The Singer sewing machine is a good sewing tool for beginners. It has characteristics that make it easy to operate and use. Skills to hone on such a machine is a pleasure. The main advantage of the Singer brand is the ability of the yarn guide to work automatically. In order to place the thread element in the Singer electric machine, you need to follow the scheme.
Singer threading scheme:
- Place the spool of thread in a special place at the top of the machine. It is fixed with a special holder that will not allow it to fall off while the thread is unwound.
- You can direct the thread with the thread receiver by pulling it and wrapping the bobbin.
- Pass through the holes located on the reel.
- The location of the coil - must be installed in a special place, which is located on the right side of the machine body.
- Press on the pedal, which sets the machine in motion. It is necessary to keep the end of the thread, which is free. This will help to gently wind the thread onto a bobbin, which is suitable for the Singer machine.
- Remove coil ready for operation.
The scheme allows you to wind the thread on a spool that belongs to the machine, and not to reel from its native, factory spool. How to thread a needle into a machine? It is necessary to raise the needle itself, you can do this as much as possible by turning the wheel, which is adapted to control your hands on yourself. Insert the coil into the special holder, which is located on top, on the housing. Raising the holder, place a spool of thread on it, fix the cap.
Next, you need to stretch the thread using the guide for it. After the guide, fix the thread through the spring, which will pull it.
Next, pull the thread into the compartment, above the needle, through the lever adapted to work with the thread guide. After the lever, you must direct the thread back and down. Use a device for lower tension. The lower tension is a small clip located above the needle. The next and final step is to thread the needle. Tuck it in front and stretch it back. Before you work on threading and installing a bobbin, you need to remember to do all the work on the machine turned off, otherwise it may result in personal injury or incorrect installation.
Steps for threading the upper thread in the sewing machine
The upper thread is the one that passes through the spool to the needle and is inserted into the needle hole called the eye. To fill it in a certain type of machine, for example, in a manual (non-electric) machine, you need to raise the foot that presses the fabric, turn the hand wheel, put the needle and thread take-up in the most extreme position from above
How to thread the upper thread:
- Place the coil on the rod designed for its installation,
- Thread the thread from the spool through the upper thread guide eye, it will adjust it under tension,
- Insert the thread from below into the eye of the lower thread guide and put on the needle.
If you skip at least one thread guide, you will have to redo the work again. Need a certain angle of thread for normal operation. The thread is inserted into the sewing needle with a focus on the groove. It is located on the side of its entrance to the needle.
Detailed diagram: how to fill in an old-style sewing machine
Machines of a non-rotor type have an almost identical thread installation pattern. The only difference is its mounting on the machine itself. Modern products have a lot of tips for threading on their case, which greatly facilitates the process itself - it will become more difficult to make mistakes and incorrectly thread.
Thread the needle into the groove, which is located along the needle. It is determined after holding a finger along the length of the needle.
Overlock should be refueled, focusing on the diagram indicated on the cover. There is a scheme for a rotary machine, because such tools for sewing are old-style units.
Threading a rotary machine:
- Fasten the spool of thread on a typewriter,
- Thread the thread in the upper thread tensioner carefully
- Pull it out using a compensation spring that looks like a hook,
- Thread the thread into the thread guide, it has a special hook,
- Having finished with the thread guide, lower the thread down and insert it into the special clamps until the needle.
Rotary sewing machines use a fork that allows the thread to be thrown at you. This replaces the thread guide. Such cars exist, but are rare. These include the machine Rzhev, Volga.
Errors of threading a sewing machine
If the stitch loops, or rings of threads are formed, then this means that the thread is incorrectly threaded into the sewing machine. This happens due to the weak tension of the upper or lower thread. Sometimes it seems that it is worth installing correctly only the bottom thread, and everything will be in order. This is a misconception.
The quality of the line depends on the upper thread.
It is necessary to choose better yarns, preferably those that can cope even with the most harmful fabric - knitted. So that the line does not loop, you need to see if the thread pulls the thread guide. If not, fix this mistake and continue to do what you love.
What other errors can lead to a poor-quality line:
- The spring that regulates the tension of the thread does not press it well. This is determined easily. The foot is released, the thread is threaded into the needle and stretched up. Then the foot rises, releases again and the thread stretches again. These manipulations must be done several times, noting how tight the thread stretches. If the thread does not create any problems with tension, then the tensioner spring is stuck.
- Too much thread tension. It happens that a string literally, like a guitar string, is very tense and strained. This is especially noticeable when stitching on the lower thread. The line winds and unevenly passes. In this case, the lower thread and its tension are adjusted.
- The lower thread is thicker than the upper. The upper thread is the leading link in the entire line. She must be responsible for the bottom. Moreover, the lower thread should be elastic and thin. The reliability of the machine and the quality of the manufactured product depend on this.
How to thread a sewing machine (video)
In all cases of working on a sewing machine, you need to remember that you need to work on it slowly and smoothly. Be careful and be able to care for your assistant. It is necessary to correctly thread it with threads that will help to create masterpieces from simple fabric patches. And if the work done by one’s hands is pleasant to others, inspiration will come every day.