Now many smartphone owners use the unlock method for entering a pattern. This allows you to protect the device from thieves who simply can not get access to the contents of the device. However, sometimes this method plays a trick on the user. The direction of finger movements can be completely forgotten. At such a moment, the owner of the device begins to wonder: “How to unlock Android if I forgot the graphic key?”. In today's article, we will answer this question in full detail.
Using SMS Bypass
There are several ways to remove a graphic key from Android. Not all of them work in the vast majority of cases. But there is one most reliable way. It is to install SMS Bypass. This small and very inexpensive program will allow you to remove the graphic key by sending a special SMS message containing the text “1234 reset". Of course, this code can be changed in the utility settings.
Attention: the application needs to work root access! Be sure to get superuser rights before installing it!
It should be noted that you can install SMS Bypass even on a locked device, if only it was google account. To install, you need to go from the computer to Google play under the same account. Go to the application page and click the "Buy". Then you will be given a choice on which gadget to install the program on. If the smartphone is connected to the Internet, the installation will be made in the next minute.
This way to bypass the graphic key on the phone does not require any investment. No need to install an additional application. You only need to make a call to your number from another device.
Attention: This method only works on older smartphones running Android 2.2 or an earlier version of the operating system. The security hole was later resolved.
The method is to reset the pattern key while making a call. This is done along the way "Settings» — «Security».
Entering data from your account
This method does not work on all versions of Android. It is sewn only in some branded shells. The method of removing the graphic key is five to six attempts to enter it incorrectly. After that, you will be asked to wait 30 seconds.
After further fruitless attempts to make the correct movements with your finger, a window with the “Forgot your pattern?". Click on it, after which you will only need to enter data from your Google account (username and password). If at the moment your smartphone is not connected to the Internet, then you can do this immediately after rebooting. You can also click the “Emergency call"And enter the following code: *#*#7378423#*#*
Manual removal of gesture.key file
Attention: This method only works on smartphones with a modified Recovery menu! If you have never installed third-party firmware, then this method is not for you!
Your graphic key is contained in a text file gesture.key. If you delete it, then the pattern itself will be reset. You can fix it without unlocking the device using the following Recovery menus:
Your actions are unusually simple:
1. Download the utility archive file to your computer Aroma file manager.
2. Move it to the memory card.
3. Insert the card into your smartphone.
4. Go to Recovery menu and install the application.
5. Follow the path "/ Data / system /».
6. Delete files gesture.key, locksettings.db, locksettings.db-wal and locksettings.db-shm.
7. Reboot the smartphone.
8. Enter any graphic key - the device should be unlocked.
If you have the Recovery TWRP menu installed, then you don’t even need to download a separate utility. You can find the file manager along the path "Advanced» — «File manager».
Using a second user
This method only works on devices with root access installed by the application. Supersu and at least two registered users. It is also important that the SuperSU must be turned on multi-user mode.
In order to remove the graphic key from Android, you must:
1. Go to the second user.
2. Go to Play market and install Root browser.
3. Open the installed utility and follow the path “/ data / system /».
4. Delete the following files:
This method will work on many smartphones that have the Recovery menu installed (TWRP, CWN or Standard). Using this method, you will have to not only reset the graphic key, but also delete all other user data - the phone book, SMS messages, notes and some other data. Fortunately, if you have a Google account and synchronization is enabled on your device, then you can easily restore everything. As for photos, videos and music, they will not go anywhere.
To reset the data you need to go to Recovery menu and select the item in it Wipe data / Factory Reset. For different manufacturers, the exit method in the Recovery menu is different:
- Smartphone Samsung First you need to turn it off, then hold down the center key, volume up key and power button. On models released before 2012, you only need to hold the power button and the center key. On smartphones HTC hold the volume down button and the power button. After the image from Andro> On smartphones Huawei It is also recommended to remove and insert the battery. Then you need to hold the power key and the volume up button. After the appearance of the picture with Andro> On smartphones Sony usually one of the above ways to go to the Recovery menu is triggered. An exception is the old models - they may require connecting the device to the computer and installing the program Sony Ericsson PC Suitewhere you need to go along the path "Instruments» — «Data recovery". On smartphone Zte usually it helps to hold the power button and press the volume up key at a certain time (then you need to hold it too). And also perform a data reset by pressing the “Emergency call"And a combination set *983*987#. On devices from Motorola, Archos, Asus and Prestigio the power key and volume down button are clamped. Sometimes, instead of the last, the volume up key is used.
Hike to the service center
An ideal method that works in almost 100% of cases. Just take your smartphone or tablet to a service center. But note that repairs will not be considered warranty. Specialists will be able to unlock the graphic key from Android, but they will ask for money for their work.
Using a Samsung Account
Of course, this method can only be used if you have a Samsung smartphone or tablet. You also had to register a Samsung account, allowing you to use branded South Korean services. If these conditions are met, then do the following:
1. Go to the Samsung Account website from your computer and log in using the “To come in"And entering your username with password.
2. Go to the "Find device».
3. Click the “To find»And re-enter your username (the email address provided during registration is suitable) and password. After that press the blue button “To come in».
4. If you have several South Korean devices, then select the one you need from the corresponding list (located in the upper left corner). Then it remains only to press the button "Still».
5. Press the “Unlock my device».
Today’s guide covers almost all ways to unlock your smartphone. When you forget your password or pattern, you can use one of them. You can also try to reflash the device, for which programs are used ODIN, Flashtool, Fastboot and many others. But this is already an absolutely extreme case, which should be resorted to if necessary.
Password Reset with Google Account
To successfully complete this method, you will need to remember your login details for the Google account to which your smartphone is attached. This method is the easiest and fastest way to reset a forgotten password in the Android OS. After several incorrect attempts to enter the code, the message “You entered the wrong PIN” will appear on the screen. Try again in 30 seconds. ” Click OK.
Immediately after the timer starts, the “Forgot password?” Button appears in the character input window. Click on it. Then, in a new window, enter your email address and password to enter your Google Account. After confirming your identity, the PIN will be reset and the desktop will open.
If your gadget is not connected to the global network, you can use the following trick. On some Android smartphones, you can open the notification center curtain. Click on the Wi-Fi icon. The phone will connect to the router automatically if you have previously established a connection with this router. Thus, you will connect your phone to the Internet even in a locked state. Similarly, you can connect the gadget to the 3G network by clicking on the corresponding icon.
Unlock smartphones Samsung Galaxy
Users of Samsung Galaxy smartphones can easily regain access to their phones with a forgotten password using the standard Find My Mobile feature. A prerequisite is that an Internet connection must be enabled on a locked smartphone. To remotely reset your password, you need a computer or any other smartphone. Follow the instructions:
- Go to the Find My mobile service page from another device by clicking on the link: https://findmymobile.samsung.com,
- Log in to the Samsung Account system,
- Find My Mobile must be activated in your phone’s settings.
- On the main page of the site there is a built-in map that shows the location of the phone. From the right side there will be windows for choosing what exactly needs to be done with the device, by clicking “More”, several contextual blocks will drop out,
Click on "Unlock my device" and enter the password for your Samsung account. The gadget will be unlocked.
Also, we wrote an article: a full reset for Galaxy.
After a successful unlock, a notification will appear on the web page. Take your phone, its screen will be unlocked, and the password will be reset. To set up a new code word or pattern, use the gadget settings. Along with the access password, we recommend setting the fingerprint unlock. Thus, you can instantly unlock the device, even if you forget the code word.
Perform Hard Reset
This method allows you to reset a forgotten key, even on a smartphone without an Internet connection and without root rights. The advantage of this method is the quick recovery of the gadget without extraneous programs and functions, minus - all files and applications will be deleted from the smartphone. Before resetting, we recommend that you remove a removable memory card from your phone so as not to lose all the information recorded on it. Do not forget to remove the SIM card, otherwise the numbers will be deleted.
Follow the instructions:
- Turn off the device and activate Recovery mode,
- On smartphones, this mode can be called up differently. It all depends on the gadget model and the installed firmware version. Most often, you need to hold down the “Volume up” and “Power” keys for 10-15 seconds. The combination “Volume up” + “Volume down” + “Power” can be used,
- A line menu will appear on the smartphone screen. In 95% of cases, it will be displayed in English,
- Scroll between the lines by pressing the volume keys. The choice is the power button. Select “factory reset / wipe data”.
Data reset will start automatically and take up to 5 minutes. Next, the phone will reboot. You will need to perform its initial setup by logging into your existing Google Account. If you previously backed up data, you can use it to recover all lost files and programs.
For Sony Xperia Smartphones
Often, manufacturers come up with simple ways to regain access to the desktop. If a whole phone tracking service with the ability to reset a password was developed for Samsung Galaxy, then Sony decided to do much easier and created a simple code for resetting graphic keys and codes.
The combination is valid on all phones of the Xperia series. On the display, open the emergency call window by pressing the button of the same name. Enter the code * # * # 7378423 # * # *. With it, you can call the manufacturer's service menu. Then click on the “Service Test” tab. A new options window will open. In it, select "NFC" - "Dag Test". After completing the task, click on the "Home" button. You will be redirected to the desktop of your smartphone.