Boil - inflammation and suppuration of the hair follicle and surrounding tissues. An abscess can form on any part of the body, but most often it appears on the neck, in the armpits, groin, on the face, chest, knees, buttocks. If you do not pay attention to this problem in time, boils can greatly increase in size. In especially neglected cases, the patient is subject to urgent hospitalization, since surgical intervention in case of exacerbations cannot be dispensed with.
Causes of boils
Please note, boils do not appear where there is no hairline (soles of the feet, palms). This disease occurs after bacteria enter the follicles through the hair channels. When they become clogged, the bacteria begin to multiply rapidly. Naturally, your immune system begins to fight the infection, while secreting white blood cells. The place where the inflammatory process occurs, swells, swells and blushes. Pus forms inside the cavity. If the boil is not opened and the contents are not completely removed, it will be very painful.
But, before starting the fight against the abscess, it is necessary to find out why this happened. Otherwise, in the future, boils will again appear on the body. After all, if the cause of the disease is not eliminated, the consequences can be unpredictable, up to the formation of carbuncles. So it could be:
- Weak immune system and exhaustion
Perhaps the body of a sick person simply can not cope with the bacteria that got inside. It should be noted that exacerbation usually occurs in the winter-spring period, when a lack of vitamins is especially felt. Often this also occurs after suffering a serious illness. Do not forget that prolonged physical exertion, constant overwork, stress - all this leads to disruption of the nervous system. As a result, a boil on the body.
- Hygiene and skin irritation
If a person does not pay enough attention to personal hygiene, but is washed, for example, once a week (or even less often). If he wears coarse synthetic clothing that rubs his skin. If it comes into contact with chemicals, boils may appear in it.
- Failure of the sebaceous and sweat glands
Excessive perspiration leads to irritation. The salt remaining on the body corrodes the skin. Through microcracks, bacteria that actively multiply in such an environment favorable for themselves begin to penetrate into the follicle. Therefore, if you do not want to cut furuncles from your armpits later, you should not forget about deodorizing and antibacterial agents that are sold in pharmacies and stores.
Symptoms and diagnosis of boils
In the initial stages, we often do not pay attention to the boil, as we take it for an ordinary pimple. Thinking that he will soon pass, the girls, at best, wipe it with alcohol or even leave it alone. At worst, they begin to squeeze. Remember once and for all: if all purulent formations are not removed, the boil will develop even faster and stronger. And if this happens, only the surgeon can help.
Therefore, it is so important to learn to distinguish between acne and boils. So, at first, a person begins to itch a lot. After some time, unpleasant painful sensations appear. The itchy area turns red and gradually swells. The next stage is the formation of an inflamed nodule. The boil acquires a crimson-red color and is slightly extended upward. And the longer you wait, the worse.
After 3 days, tissue necrosis occurs inside the formation. After this, the boil begins to hurt unbearably. Concomitant symptoms: severe headache, malaise, fatigue, high fever (up to 38 degrees). If the abscess appeared on the knee or in the joint area, then any movement will cause discomfort. There are frequent cases of inflammation of the lymph nodes, which are located next to the affected area.
If everything goes well (sometimes it happens, but rarely), then the formed purulent-necrotic core after a couple of days will begin to reject itself. In its place, a small wound forms, which can bleed slightly. A little more - and all the pain, swelling, inflammation pass. The main thing is not to bring an infection during this period.
On average, everything about everything takes up to 12 days (minimum - 8). In the same case, when a complication occurs, the purulent-necrotic process can go beyond the follicle. And then the boil must be removed with a scalpel, but only in a specialized institution.
Often in patients, not one boil appears on the body, but several at once. If this happens constantly, you should immediately consult a doctor, since the formations indicate a more serious disease. It is necessary to undergo a full examination, to pass tests. And only after that it will be possible to start treatment.
This disease is characterized by inflammation of several hair follicles located nearby. And if the boil can pass on its own, then the carbuncle is removed only in the clinic by surgery. In the postoperative period, the patient should properly care for the wound in order to avoid inflammation and repeated suppuration.
Location - head: causes, symptoms and treatment
- Boil on the eve of the nose
Usually the disease occurs as a result of combing the surface of the skin in this area. Staphylococcal infection very quickly penetrates through microcracks and begins to spread. After some time, a person may get teeth, temples, eyes, and sometimes the temperature rises. Perhaps the spread of puffiness in other parts of the face. The nose (wings and tip) is greatly swollen, and the boil increases. If treatment is not started on time, pus can enter the blood vessels.
As in the previous case, the boil appears due to the introduction of a staph infection. Symptoms are almost the same: fever, swelling, redness, pain, swelling. The disease lasts several days, while the condition only worsens.
- Boil in the ear canal
It results from improper care, combing or damage. At first, unpleasant pain in the neck, gums. Chewing or talking may make the symptoms worse. When pressing on the cartilaginous tissue of the ear, where the boil is located, you can feel a sharp pain.
Complications of improper treatment of boils
First, blood poisoning may occur (due to the spread of infection). With improper treatment, when you are trying to squeeze a boil yourself, purulent inflammation of the lymph nodes begins. Of particular danger are the formations that are near the veins. In some cases, an abscess that appears on the face is fatal. Even one boil can cause the formation of metastases on internal organs (liver, kidneys).
Therefore, in no case do not self-medicate. It should be noted that even ordinary acne cosmetologists do not recommend squeezing out with your hands and improvised means (nail files, shoulder blades, etc.). Trust your skin only to experienced professionals who are versed in this problem.
What can not be done with boils
There are a number of rules and restrictions regarding this disease. Often the fair sex forget about them and act at random. Such negligence not only complicates the diagnosis and treatment, but also leads to sad consequences.
So, after the boil has formed on the skin, we immediately go to the clinic and make an appointment. In no case do we treat it with iodine, brilliant green and other coloring products. Otherwise, it will be difficult for the doctor to assess the size of the abscess and the area of its distribution.
Also, do not squeeze the boil, especially if it is located on the face. Firstly, you may not completely clean out the pus. Secondly, you risk damaging the skin and causing the infection to enter the bloodstream. And this is fraught with more serious complications, starting with meningitis, ending with an abscess of the brain.
Please note, you can not pick even a mature boil. Never use piercing or cutting objects on your own. Do you think alcohol completely disinfects the skin and tools? This is the most common mistake we usually make! Doctors sterilize everything in special solutions to guarantee complete safety. After all, some types of infection are not destroyed by ordinary peroxide or 90% ethyl alcohol.
Remember once and for all: if there are no complications, the boil should open itself. And after this happens, put a piece of gauze on the scar and fix it with a band-aid. Change the bandage at least once a day, at least. Avoid moisture, try to prevent water from entering this area of the body.
Cotton wool, non-sterile wipes, pieces of cloth, etc. it is better not to apply to the boil. You should also be careful with ointments, as they can cause irritation or inflammation. And do not forget to consult a surgeon the next day. He will examine the wound and prescribe medication for you. But in no case do not drink antibiotics at random! They can harm your health.
If you or your relatives have not formed a carbuncle in your body (several boils in a small area at once), do not try to treat it. Here, even folk recipes and pharmacy medicines will not help. Only a surgeon's scalpel can cope with this problem.
If you work with food or people, take sick leave! Firstly, on the feet of any disease is transferred a hundred times harder. Secondly, this is a violation of sanitary standards. Think about whether you would like to eat bread or cake baked by the hands of such a person. Was it pleasant for you if the nurse, covered with abscesses, worked with your child.
We treat boils in the hospital: what should the doctor do
First, the doctor examines the boil and the damaged surface to identify the focus of the disease. If surgical intervention is necessary, the patient is given local anesthesia and the boil is carefully opened. After the pus has completely come out, drainage is done. In the initial stages, patients are treated on an outpatient basis.
If an exacerbation occurs, the patient remains in the hospital under the supervision of specialists. You can also be placed in the surgical department if the boil has formed on the face and caused swelling. The patient is prescribed bed rest for a certain time and only liquid food is given.
Prevention: how to avoid the appearance of boils
Now you know what a boil is and how to deal with it. But, you see, it’s much easier to prevent a disease than to treat it later. In order to avoid relapse in the future, firstly, start eating right. Eat as many citrus fruits as they have enough Vitamin C.
Do not eat fatty, spicy, smoked foods. If the boil reappears on the body, try to exclude some meat dishes from the menu: pork, lamb. Replace them with bird, fish. Clean your intestines at least once a week. To do this, you can make a regular salad of raw carrots, beets, apples, cabbage and olive oil. It’s great if you drink a glass of kefir, fermented baked milk, yogurt every night.
To prevent the boil from appearing on the neck, arms or legs, wear comfortable clothing made from natural fabrics. Get rid of synthetic products that cause irritation. By the way, when washing things in the machine, put it on an extra rinse to completely wash the powder.
Follow the rules of personal hygiene! Often a boil is formed in the area where dust, dirt and sweat accumulate. Take a contrast shower in the morning and evening. In the hot season, drop by the bathroom often. Use wet bactericidal wipes at work.
When the first signs of inflammation of the skin area appear, which is manifested in redness, soreness and compaction of the nucleus, You should immediately consult a dermatologist.
He will conduct a visual study, as well as send to the dermatoscopy and tank the seeding of the separated boil to find out the cause and causative agent of this inflammatory process. As a rule, the most common pathogen is Staphylococcus aureus.
Tests to be taken
- tank sowing a detachable boil.
And also for a deeper assessment of the state of the body, auxiliary analyzes are also prescribed:
- blood and urine tests,
- ultrasound of internal organs, including kidneys,
- MRI of the brain and kidneys,
- pharyngeal and rhinoscopy of the sinuses of the nose, to detect a hidden infection in the respiratory system.
This is a study of the skin, using a specific device - a dermoscope. This procedure allows you to clearly establish the diagnosis, it is devoid of any contraindications, very easy to use, completely not painful for the patient, and the diagnosis takes a few minutes.
Dermatoscopy is considered a hardware method that allows you to explore a suspicious inflammatory site in multiple enlargements. It happens in manual and digital form.
- Digital equipped with an electronic dermatoscope, computer and video camera. After a few minutes, the computer displays the analysis data in the color spectrum. Saturated red indicates the presence of a pathological process in the inflammatory area of the skin. The doctor can immediately begin to prescribe tactics and treatment methods.
- Manual Dermatoscopy is a manual device that can increase the infected area of the skin by several times for examination. Very simple and easy to use. Sometimes it is equipped with a camera, a skin image is then displayed on a computer and undergoes further analysis. Sometimes without a camera, but then the professionalism and experience of a doctor is required to make a correct diagnosis.
Before dermatoscopy the patient is not required to fulfill any conditions. Even applied cosmetics do not affect the results. It is very convenient.
Differentiate a boil with other diseases:
- Siberian ulcer carbuncle. With anthrax, the pustule quickly opens and a dark scab appears. Further, the scab grows and new bubbles again appear near it. This is a very rare and dangerous disease.
- Pseudofurunculosis - purulent inflammation of the endocrine glands, which is characterized by the absence of a necrotic stem, which differs from furunculosis itself, with it a high content of pus is released.
- Hydradenitis - purulent inflammation of the apocrine glands, localization foci are located in the armpits, pubic zone, genitals. With it, a necrotic core also does not form.
Also, with differential diagnosis, diseases such as erythema nodosum, deep trichophytosis, scrofuloderma and an abscess on the face should be excluded.
Prevention: how to prevent the appearance of boils?
To prevent the appearance of boils include a whole range of measures, aimed at reducing or eliminating the reasons due to which he could appear. Since furunculosis usually appears with a decrease in the function of immunity, it is important to pay attention in general to hanging the body's health:
- monitor the cleanliness and hygiene of the skin,
- carry out certain skin care with increased sweating and sebum secretion,
- in the presence of already damaged skin areas, regularly treat them with antiseptics,
- treatment of chronic diseases that greatly reduce immunity,
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle, giving up bad habits,
- sports, proper and balanced nutrition, rich in vitamins and minerals,
- reduction of stress, physical and excessive mental stress.
With the first suspicions of furunculosis and the first symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor to make the correct diagnosis and exclude other more dangerous diseases.
With a timely visit to the hospital and with a detailed and large-scale analysis of the causes of the appearance, it is possible to start a quick and comprehensive treatment and quickly get rid of such an unpleasant ailment as furunculosis.
Fast boil treatment
Fast treatment of a boil is a timely treatment. Treatment of a boil directly depends on the stage of the inflammatory process. So, at the initial stage, it is enough to do with the use of antibiotics, which will remove the infection and prevent the boil from developing. If the boil is at the ripening stage, then as a treatment, chipping of the skin where the boil is located is used. For these purposes, I use novocaine or any other antibiotics. Please note that this treatment is only performed by a surgeon in a hospital ward.
Another condition for the rapid treatment of a boil is the creation of rest for the affected area of the skin. Для этого могут накладывать съемные гипсовые лонгеты. Если воспалительный процесс не прекращается, то обкалывание и прием антибиотиков продолжается до тех пор, пока фурункул не вызреет и из него не выйдет некротический стержень.In this case, for fast healing, special dressings are applied with a solution of 1% silver nitrate. Dressings must be changed every day. As a rule, chipping a boil leads to effective results and complete recovery.
It is possible to cure a boil quickly, and at home. For this, the affected area must be lubricated with iodine and a compress of aloe pulp should be applied to it. After 3-4 days, the boil will pass.
Description of the pathology and its causes
The boil is a purulent inflammatory process of the hair sac caused by staphylococcal pyogenic bacteria that penetrate the hair bulb through minor skin lesions.
Acne can be either single or multiple. They are localized most often in places such as armpits, back, face, nape, pubic region. If purulent inflammation appears on the skin, any person immediately begins to deal with this phenomenon and wants to learn how to treat boils at home.
- boil - purulent abscess of a single type (in the throat, under the arm, in the ear, on the nose),
- carbuncle is a large-scale skin that affects several hair follicles, as a result of which acne merges with each other, from two to ten ulcers can merge with each other,
- form - appears in adolescents on the head and face, and consists in the inflammatory process of the deep skin layers,
- the pilonidal sinus is a boil that forms in the intergluteal fold: an infection, as a result of prolonged pressure when sitting, penetrates the hair follicles,
- purulent hydradenitis - multiple skin abscesses that occur as a result of the inflammatory process of the sweat glands and are located in the armpits and in intimate places.
Since with the last inflammation of the skin cover there is no necrotic core, the boil is treated for purulent hydradenitis with the help of surgical intervention and the use of antibiotics. Surgical intervention is necessary to remove the inflamed glands and further prevent the development of infection.
When a large amount of acne is spilled in one place, for example, in the throat or under the armpit, this phenomenon is called furunculosis. In this case, you do not need to look for information about the alternative treatment of the boil, since this is a serious pathology that requires the supervision of a specialist.
Chronic and acute types of pathology are distinguished. The acute appearance is characterized by the simultaneous appearance of many ulcers. Chronic furunculosis can continue for a long period, abscesses either occur gradually, or in separate outbreaks. If a person has discovered the symptoms of furunculosis, you need to see a doctor, and he will tell you how to treat the boil and prescribe the appropriate medication. It is important to know that furunculosis is fraught with complications, such as purulent meningitis and sepsis.
Causes of boils:
- excessive sweating
- microtrauma, abrasions, scratches on the skin,
- non-compliance with personal hygiene standards,
- weak immunity,
- physical and nervous exhaustion,
- recent infectious disease
- violation in the body of metabolic processes,
- sudden climate change,
- a foreign object under the skin,
- unhealthy diet
- ingrown hairs.
The listed causes are the main ones in case of acne. What time is required for the development of a boil? It develops on average in 3-7 days.
Boils with a size of one to two millimeters to five centimeters arise in the spring, because human immunity at that time is weak and more easily influenced by dangerous infections. Folk remedies for boils will be considered below.
Drug treatment for a boil
- Drug treatment of a boil is a course of local, general and non-specific therapy.
- Local drug treatment of a boil is the treatment of the skin around the inflamed area with salicylic or camphor alcohol. Also, dressings are applied to boils, which are moistened with antiseptic solutions.
- A common drug treatment is the use of ointments, dressings and compresses with medications that contribute to a speedy recovery. Chipping of the skin around the boil is possible, as this relieves pain.
- Surgical intervention - this treatment is carried out for large and very painful boils that appear on the head, back, neck, face and interfere with the patient. Surgical treatment, that is, the opening of a boil is carried out only in a hospital and only with the hands of a qualified doctor.
Complete drug treatment of boils involves antibacterial, restorative and immune therapy. In combination, treatment is the most effective and efficient.
Signs of pathology
The development of a boil originates from the entry of staphylococcal bacteria into the hair follicle and their further reproduction. As a result of this process, a painful, cone-shaped and dense red nodule forms at the base of the hair. After a while, it softens, an abscess appears in this place. As soon as it ripens (the process lasts 4-5 days), an autopsy is performed, pus comes out. At this place, a green rod is formed, which in 1-2 days can be extended by pus to the surface. Soon a scar appears at the location of the boil. Proper treatment of pathology allows you to avoid complications of this disease.
The main differences of the boil from other skin inflammations:
- a boil is a painful boil, even if the head is not visible,
- the location of the growth can be the most diverse on the human body: on the head (in the throat, on the forehead, on the temple, in the nose, on the neck, in the ear, in the hair), in the pubic part, in an intimate place, on the elbow, on the leg and arm ,
- the boil (unlike acne) lasts a long time because its head is located inside.
Consider medication and folk remedies for boils.
Treatment of a boil on the cheek
Therapy of a boil located on the cheek should be carried out at an early stage of the disease. This is a purulent, painful and dangerous inflammation. The probability of a safe treatment of a boil on the face with folk remedies and the absence of any consequences will depend on how quickly the patient seeks qualified help.
The most common option for treating a boil on the cheek is surgery. The recovery process lasts from several days to a week. During this time, you need to use compresses and ointments, which will contribute to a speedy recovery.
Eye boil treatment
The boil in the eye is a very serious disease, it can only be treated with medication. At the very beginning of the development of inflammation, a boil can be cured with the help of a popular folk method. You need to boil the hard-boiled egg, and then, until it cools down, apply it to the affected area. Naturally, such a therapeutic method is not suitable for everyone, since there is severe pain from a hot egg, but the result of these actions will be really noticeable. To recover faster, you need to take antibiotics and make healing compresses.
Eyelid Boil Treatment
Therapy of a furuncle, located on the eyelid, requires a whole range of measures that are completely dependent on the stage of maturation of the boil in the patient. For effective and meaningful treatment, you need to seek the help of doctors. The specialist will prescribe a course of necessary antibiotics, as well as solve the problem of surgical intervention.
During treatment of a boil at home, it is advisable to make compresses that help relieve swelling and inflammation.
All boils are located on the skin areas with hair, mainly on the eyebrows. Treatment in this case involves opening the boil, as well as removing the rod and pus. Treating a boil on an eyebrow should be comprehensive. First of all, antibiotics are required, which are taken orally. Compresses are applied to the skin near the boil, it is rubbed with salicylic alcohol, hydrogen peroxide or furatsilina solution. If a large puffiness appeared during a boil, it is advisable to carry out water-alcohol compresses to eliminate it.
Only with abscess formation, surgical treatment of the boil is possible.
On the chin
Various inflammations and rashes on the face are unpleasant, in this sense the boil located on the chin is no exception. The main reason for the formation is skin infection.
In this case, you can treat the boil at home with folk remedies through various compresses and ointments.
Ear Boil Treatment
The appearance of a boil in the ear is possible due to mechanical damage. Due to the resulting microtrauma, an infection gets into the ear, which becomes the source of the problem. It is very difficult to treat such a disease on your own, which is why it is advisable to entrust such a process to qualified specialists.
If it is at the very beginning of ripening, then a compress based on ichthyol ointment will be enough, applying it for a couple of days to the affected area.
Treatment of the ear canal boil
Therapy of a boil located in the ear canal, just like the treatment of an abscess in the ear, requires consultation and control of a specialist. In the early stages, it is permissible to treat a boil with folk remedies while taking antibiotics. Success depends entirely on the degree of maturation of the boil.
The appearance of a boil on the neck is an inflammatory painful purulent pathology that causes many inconveniences to the patient. The main danger of a boil in such a place is that pus and infection from an inflamed pimple can enter the circulatory system or brain. The result is purulent meningitis or fatal venous thrombosis. Treatment of a boil on the neck that is not started in a timely manner will inevitably lead to the development of the disease into a chronic one.
There are a number of ways to get rid of such a pathology. The first is surgery. The next treatment option for the boil is through antibiotics, the use of ointments and compresses.
Is it possible to cure boils under the armpits with folk remedies?
Under the armpit
Under the arm, a boil appears especially often, since hair bags are located in this place, and there is always sweat and infection. If you do not follow the most basic rules of personal hygiene, then the formation of a boil will not be long in coming.
Under the arm, the treatment of a boil includes several stages. First of all - the use of antibiotics and the use of antibacterial ointments. It will not be superfluous to use folk remedies for boils on the body. The worst option for getting rid of the disease is surgery. The specialist will open the boil, install drainage in order to more quickly discharge pus from the inflamed skin area.
Post-opening boil treatment
After opening the treatment is a long recovery process. Direct opening of the boil can be carried out after its maturation or by a surgical method.
After an autopsy, the therapeutic tactic is to block the access of pathogens and infections to an open wound. For this, antibiotics are prescribed for the patient, a comprehensive treatment is carried out in order to restore the immune system and the body. In addition, various compresses with tinctures and ointments are used so that the lesion heals more quickly and protracts.
Breast Boil Treatment
To treat the boil on the leg, you need to bake one small onion. As soon as the onion is baked, it is cut in half and fried until black in a pan, but only on one side. An onion compress is made, and then applied to the boil. This procedure is best done at night. Folk remedies for a boil on the pope are very popular.
Another recipe requires a small amount of copper sulfate, onion, resin and oil. All ingredients are mixed, brought to a boil on fire. As a result, a good ointment from a boil will be obtained. It is applied to the thigh or other part of the body affected by the disease.
The following method: a pair of raw potato tubers is taken, rubs on a grater, is applied after a couple of hours to the boil on the leg.
From a boil, such a folk antibiotic as a mixture of a glass of water and brewer's yeast will help well. Take two teaspoons daily.
Folk remedies for boils: simple recipes
Alternative treatment of boils is an alternative medicine that has been working for many centuries. It is necessary to consider the simplest and most effective recipes for getting rid of boils:
- A bar of laundry soap is taken, crushed. You can wipe the soap on a grater. The resulting powder should be poured into a pan, pour milk. The mixture is boiled for an hour and a half. The result should be a creamy homogeneous mass. The finished mixture is applied to the area with a boil. If the tool is used regularly, then after a couple of days the boil will leave the body. What other folk remedy for a boil is effective?
- Fresh leaves of the agave are crushed, the prepared gruel in the form of a compress is applied to the boil. Such a tool not only perfectly anesthetizes, but also draws a boil.
- The following recipe requires small bags of fabric and linen seeds. They need to be poured into a bag and lowered for a couple of minutes in hot water. Compress is applied to the boil. Treatment of a boil at home and with folk remedies should be under the supervision of a doctor.
- The following remedy will help reduce swelling, accelerate the ripening and opening of the boil. You need to take a piece of newsprint (the best field without text, so that there is no paint on them). Smear with household soap, and then apply to the boil. It is recommended to use this tool every day. How to cure a boil with folk remedies, everyone should know.
- An excellent recipe is also a honey compress from a boil. A spoonful of honey and the same amount of rye flour are mixed. The finished dough is applied for five hours to the boil. After it is removed, you need to rinse with chamomile infusion.
How to cure a boil in the throat with folk remedies?
You can treat an abscess in the throat with raw and fresh burdock roots. It has long been known that this plant is a powerful anti-inflammatory drug. It is capable of secreting antibacterial substances that relieve inflammation. To recover, it is enough to use a small part of burdock 2-3 times a day.
Inflammation passes quickly if you use tincture of echinacea in alcohol. It is diluted in a small amount of water and given to the patient 4 times a day. Tincture relieves inflammation, disinfects, gently absorbs the abscess and prevents it from blocking the airways.
Getting rid of a boil with a bow is a popular method that will help to effectively cure boil anywhere in the body. Below we will consider several recipes based on onions and effectively combating pathology.
- Take a small onion and grate. Stir the resulting gruel with celandine (half a spoon). The finished mixture is applied to the boil.
- How to draw pus from a boil with folk remedies? To boil ripened as quickly as possible, you can make a special ointment. A small onion is taken, rubbed on a grater. Shredded fresh sorrel leaves are added to the onion. The resulting vegetable ointment can be applied at night to the boil, so that it ripens at an accelerated pace.
- The following onion recipe to get rid of the boil will help to quickly stretch the pus, that is, speed up the process of opening it. It is necessary to cook one onion in the infusion of sage. Apply warm leaves of vegetable to boil. This procedure is preferably carried out 4-5 times a day.
Still how to accelerate the maturation of the boil folk remedies?
Garlic Boil Treatment
The most common inflammation in almost every person is a boil. Garlic-based recipes are an effective and affordable folk remedy for boils. You should consider several ways to use it that will help cure an abscess with garlic compresses.
The head of garlic is cut into thin plates and applied to the boil. It is advisable to change such a compress regularly, that is, every 3-4 hours. Thanks to garlic, inflammation will be eliminated, the abscess will ripen faster.
Folk remedies for boils and boils should be used with caution.
If it is at the initial stage, that is, at the very beginning of the inflammatory process, you can make this recipe: the head of garlic is crushed into gruel. The finished mixture is placed on cheesecloth, attached to a sore spot in the form of a compress. Such a tool is recommended to be done at night.
Treatment of a boil with garlic is preferably carried out at home. The listed recipes are very simple and do not require much time to make. However, despite this simplicity, all garlic compresses effectively cope with the boil, eliminate inflammation, and also have an antibacterial effect.
Лечение фурункула в домашних условиях и народными средствами представляет собой комплекс мероприятий, снимающих гнойное воспаление. Терапия может осуществляться методами народной медицины, в домашних условиях, а также у квалифицированных специалистов, посредством хирургического вмешательства. Любой вариант лечения должен применяться своевременно. That is why you do not need to drag it with it when a boil appears.
How to treat boils with folk remedies is now clear to many.
Preventive measures are divided into two types: primary (to avoid the appearance of boils) and secondary (preventive measures against complications).
To prevent the formation of boils, you need to follow a number of simple rules:
- do not disturb personal hygiene,
- do not use soap containing antibacterial substances (triclosan), which kills beneficial microflora,
- when working in a dusty room, do not neglect personal protection, prevent skin rubbing with a belt, collar,
- to limit skin contact with machine oils and oil products,
- use antiperspirants, with heavy sweating, wash more often,
- patients with diabetes need to control their sugar levels,
- avoid hypovitaminosis, starvation, overwork and stress, tidy up sleep,
- eliminate chronic infections, get rid of nasopharyngeal bacteria,
- if the skin is damaged, it is necessary to treat it as soon as possible with antiseptics, wipe it with brilliant green or iodine near the wound, apply Baneocin (ointment) and a dry dressing.
Folk remedies for a boil on the body can be very effective.
When the boil appears, you should touch it as little as possible, keep the skin around it clean, ensure peace and consult a doctor.
If the treatment is timely, then the problem will pass quickly. Therapy depends on the stage of the inflammatory process. The disease can be cured at home, but it is worth doing it only after consulting a doctor.
We examined folk remedies for boils and boils.
“A teal popped up - this expression was probably heard by many from their friends and acquaintances who complained that a sore appeared on their body. And someone himself had to experience such an unpleasant education. And where they just do not appear - on the face, buttocks, armpits. What is this “teal”? Why do boils appear? - Many people are interested in such questions. Try to answer them.
A furuncle, also called a boil - is nothing more than an abscess that arose as a result of inflammation. That is, the hair follicles that are located in the thickness of the patient's skin were attacked by a bacterial infection that developed for many reasons, we will talk about this below. When not one boil appears on the body, but two, three ... and so on, then doctors call this “rash” furunculosis.
Furunculosis develops as a result of the penetration of pathogenic bacteria deep into the skin and the inflammatory process begins. Mostly pathogenic bacteria are staphylococci, much less streptococci.
Favorable conditions for the penetration and further development of bacteria can serve as poor skin care, frequent sweating, various lesions of the skin, and weakened immunity.
The decrease in protective functions, in turn, is caused by frequent physical overstrain, chronic fatigue, and stress. And, of course, an unbalanced diet for the main trace elements and vitamin deficiency.
Furunculosis can occur in any person, regardless of his age. However, it is noted that in most cases, a boil appears in patients aged and, as a rule, prone to obesity. The fact that the disease is inherent in patients with reduced immunity is not in doubt. This circle includes people suffering from diabetes mellitus, who are carriers of HIV infection, as well as patients after a course of chemotherapy as a result of cancer.
In young patients, for example, adolescents, a boil can appear simultaneously with diseases such as pneumonia, tonsillitis, bronchitis, which are directly associated with hypothermia.
It has already been said above why boils appear - as a result of inflammation of the hair sacs. This means that you will never see this formation, for example, in the palm of your hand or foot, that is, where there are no follicles. But on the face, neck of the skin and other parts of the body, even the buttocks, boils appear very often. It is these parts of the skin that undergo furunculosis in most cases.
Sometimes it happens that the abscess "gets" into the nose, the external auditory meatus (ear), "takes off the place" near the genitals and other places.
There is also a specific well-known boil - boil, which is localized in the eye area, called it barley.
The development of the boil has stages. Each of these stages, which usually lasts several days, has its own distinctive features:
- Initially, the patient experiences mild itching in a limited area of the skin. Point numbness and slight tingling do not cause much pain, but there is already some kind of discomfort. This can last several days and serve as a signal for the appearance of a boil.
- In the area where slight tingling was felt, small tubercles begin to appear. It has a reddish tint. These symptoms indicate the development of an inflammatory process. The appeared reddish formation on palpation is dense and causes pain. During the day, the tubercle is gaining in volume, edema is formed around its circumference, pain sensations become stronger.
- After the onset of inflammation, approximately on the fourth day a small whitish dot, the so-called ulcer, becomes visible. It is located in the center of the boil. Pain intensifies. If the boil is located on the buttocks, then it becomes painful to sit, or even impossible. If on hands, then hand movements can cause pain.
- This painful condition lasts several days. The patient experiences severe discomfort. Then there is a breakthrough of the abscess, pus is released from the boil. The condition improves, pain with a breakthrough of the abscess becomes smaller, edema subsides. Skin restoration occurs in a week.
When the boil manifests itself on a body hidden by clothing, the patient, of course, experiences pain, but does not experience severe psychological and aesthetic discomfort. Another thing is when the boil appears, say, in the nose. There are already other symptoms and, therefore, the patient’s condition:
- itching appears first, then the patient feels an unpleasant feeling as if a foreign body is present in the nose,
- then the part of the nose that the boil struck begins to swell, the skin in this place turns red. With intensive development, the cheek and lip swell,
- the patient experiences severe pain when trying to touch the part of the nose affected by the boil,
- the course of the disease is often manifested by fever.
Also, the patient experiences little pleasure when the boil selects the external auditory canal as the place of its temporary shelter. Symptoms of such a localization of the boil are as follows:
- itching in the external auditory canal, which at first does not cause much discomfort,
- the patient experiences a sensation of noise, which is characteristic of varying degrees of congestion of the ear canal,
- palpation of the ear gives the patient severe pain,
- often the disease is accompanied by an increase in temperature,
- purulent discharge appears from the ear.
As mentioned above, furunculosis refers to multiple manifestations of furuncles on the patient's skin. The most unpleasant thing is that, as a rule, they do not appear at the same time (although this is also not good), but one after another. That is, the patient does not have time to get rid of one boil, another appears already.
And this painful period, if you do not carry out adequate treatment, can last a very long time, stretching for months, or even years. In this case, in addition to the pain caused by the boil itself, the patient's temperature can rise to 39C. Or he will experience general malaise and fatigue, headache.
What is dangerous boil
Since boil is a purulent inflammation, the likelihood of its spread to other areas is very high. In addition, the nature of the disease is such that it can provoke the appearance of sepsis, that is, blood poisoning.
Do not self-medicate. This can lead to serious consequences and complications. Why is this dangerous:
- the presence of a boil in the area of the nose or face, ear is already potentially dangerous to the health of the patient. The reason is that the blood in the veins of the faces communicates with the vessels of the brain, and this creates a great risk that the infection will penetrate the brain in this way. Which in turn is fraught with serious complications. Among these complications is a high probability of contracting meningitis - inflammation of the lining of the brain, encephalitis, as well as thrombosis of the cavernous sinus - impaired blood flow. If these complications develop further, in most cases the patient will have a high fever, headaches, as well as the urge to vomit and even the onset of paralysis.
- If the patient has severely weakened immunity at the time of the development of the disease, then it is likely that several follicles nearby can become inflamed at once, with the formation of a carbuncle. The course of this process is characterized by severe swelling, redness of the skin, as well as an increase in temperature, etc.
- It is especially dangerous when an infection seeps into the blood and causes its infection, in this condition, the patient’s body temperature can either increase or decrease, however, in any case, the general condition worsens and, without taking urgent measures for treatment, can lead to death.
When a boil appears, or you determined by symptoms that you are more likely to develop a boil in the nose or ear, you should not postpone the visit to the doctor in the long box. This will help get rid of further problems and possible complications.
First, the surgeon will conduct a proper examination. If it turns out that a further examination is needed, he will definitely recommend it. The patient will have to pass additional tests. Only then, based on the collected data, the treatment will be determined.
If the boils do not heal for a long time, or with developed furunculosis, the patient may be prescribed tests for sugar content to detect or rule out diabetes.
The choice of treatment method for the boil largely determines the stage, location, and the number of rashes.
If there is a single boil on the patient’s body, in most cases outpatient treatment is recommended. When the disease accepts what is called the massive nature of the formation of boils, or when they appear on the face, nose or ear, then the patient is shown hospitalization.
We are treated at home
At home, you can treat the boil both at the initial stage and after its maturation:
- The most popular method is treating the skin with 70 degree alcohol. Boric alcohol and hydrogen peroxide are also used. Processing is carried out with a cotton swab. In order not to injure the abscess, you need to wipe gently, starting from the edges and moving towards the abscess. After the procedure, a sterile dressing is applied to the sore spot.
- You can use boiled onions to draw pus. A thin plate is separated and placed on the abscess, while sticking it not very tightly so that there is room for pus to exit.
- When the boil is opened, you need to treat it with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide. Then apply a swab, pre-moistened in saline solution - this will speed up the process of release of pus. After this, the wound is lubricated with ointment and a bandage is applied, which is changed every day.
When the boil does not pass for a long time, antibiotics can be prescribed. A surgical method for treating a boil consists in opening it and cleansing it from pus. This operation is performed with anesthesia, after completion of the procedure, suturing is possible.
Observe your own body hyena. If boils do not give you a break, consult a doctor. A possible reason for their occurrence in diabetes mellitus or another disease.
Staphylococcus aureus is a bacterium that leads to the appearance of boils on the body, which need treatment . Boil is a skin infection , which is caused by bacteria entering the sebaceous glands or hair sacs. The surface of the skin affected by this type of bacterium becomes red under the influence of the formation of a small seal or bump. This seal is filled with a yellowish liquid, i.e. pus. Purulent inflammation is prone to autopsy, with further damage to the skin.
Most often, boils are located on the following parts of the body:
Groin and buttocks
A boil that appears on the eyelids , it is customary to call barley, and a group of boils is called carbuncles.
People with diseases such as diabetes and those who have problems with the immune system are most prone to these skin lesions. People who eat poorly or improperly or do not follow hygiene procedures are also at risk and have a chance of contracting the disease.