search section of the “Schedule for hearing cases” section.
The search form on the justice of the peace website looks like this: Residents of the capital need to visit the site www.mos-sud.ru, where they can select the item “Judicial sections of the magistrates” and find the court of interest in the drop-down list. The search form for the cases with your participation will look like this: You can search both by the name of the plaintiff and the defendant.
How to find out a court ruling by name in 2018
To find out if the marriage was dissolved in court without the knowledge of one of the spouses, you should submit a request to the judicial authority at the place of residence and at the place of residence of the spouse (he could have reason to file applications at his place of residence). Even if a court decision on divorce has already been made, this does not mean that the marriage is dissolved. Indeed, from the moment a court decision is made until the moment of registration of the divorce at the registry office, a certain amount of time may pass:
- 3 days after the court decision comes into force, the court will send an extract from this decision to the registry office for registration,
- the spouse who has received an extract from the court decision must contact the registry office to register the divorce and obtain a certificate.
Only at the moment of making a record of divorce in the book of acts, a divorce is considered officially held.
How and where to find out if the husband filed for divorce and was he?
How to find out about a divorce from her husband? IMPORTANT The Internet can find a lot of data, only if the citizen of interest to you knows how to hide information and is very secretive, then finding the necessary data will be an order of magnitude more difficult, if not impossible. You should carefully study the pages on social networks.
So how do you know the marital status of a person through the Internet? The search for a person’s marital status is possible through social networks. Nowadays, many sites, whether Vkontakte, or Facebook, or Odnoklassniki, allow you to search for people by certain parameters.
Among other things, the vast majority of people indicate their marital status on pages on social networks. To summarize. To find out a person’s marital status using passport data will turn out only about themselves - the judicial authorities or the registry office will not disclose the data of third parties to you.
How to find out if a wife, husband filed for divorce
Where and how to get an extract from a court ruling on divorce The decision is usually sent by Russian Post to the address of registration or handed out at the first request. Each person can figure out independently where to get help. In accordance with the Civil Procedure Code, the document enters into legal force after 10 days from the date of the decision. During this period, one of the parties, in case of disagreement, may challenge the decision by filing an appeal. In this case, the document is postponed until the complaint is considered and takes effect after the process. If a person does not dispute the decision, and the term has already expired, then the judicial act acquires the corresponding force. A court decision is a document that carries the formal termination of marriage.
How to get a divorce court decision?
You can find out the final decision from the judge, the secretary. A husband or wife has the right to defend their interests on their own or to seek legal assistance.
It is possible to apply for an absentee meeting in the absence of spouses. The final judgment is handed over to legal representatives or sent by mail.
An extract is sent to the registry office. If the decision has not been received, they apply to the court for a copy. A free-form application contains:
- Contact information.
- Full name
- Passport data.
- Date of consideration.
The husband is hiding, refuses to appear, delays the process, it is impossible to find out the address of residence. The judge, evaluates the information, the behavior of the defendant, has the right to file a divorce at the request of the plaintiff.
Divorce often occurs in court. Indeed, most marriages have minor children, which does not allow them to divorce simply in the registry office. In this connection, the divorce process involves obtaining not only a decision from the court, but also an extract, which is necessary to complete the judicial review. Highlights All Russian citizens have the right to marry and terminate them when they wish. To do this, you must submit an application of this type to the registry office or the court.
After the end of the process of divorce, the court forms a decision. And a certificate from it should be received by each of the former spouses.
The termination process can only be in the registry office, if there are no disagreements and children, as well as the court, if there are such features. If this is the last case, then the person on the basis of the claim must receive a certificate.
Find out if the divorce took place through the registry office
According to the Family Code, marriage can be divorced through the registry office only on the basis of mutual consent of the spouses. Therefore, a divorce through the registry office without your consent could not take place.
However, there are exceptions to this rule. The registry office may terminate the marriage on the basis of a unilateral application of one of the spouses, if the second spouse is sentenced to imprisonment for a term of 3 years, is recognized dead or missing. Therefore, theoretically there is a possibility that the marriage was unilaterally dissolved through the registry office.
To find out for sure, you should contact the central registry office:
- the city where the marriage was registered,
- cities in which each spouse is registered.
A marriage certificate must be attached to the application and asked to provide information on whether a divorce was registered between these persons.
If the divorce is registered, you should file an application for the re-issuance of the certificate of divorce - it will be documentary evidence of the divorce.
Find out if a person is divorced through court
The marriage could be dissolved through the court. And if the plaintiff did not have information about the location of the defendant, notices of the divorce proceedings were sent to the place of his last residence. Having not received a response from the defendant, the court could terminate the marriage at the request of the plaintiff.
To find out if the marriage was dissolved in court without the knowledge of one of the spouses, you should submit a request to the judicial authority at the place of residence and at the place of residence of the spouse (he could have reason to file applications at his place of residence).
Even if a court decision on divorce has already been made, this does not mean that the marriage is dissolved. Indeed, from the moment a court decision is made until the moment of registration of the divorce at the registry office, a certain amount of time may pass:
- through 3 days after the court decision comes into force, the court will send an extract from this decision to the registry office for registration,
- a spouse who has received an extract from a court decision must apply to the registry office to register a divorce and obtain a certificate.
Only at the moment of making a record of divorce in the book of acts, a divorce is considered officially held. On the basis of this entry, a divorce certificate is issued to the spouses.
How to find out if a person is married?
Some people are interested in not only their own marital status, but also information about the marital status of other people. And this is not always just curiosity.
Suppose a man and a woman want to get married. But one of them is plagued by doubts about the presence or absence of previous official relations. Was he married? If so, will this marriage be dissolved? Agree, this is important.
As already mentioned, it is impossible to turn to the registry office with a request about the presence or absence of marriage or divorce from an outsider (even if it is a close person). Such information will not provide any registry office. What else can be done?
- At a certain level of trust in each other, it will not be shameful to ask for documents - a passport, a certificate of divorce.
- If there is no passport or certificate of divorce (or the person says that they are not), invite him to receive or restore documents confirming the absence of marriage.
- Become a "detective" - chat with neighbors, friends, acquaintances of a person whose marital status you are interested in. Do not ignore such a valuable source of information as social networks. It is difficult to hide the fact of marriage or divorce from the public.
- Contact a detective. There are private detective agencies that own ways to get any official information.
Do not trust suspicious online database services that offer for a fee to provide all the information about any person. Most likely, these are scammers.
ASK A QUESTION TO A LAWYER FOR FREE
- Due to frequent changes in the legislation, information sometimes becomes outdated faster than we manage to update it on the site.
- All cases are very individual and depend on many factors. Basic information does not guarantee a solution to your specific problems.
Therefore, FREE expert consultants work for you around the clock!
- Ask a question through the form (below), or through online chat
- Call the hotline:
- Moscow and the Region - +7 (499) 648-11-59
- St. Petersburg and the region - +7 (812) 655-72-96