WHO considers smoking one of the most dangerous addictions, along with alcoholism and drug addiction. There are so many harmful substances in cigarette smoke that they can form the alphabet of toxicity. The constant intake of smoke negatively affects a person’s financial situation, since he needs to spend all his time on tobacco, and in the near future also on treatment of its consequences. At the same time, the use of cigarettes in the world is almost not decreasing, and increasingly wider social strata are being drawn into addiction.
The treatment of nicotine addiction is just one aspect of the problem with which the struggle for one’s health begins. The psychological factor should not be discounted, since smoking is a social habit. Former smokers will have to find other ways of communicating, in which it is not necessary to harm your body. Experts argue about the presence of this addiction, comparable to the drug.
WHY IS IT DIFFICULT TO QUIT SMOKING?
The medical aspect in this problem is only one: in tobacco smoke in large quantities contains nicotine, which is well absorbed into the blood. This enzyme is necessary for the work of the stomach, brain, it normalizes the metabolism. After 12-24 months of active smoking, the body ceases to produce nicotine, which gives rise to an effect similar to “withdrawal syndrome”. Of course, it can not be compared with the breakdown experienced by drug users, but there are still few pleasant sensations.
Therefore, nicotine addiction is not a myth, but a reality, and it has already been described in various studies. But one should not exaggerate the severity of the problem. Indeed, drug users completely block the production of a number of enzymes, which is almost impossible to cure without medical intervention (detoxification). For smokers, the situation is completely different, so the path to freedom is shorter and simpler.
VARIOUS MEDICINES ARE USED AS A TREATMENT:
- Nicotine plasters and chewing gum. At first, until the body learns to produce this enzyme again, it can be obtained from the external environment - in the form of lozenges, caramels and other methods.
- Coding. A popular way to get rid of nicotine addiction works only on suggestible people: the patient is inspired with the idea that smoking will lead to death. This method is unscientific and very dangerous for the psyche, can cause neurosis.
- Psychological help. Another thing is the help of a qualified narcologist specializing in the treatment of such diseases. In combination with medications, the percentage of cured patients is very high. A specialist helps not only understand the causes of addiction, but also teaches you how to deal with it.
- Medical facilities. As the most popular options, doctors call varenicline and bupropion. These substances allow you to well and painlessly transfer the "withdrawal syndrome", which often occurs in treating smokers. However, before using the drugs, you need to consult a doctor, since they can have a negative effect on the body, they have side effects.
DOES THE NICOTINE DEPENDENCE HAVE STAGES?
Any disease proceeds systemically: from the moment of occurrence to a severe form, in which cure is almost impossible. Nicotine addiction is divided into conditional stages: early, middle and late. At the very beginning, the disease is characterized by a small number of negative effects and minimal impact on the body. You can abandon a bad habit without outside interference, as well as medications.
The second stage is typical for smokers with an experience of 2 years. Since the body has already forgotten how to produce nicotine on its own, it will have to be received from the outside within 2-6 months after quitting tobacco. At later stages (from 10 years and above), in the presence of irreversible changes in the functioning of the lungs, bronchi, serious medical care, including detoxification of the body, may be required.
CONSEQUENCES OF SMOKING TOBACCO:
- Lung diseases. A wide range of ailments, ranging from asthma to oncology, inevitably leads to a long and painful death.
- Angina pectoris. It is extremely difficult for the body to cope with any kind of physical activity, even with a banal climb up the stairs.
- Wear the heart. Excessively high loads lead to the development of pathologies that will inevitably turn into chronic diseases, premature aging and death.
- Poisoning the body with toxic substances. In addition to nicotine, hundreds of compounds contained in smoke have harmful effects on tissues, bones, teeth and hair.
- Infertility. Both men and women will be unable to give healthy offspring; children will have serious illnesses from childhood.
INFLUENCE OF TOBACCO SMOKE ON THE GROWING GENERATION:
- The degeneration of the body. Vices in the development of the heart, lungs, kidneys and liver lead to the fact that young smokers will live 10-20 years less than their "pure" fellow tribesmen, and the quality of their life will be much lower.
- Decrease in cognitive functions and abilities. It becomes difficult for children and adolescents to learn, learn new information, and remember important data for them.
- The formation of other bad habits. It is noted that it is smokers who drink alcohol more often and become victims of drug addiction.
- Financial difficulties. Even with irregular smoking (about 2-3 packs per week), the young man will need about $ 200 annually, but this money can be spent on more useful purposes.
Thus, among all methods of treatment, the most preferred is the drug option, as well as psychological correction of personality. The elimination of symptoms of addiction alone will lead to a relapse of the disease, so the help of a psychologist is extremely important for effective recovery.
Habit or illness?
According to the classification of the World Health Organization, nicotine addiction is a serious disease that requires qualified treatment. No more than 7% of smokers can give up this habit without the help of doctors - those whose metabolic characteristics allow them to tolerate tobacco abandonment without experiencing almost any unpleasant sensations. Other people who decide to quit smoking face serious problems.
The fact is that when you inhale tobacco smoke, nicotine enters the bloodstream almost instantly, and after seven seconds it reaches the brain and stimulates the so-called nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. The brain sends an adrenal gland signal that triggers an adrenaline rush. In addition, under the influence of nicotine in the blood, the level of glucose and dopamine (“pleasure hormone”) rises. In general, nicotine acts as a psychostimulant: after a smoked cigarette, a person feels a slight euphoria, feels calm and full of energy. The need for the repetition of such sensations gradually develops, the body begins to need to increase the dose of the substance that causes them. It is this effect of nicotine that underlies physical addiction to smoking.
But that's not all. Smoking over time becomes a behavioral stereotype. Simply put, a person gets used to not only inhaling tobacco smoke, but also to the ritual associated with this action. Addiction is further enhanced by the fact that smoking is often a means of communication. Teenagers who are just starting to try cigarettes, their use is often perceived as a sign of independence and high status in youth groups. At the age of 14-16 years for the formation of persistent dependence it is enough to smoke one or two cigarettes a day for a couple of months.
In fact, tobacco use only brings harm to the smoker himself and to everyone around him. The negative impact of smoking on health, working ability and even appearance is proven. This habit is one of the main causes of pulmonary, cardiovascular and oncological diseases. Children of smoking mothers often have delays in physical and intellectual development. In fact, addiction to tobacco is nothing more than drug addiction.
Modern methods of getting rid of nicotine addiction
Most people who want to stop smoking, carry out their first attempts on their own. Confidence that you can quit as soon as you like is typical even for smokers with many years of experience. This is understandable: a person is pleased to think that he has no dependence and is completely free to make decisions and implement them. Disappointments cannot be avoided here. As a rule, in the very first hours spent without cigarettes, the smoker is faced with withdrawal symptoms. Commonly observed:
- sleep disturbances
- difficulty concentrating,
- constant hunger
- intrusive cough associated with the onset of bronchial cleansing,
- copious sputum dark.
In addition, nausea, headache, dizziness and other unpleasant sensations are possible. A man really wants to smoke and realizes that a cigarette will immediately improve his well-being. This exacerbates his suffering and serves as the first reason for the breakdown (return to smoking).
The main mistake of such attempts is the refusal of professional assistance. Turning to a narcologist allows you to get qualified advice on the tactics of treatment of the disease and the use of medicines, based on the individual characteristics of the patient’s body and the duration of tobacco use. Typically, patients are prescribed nicotine replacement therapy (taking substances that are similar in effect to nicotine), as well as treatment that helps to lessen the pain of withdrawal symptoms.
In addition, it is believed that the smoking cessation process is greatly facilitated by the following measures:
- the introduction of large amounts of fruits and vegetables into the diet. It is very important to consume a lot of aromatic herbs (basil, celery, parsley, dill, etc.),
- increase in the amount of fluid consumed (the body must be rid of toxins),
- increased physical activity. Long walks, swimming, running and other sports are welcome.
- taking expectorant drugs (preferably of plant origin),
- abandonment of behavioral stereotypes associated with smoking,
- restriction of strong coffee and alcohol,
- temporary refusal (if possible) from communicating with smokers and visiting public places in which smoking is allowed.
The success of treatment for nicotine addiction is to a large extent connected with the person’s ability to control himself and patiently expect positive results. In fact, they appear very quickly: already on the first day, blood pressure and pulse normalize, a morning cough disappears, after 14 days breathing becomes easier and irritability disappears. After refusing cigarettes, the sense of smell is restored and the appetite improves. This fact causes concern in many patients: they are afraid to gain weight very much. But if you follow the rules of a healthy diet, this kind of trouble is easy to avoid. Over time, withdrawal symptoms subside, and craving for smoking decreases. Experts believe that the brain is completely accustomed to the absence of nicotine for a year.
Anyone can stop smoking. It is enough to realize the presence of the disease and the need for its treatment, to correctly approach the problem, calling for the help of specialists, and success (and with it a significant improvement in the quality of life) is ensured.
Why is smoking dangerous?
The addiction provokes the development of various pathologies not only in the smoker, but also in people who inhale tobacco smoke. Smoking can lead to the formation of the following diseases:
- Lungs' cancer. Over 90% of patients with this diagnosis were nicotine-dependent.
- COPD According to WHO statistics, lung disease occurs in 80% of smokers.
- Malignant neoplasms of the larynx. Over 90% are smokers with many years of experience.
- Impotence. The higher the number of cigarettes smoked, the more likely it is to get sexual dysfunction. So, for example, 1 pack per day increases the risk by 25%, and two - by 45%.
- Infertility. The risk of developing pathology in women increases by 60%.
- Visual impairment. Macular degeneration is another common disease found in tobacco users.
In addition to dangerous diseases, smoking causes other problems:
- bad breath
- yellowing teeth
- change in the quality of hair and nails.
Is there an easy way to quit smoking?
Nicotine addiction is considered stronger in contrast, for example, from alcoholism. This is especially manifested in smokers with many years of experience, they are susceptible to withdrawal syndrome and will cope with the habit much more difficult than those who abandoned it earlier.
To cope with the problem on your own only relying on willpower is almost impossible.
Having smoked over 10 cigarettes a day, a person will need help in the form of special drugs, as well as a consultation with a psychologist and a narcologist. The symptoms of withdrawal syndrome that have arisen can be stopped only through the intervention of specialists and the choice of an appropriate treatment technique.
One of the most popular ways to break the habit of reading A. Carr's book, An Easy Way to Quit Smoking. It describes effective methods that help to cope with nicotine addiction and forget about it once and for all.
Nicotine addiction can form one year after smoking the first cigarette. But not all smokers are in a hurry to give up addiction. Of course, this is not easy, but it is possible! It is only necessary to collect the will into a fist or take the help of specialists and special medicines. Treatment for acquired dependence will certainly be successful!
How to quit smoking?
There is no single answer to this question. It takes only a few weeks for someone to get rid of nicotine addiction, for someone it takes years. Someone prefers to act independently, someone immediately consults a doctor.
Today, numerous methods have been developed to eliminate nicotine addiction.
- To resort to substitution therapy (drugs with nicotine). Various products are presented in the form of plasters, chewing gums, sprays and inhalers.
- Take antidepressants that promote the production of "hormones of joy."
- Contact a therapist and sign up for individual or group classes.
- Take drugs that reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms of cigarettes or cigars.
The effect of smoking on the body
Tobacco smoke contains about 4,000 different components. Resins and nicotine are the most famous, but poisons, heavy metals and aggressive substances have long been considered more dangerous. All of them enter your body through your mouth, trachea, and bronchi. Most hazardous substances are not excreted from the body.
Smoking negatively affects the state of all organs and systems.
- Deteriorating skin condition. Smoke contains a huge amount of free radicals that damage skin cells. Tobacco can cause premature aging. In addition, vasospasms occur during nicotine smoking that slow down collagen formation and disrupt skin nutrition.
- The development of caries. Tooth enamel is constantly damaged by hot air and tar particles. This leads to yellowing of the teeth and the appearance of microscopic cracks on their surface, which gradually increase and become a way for deep penetration of bacteria and acids.
- Respiratory diseases. Rich in hazardous substances, tobacco irritates the lining of the mouth, trachea, larynx and bronchi. Bacteria enter the lungs. For this reason, smokers often suffer from chronic bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Peptic ulcer. Smoking cigars and cigarettes provokes active salivation, as a result of which the effect of hydrochloric acid is neutralized. The digestive organs are corroded. Ulcers appear on the surface of the stomach and other organs.
- Pathologies of the nervous system. Nicotine is a dangerous poison that affects the brain and cells of nerve nodes.
- The formation of cancerous tumors. Carcinogens from smoke quickly enter the bloodstream and spread throughout the body, damaging DNA cells.
- Violation of patency of blood vessels. The walls of blood vessels lose their elasticity, covered with cracks and plaques.
Also, with nicotine addiction, infertility and impotence develop. Smoking can cause many other pathologies and diseases.
Signs of addiction
The following signs indicate the presence of nicotine addiction:
- The inability to abandon a bad habit on their own.
- The severity of withdrawal syndrome, manifested by weakness, decreased concentration and working capacity, depression, severe hunger and other symptoms.
- Tobacco use even for health problems.
- Reduction of social activity. The smoker is able to refuse even communication with relatives for the sake of the opportunity to smoke.
Addiction at the physiological level arises from the special properties of nicotine. Данное соединение может замещать нейромедиатор.
После каждой затяжки никотин:
- проникает в мозг,
- binds to specific receptors,
- stimulates the production of a number of hormones.
If you give up tobacco, the smoker immediately experiences all withdrawal symptoms. Physical dependence is formed over 3-5 years.
If the physical attraction to cigarettes disappears within 1-2 weeks after giving up the bad habit, then the psychological dependence lasts much longer.
Smokers get used to the smoking process. They like to hold a cigarette in their hands, breathe in smoke, easily fill a pause in a conversation, or relax while sitting on a balcony and releasing smoke rings. It is very difficult to refuse such dubious pleasure for others!
Folk remedies for smoking
Treatment of nicotine addiction with the use of folk remedies is popular. This is due to the fact that not every smoker decides to go to the doctor.
What folk remedies can help in breaking a bad habit?
- Oat broth. This tool is one of the most popular and effective. The use of a decoction reduces the craving for smoking and the manifestation of nicotine addiction.
- Air. The secret of this tool is that the use of calamus with cigarettes causes severe nausea. Already after 10-12 days, a reflex may develop. Lingering, you will feel a gagging urge.
Raspberries also help in getting rid of nicotine addiction (tincture of fresh flowers is used).
All drugs can be divided into 2 groups:
- Nicotine-like. These funds work due to the substitution effect. When taking pills, processes begin that occur when smoking. Thanks to this, a person can abandon a bad habit.
- No nicotine. These funds allow you to eliminate any positive emotions from a bad habit and stabilize the emotional background. Smoking becomes bland, and in some cases generally causes irritation. Due to this, when giving up the habit, there is no withdrawal syndrome.
To get rid of addiction, you can use either one or another group of drugs. The treatment for acquired dependence will be successful!
Nicotine replacement therapy
The essence of nicotine replacement therapy in the treatment of nicotine addiction is the use of drugs containing nicotine. This therapy has gained well-deserved popularity. To understand the reasons for this, you should consider the very principle of smoking and quitting addiction.
Abrupt smoking cessation often leads to withdrawal. The smoker is experiencing severe stress, there is a real "breaking", lasting from 5-6 days to several weeks. Drugs that are prescribed for the treatment of smoking contain nicotine in therapeutic doses that are safe for human health. Entering the body, they reduce the manifestations of withdrawal.
Treatment for smoking through substitution therapy is carried out using:
- Chewing gum with nicotine. This addictive tool is easy to use and affordable for many.
- Band-aid. These drugs for the treatment of nicotine addiction are more modern and even simpler to use. It is enough to stick the patch on the skin.
- Sprays. These nicotine preparations provide a quick delivery of the substance into the body. Thanks to this, the withdrawal syndrome stops in just a couple of minutes.
Easy way to quit smoking
Getting rid of nicotine addiction often lasts for months. The smoker again and again wants to smell tobacco, hold a cigarette in his hands and get his portion of positive emotions. An easy way to quit smoking, perhaps, has not yet been invented. Dependence will not recede in a couple of days. You should be prepared for this!
However, coding is called one of the easiest ways to get rid of dependency.
There are several encoding techniques.
- Hypnosis coding. This treatment of smoking is one of the most popular in Russia. During coding, the patient is given the option to quit the bad habit. Also, when coding, the person is inspired by the consequences of taking more and more nicotine doses.
- Encoding by suggestive method. With this coding, the patient is encouraged to think about the dangers of his habit. Treatment for nicotine addiction is quite easy and fast.
- Encoding by the Dovzhenko method. With this coding, elements of emotional stress therapy are used, as a result of which a calm and neutral attitude to smoking and tobacco is formed.
There are other techniques. Tobacco coding is effective only in a central setting.
Consequences of smoking
The main consequences of addiction include:
- chronic bronchitis,
- thinning of the mucous membranes,
- chronic gastritis and ulcer,
- potency reduction
- disturbances in the work of sweat and sebaceous glands,
- periodontal disease.
Also, with dependence, the nervous system suffers.
Cigarettes harm the body of any person! That is why treatment for addiction (nicotine) should begin as early as possible. Coding or other ways can help everyone! The only important thing is to really want to quit smoking!
What changes happen inside the body when a person quits smoking?
On the very first day after you say goodbye to your addiction, you have:
- heart rate stabilizes and pressure normalizes,
- all nicotine will be removed from the body,
- the oxygen content in the blood will increase,
- the condition of the bronchial mucosa will improve,
- the tone of the circulatory system will increase.
About a month after the end of treatment for nicotine addiction, sleep is normalized, the lungs are cleaned, the hair becomes soft, docile and healthy, the skin will get a nice color.
Six months after the end of treatment, the blood will clear of nicotine addiction and the cough will disappear.
In a year it will be possible to talk about overcoming psychological dependence. You do not have to be afraid of nicotine withdrawal.
Do you think that treatment for nicotine addiction will be tedious and long? YES! But you will return to a normal, full life.
The article was written under the supervision of Dr. V. Echeistov.
Rules to help relieve withdrawal symptoms
Smokers try to cope with the habit on their own, denying the fact that this is an addiction and they can refrain from the next dosage without problems. But after several hours of withdrawal, the first symptoms appear:
- sense of anxiety,
- aggression and irritability,
- loss of attention
- feeling of constant hunger
- dry coughing attacks
- the appearance of sputum.
Other signs are also noted in the form of nausea, migraine, dizziness.
Consultation with a narcologist is one way to deal with the problem. During the conversation, the doctor will be able to build a further treatment plan and choose the best medicine. Therapeutic actions should take into account the individuality of the body, the length of the smoker and the number of cigarettes smoked per day.
There are several rules that help with withdrawal symptoms:
- the consumption of fruits and vegetables, as well as the addition of herbs,
- heavy drink to remove toxins,
- a gradual increase in physical activity: running, swimming, walking and other active activities,
- taking expectorant medicines, recommended with a natural composition on herbs,
- changing and avoiding smoking-related behavioral rituals,
- refusal of alcoholic drinks and coffee,
- reduced communication with smokers and avoiding places where tobacco smoke can be inhaled.
Subject to the recommendations, the body begins to gradually clear itself of toxic products. Already on the first day, blood pressure normalizes, and after 7 days the cough passes. After 2 weeks, those who quit smoking note that breathing becomes easy, irritability disappears.
The taste buds are gradually restored, and the appetite returns. During this period, you should follow a diet and avoid harmful snacks.
Complete weaning occurs a year later, by this time all signs of withdrawal symptoms are weakening and completely disappear.
Throw right away
There is a myth that to finally end the habit it must be abandoned immediately. However, experts agree that nicotine addiction should be eliminated gradually. The body needs adaptation, otherwise there is a risk of developing withdrawal syndrome with serious consequences:
- trouble sleeping
- change of mood
- increased anxiety
- aggression, irritability,
- constant hunger
- distraction and inability to concentrate.
A sharp rejection of cigarettes is appropriate if:
- smoker experience does not exceed 3-4 years,
- the number of smoked tobacco products per day does not exceed 10 pieces.
For the rest, this method will not bring results and will only cause a number of unpleasant sensations.
Especially, the method is not suitable for people whose attachment to nicotine is more than 10 years.
Refusal of addiction is divided into several stages, they last at different times and pass easier with someone, but are difficult for others. Each thrower must know what he has to face and be prepared for the symptoms of withdrawal.
|Stage||What is the point?||Tips|
|The decision to quit smoking through awareness and acceptance of the fact that it is worth getting rid of a habit.||The main facts affecting the adoption of a problem and an attempt to solve it: ||You should not set many tasks, for example, add sports and change nutrition. Pay attention to the rejection of nicotine.|
Replace habitual rituals with other actions that do not cause association with a cigarette.
For refusal, you should choose a certain date, which will become the starting point. By this time you need to prepare. It is advisable to give preference to a day off.
|Active actions||There is a complete rejection of tobacco products. At this stage, physical traction that lasts the first week should be overcome. Then get rid of psychological addiction, it accompanies the abandonment for several months.|
Willpower is required so as not to smoke.
|It is worth to refrain from feasts, where there is a chance in the company to smoke a cigarette. Alcoholic beverages should also be excluded.|
At this stage, you need to find a hobby, an activity that will distract from thoughts and desire to drag out.
Get rid of all objects reminiscent of addiction: lighters, ashtrays.
Tune in a positive way, recall examples of acquaintances who successfully got rid of the habit.
|Weakening vigilance||Often, this stage is characterized by the appearance of the illusion that the habit is defeated.|
In this case, control over the situation is weakening and there is a high probability of regaining dependence.
|Stress, or places where smokers may be tempting, re-inhale tobacco smoke.|
It is worth avoiding such places and refrain from the desire to smoke at least one cigarette, as this will provoke a return to the starting point.
|Return of habit||If you fail in time and lose self-control, there is a risk of starting to smoke again. At this stage, the person believes that it will be easier for him to quit again, because he has already gone through it.|
However, when trying to give up nicotine, the smoker realizes that he cannot do this and begins to get angry with himself, feel helpless and a failure. Due to stress, the number of cigarettes smoked is only increasing.
|Try to control yourself, do not let the desire to smoke outgrow. The larger the dosage of nicotine, the more difficult it will be to get rid of addiction.|
To go through all the stages and not break, you should pay attention only to the habit and abandonment of it.
The remaining points should be discarded, for example, do not think about the fact that there is a set of kilograms.
Weaning by stages
During weaning, a person goes through several stages:
- Feeling of happiness. The first day after quitting smoking lasts and is characterized by a sharp rise in mood.
- "Breaking." The next stage lasts 2-4 days. At this stage, the abandonment experiences unpleasant symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, irritability. Sleep is disturbed and the body swells.
- Decisive moment. It comes on day 5-6 and the symptoms of withdrawal symptoms worsen: cough becomes stronger, sputum goes away, nervousness reaches its maximum, hand tremor, nausea. A person has trouble sleeping, breaks down on others.
- Second wind. After a week, the former smoker becomes noticeably better, taste buds are restored, bowel function improves, cough goes away. Horse racing stops. Every month, the body is cleansed of toxins, and significant changes take place: the skin returns to normal, plaque disappears, it becomes easier to breathe.
TOP 10 anti-tobacco drugs
All medications are prescribed, individually based on the history and communication with the patient. So one remedy helps the patient, but for another it will not give any effect. The specialist should rely on the experience of the smoker, how much the addiction has taken root and how psychologically he can cope with it.
After giving up the habit, a large dose of the drug is taken, gradually the amount of the drug is reduced. If necessary, the course is repeated.
|Drug name||Release form||Act|
|Nicorette||Patch, chewing gum, inhalation solution||Due to the nicotine content, habitual cigarettes are being replaced.|
|Tabex||Pills||Suitable for smokers with many years of experience, but has a number of contraindications.|
|Bullfight plus||Pills||If you want to get a new dose of nicotine, you should start to dissolve the pill, which causes an aversion to tobacco products. It is a dietary supplement and is suitable for those whose experience is less than 10 years.|
|Nikomel||Candy for resorption||Refers to homeopathic remedies. It is used at the time of a strong desire to smoke a cigarette. Reduces cravings for nicotine.|
|Zyban||Pills||It is considered an antidepressant. It is prescribed by a doctor to reduce the desire to smoke. There are side effects.|
|Lobelin||Drops or pills||Reception only under the supervision of a specialist.|
|Cytisine||Pills, patch and film, attached to the sky||The course begins after giving up addiction and the effect occurs within 5 days, craving for cigarettes decreases. There are contraindications, therefore, a doctor's consultation is necessary.|
|Nicotinella||Chewing gum||Helps with the occurrence of withdrawal symptoms: improves appetite, fights irritability. There are adverse reactions.|
|Gambazin||Chewing gum||Facilitates health when canceling cigarettes. It has a number of contraindications.|
|Champix||Pills||When used, the receptors responsible for communication with nicotine are blocked. The smoker ceases to experience euphoria from the process, and the symptoms of absorptive syndrome also decrease. Admission is possible only under the supervision of a doctor.|
Your Narcologist recommends: Non-drug methods
If the smoker does not want to use drug therapy, it is possible to turn to non-drug methods.
One of the most popular is stress therapy according to Dovzhenko. This method relates to psychotherapeutic methods and is aimed at instilling into the patient an aversion to nicotine. At the sessions there is an impact on the patient’s consciousness and subconsciousness, after which a persistent reflex is developed in relation to cigarettes in the form of nausea, dizziness. To achieve the result, 1 or 2 lessons are required, after which the smoker does not have a desire to return to the old habit. The method is painless and requires no effort.
Another method that helps to cope with addiction is the acupuncture method. At the sessions with the help of needles from various metals, there is an effect on biologically active points. This method allows you to develop a smoker persistent aversion to the taste of cigarettes and tobacco smoke. However, acupuncture is not supported by doctors, it is believed that this method has a placebo effect.
Prevention of nicotine addiction
Most often, after giving up cigarettes, a person is faced with a psychological dependence, which is difficult to get rid of. If physical addiction gradually disappears as toxins are removed and the body is cleansed, then psychological cravings require a special approach.
To reduce the number of smokers it is necessary:
- Reduce places where tobacco products would be sold.
- Prohibit the media from advertising cigarettes.
- A bad habit is common in adolescents, and it often appears due to imitation of adults.