Modern household chemicals can cope not only with any pollution, but also cause some harm to the human body. Increasingly, people complain of allergic manifestations as a result of using one or another household chemical product. In particular, we are talking about the use of such funds in apartments where small children live. Many modern mothers are faced with the fact that their babies suffer during contact with those surfaces that were previously treated with household chemicals. In such situations, when you need to maintain cleanliness in the apartment and at the same time worry about the health of your child, many mothers have come up with a great option that perfectly combines these two points. In this case, we are talking about cleaning using only natural products, in particular laundry soap. Some women even manage to make this tool on their own. After reading this article, you will learn the simplest options for making laundry soap.
The benefits of cooking soap at home
The first and most important advantage is the complete naturalness of the finished product. Due to its unique properties, this tool can cope practically with any pollution. Another advantage of this tool is its cheapness. In other words, for its preparation you will need simple improvised tools that are in any home. In addition, the prepared portion is enough for a long amount of time.
Preliminary preparation for the soap production process
To prepare a high-quality soap with your own hands, you will need to prepare all the ingredients in advance. In the process of cooking, be sure to adhere to safety precautions. The thing is that you will directly work with alkali, and this carries a certain degree of danger. To protect yourself from various injuries, be sure to wear household gloves. It is advisable to wear a respirator, so you will not be in contact with the vapors that will be released during cooking. You can also put on an old bathrobe so you don’t stain your clothes with soap particles.
In order to finally get one and a half kilograms of soap, you need to take a certain amount of ingredients. So, you need to prepare 400 milliliters of cold water, 150 grams of caustic soda. You will also need sunflower oil in the amount of one liter.
The simplest technology for making laundry soap
The technology for preparing laundry soap from scratch is not so complicated. First of all, you will need to carefully pour soda into the water and begin to stir slowly. As soon as you begin, be sure to turn on the cooker hood for cooking, open all the windows so that there is as little vapor as possible in the room. We mix the soda with a wooden stick until it is completely dissolved. Then, gently pour the soda solution into the preheated oil. Do not pour sludge with insoluble soda into the oil. It must be repaid with vinegar or citric acid.
Begin to slowly stir the solution, after a while you will begin to notice that the liquid will begin to whiten and thicken. As soon as you see these changes, immediately plug in the mixer and use it for cooking. If you choose this recipe, then at the end of the cooked mass should resemble thick sour cream.
Begin to carefully pour the prepared mass into molds. The next day the soap will thicken, you should take it out and place it on a pallet so that it fully ripens within 3 weeks.
Features of liquid laundry soap
Many modern housewives claim that liquid laundry soap is much better than a solid base. To prepare it, you will need to take 100 grams of ordinary laundry soap, 20 grams of water, a teaspoon of corn starch and potassium hydroxide. Initially, you will need to thoroughly grind the soap on a plate, pour warm water and put in a water bath. Within 20 minutes, the soapy mass will become transparent. To speed up this process, you can add a little sugar to the mixture. After that, remove the solution and leave it for about twenty minutes, so that it cools completely. Then add potassium hydroxide, due to which the soap in the future will always be in a liquid state. Then add corn starch and mix thoroughly.
In conclusion, it should be said that laundry soap is a unique tool that can be used for a variety of purposes. Very often they are even recommended to wash the dishes, since conventional products harm the human body, in the case when the soap simply eliminates pollution and does not carry any danger.
1 Benefits of Handmade Soaps
First of all, such a product is safe for the body. You select each of its ingredients yourself, without using various mixtures and additives of dubious quality. Many industrial household chemical products often have irregularities in the preparation or selection process. They can cause liver disease, decreased immunity, dermatitis and other diseases.
You can independently choose the type of soap that you will prepare. It is necessary to proceed from individual needs, as certain components can be designed to cleanse, rejuvenate the skin, or to give it a pleasant smell.
Soap cooking also affects the family budget. You can save a lot of money, since the cost of materials in this case is minimized.
The process of making soap is interesting and creative, which gives you the opportunity not only to make your own hygiene product, but also to get aesthetic pleasure.
to menu ↑
To make a liquid laundry soap at home is not difficult. You must understand that the process is primarily creative, having a lot in common with cooking. In this case, there are no clear concepts about how much to put certain ingredients. The exception is only the chemical part responsible for the structure of the soap. You can add essential oils, seasonings, dyes and flavorings to your taste.
to menu ↑
3.1 Liquid baby soap for everyday use
It has an excellent moisturizing effect and is perfect for delicate baby or female skin. For him you will need:
- Baby soap or remnant. A dye-free product is best.
- About a tablespoon of glycerin. It can be purchased at every pharmacy.
- Essential oils. They should be selected independently according to their own taste.
- A decoction of herbs. It can also be done independently. Mint, thyme, calendula or chamomile are perfect for this. You can do herbal preparations that have a pleasant smell for you.
- First you need to make an infusion of grass. Collect pour about 10 tablespoons of filtered water. The container with the resulting mixture must be put on fire and brought to a boil. After a few minutes, remove the broth from the stove and let it brew for about half an hour.
- The infusion needs to be filtered. Add so much water to the resulting volume to get a total of 10 glasses of liquid.
- Baby soap should be grated. One bar should be enough for a glass of chips.
- Add the resulting chips to the broth. After turning on the fire, you need to constantly stir the solution, gradually dissolving the soap in it.
- The mixture must again be removed from the heat and cool. You also need to remove the foam and add glycerin in the above amount.
- Essential oil should be added gradually, since a large amount of it can make the supply too strong.
- You can add food coloring to the soap.
- The resulting mixture must be poured into a jar with a dispenser.
3.2 Home-made instant soap
The advantage of this soap is the speed of its preparation. Most of its components are in the home of every housewife. Of the extra kitchen items you will need a bowl and a regular blender.
- Three tablespoons of cold water without impurities.
- Citrus essential oil.
- A tablespoon of honey.
- A tablespoon of glycerin.
- A glass of water brought to a boil.
- A bar of soap or a few remnants.
- Before cooking, soap should be put in a warm place. It should be soft for ease of use.
- After the bar has acquired the desired consistency, rub it on a coarse grater.
- Use a blender to move the mixture of soap chips and water.
- Add honey, glycerin and oils to your taste. It is best to use citrus, as it has a pleasant neutral smell.
- The resulting mixture should be left for about 15 minutes.
- Then dilute the solution again with a cold ode and beat with a blender.
- Soap can be poured into a container with a dispenser and start using it.
Despite the simplicity of this recipe, you will get a quality soap, the analogue of which will be difficult to find in the store.
to menu ↑
3.3 Vitamin Nourishing Soap
To prepare a liquid soap with various beneficial properties, you need to adhere to a clear recipe.
- Essential oil or several types of it.
- Vitamins A and E are oil based.
- 10 glasses of water.
- A piece of soap or a few remnants.
- The chips that should be prepared in advance must be filled with the above amount of water.
- Put a saucepan with the mixture on the fire and slowly bring it to a boil.
- After that, remove the pan from the heat and add glycerin in the required proportion. The product must be mixed well.
- In the cooled mixture, you need to add all of the above vitamins and a couple of drops of essential oil.
When preparing soap for sensitive skin, you can add more oil. Olive is ideal, as it has a pleasant smell that does not interrupt the rest of the aromas.
You can also make a scrub soap. To do this, you can use any abrasive. Almonds, clay and coffee are ideal.
to menu ↑
3.4 All-Natural Soap
To make a liquid soap with your own hands at home will turn out even without using soap from the store. It will take much more time, but you will get a completely natural product that has a lot of useful properties for the body.
- Potassium hydroxide flakes - 310 grams.
- Jojoba or Shea Butter - 85 grams.
- Castor oil - 280 grams.
- Distilled water - 930 grams.
- Coconut oil - 680 grams.
- Olive oil - 280 grams.
Alkali can be dangerous, so you need to work with it as carefully as possible. You will need protective equipment in the form of glasses and gloves. It is also worth working in a constantly or periodically ventilated area.
- Before starting work, you need to weigh all the ingredients, and then put them in a steam bath.
- Be sure to wear gloves and safety glasses. During the preparation of soap, the windows in the room should be open.
- The lye must be weighed and added to distilled water. Put this component in small portions, stirring the resulting mixture. Lye should be added to the water, not pour it. The reverse procedure may cause a chemical reaction.
- Pour alkaline solution into the oil. It is important to avoid bursts, as if it enters the code, the mixture may leave marks or burns on it.
- Use a blender with a dipping nozzle to mix. The mass should be thick. Beat it until it reaches the consistency of the paste.
- Continue cooking over low heat. The cooking process may take approximately 6 hours.
- As a result, you get about 0.5 kilograms of pasta. Its color must be transparent. It should add 935 grams of water. The paste will dissolve in about two hours, so you have to stir it constantly.
- Add the essential oils of any smell to your taste in the resulting mixture. Dyes can also be used if desired.
- For more efficient use, the resulting product can be bottled with dispensers.
The resulting product does not contain preservatives, which is why you need to use it quickly. After a year, it needs to be thrown out, since spoiled ingredients will become harmful to the body.
to menu ↑
4 How to make liquid laundry soap?
Many housewives prefer to use household soap in everyday life, as it contains a large amount of alkali. It is often used for washing clothes, as it makes the gels for machines more effective. It is also useful in removing complex stains.
- Laundry soap - 200 grams.
- Boiling water - 2.5 liters.
- Soda ash - 400 grams.
- Essential oil of your choice.
- Soap should be grated.
- Pour chips with approximately boiling water in a volume of approximately 1.5 liters.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a saucepan and put it on low heat. The composition must be constantly stirred. The oil should dissolve gradually, so that the mixture cannot be brought to a boil.
- In another container, dissolve soda ash in 1 liter of water.
- Mix soda solution with soap and mix. Bring the mass to a homogeneous consistency.
- The gel must be cooled, then add the essential oil to it. It will give the detergent a pleasant aroma. If you plan to use it as a gel enhancer for washing, then essential oil can be omitted.
If the product becomes thick, it can be stirred with water, bringing to the desired consistency.
Recommendations for use:
- Liquid soap can be used in the same way as store soap.
- For one refueling machine for 5 kilograms, approximately 1,500 milliliters of gel will suffice.
- You can pour the mixture into a drum or a special container into which powder is poured.
- The gel prepared according to the above recipe is not suitable for woolen fabric.
The gel dissolves well in water without leaving a stain on your clothes. It is easily rinsed from the fabric.
to menu ↑
5 How to make liquid soap from laundry soap?
Laundry soap is used not only for washing, but also for washing hands. In the manufacture of such a product should also adhere to certain recommendations.
- Laundry soap - 1 bar.
- Boiling water - 100 milliliters.
- Table vinegar - a dessert spoon.
- Castor oil - a tablespoon.
- Honey is a tablespoon.
- Sunflower oil - a tablespoon.
- Sea buckthorn oil - a tablespoon.
- Vitamin E - a teaspoon.
- Chlorophyllipt - a teaspoon.
- Essential oil to taste.
- Glycerin - half a tablespoon.
- Soap should be grated on a coarse grater.
- Pour boiling water into the shavings and allow to dissolve.
- Add honey, sunflower oil, sea buckthorn oil and castor oil to the resulting mixture.
- Next, put in the composition of apple or table vinegar. This will reduce the amount of alkali in the soap.
- The liquid should be brought to a uniform concentration, then add vitamin E, glycerin and chlorophyllipt.
- Mix the resulting mass with a mixer. The mixture should come out airy and bright.
- For a pleasant smell, add the essential oil to your taste.
In the process, you can also use shower gels and various shampoos with these or those properties.
to menu ↑
6 Useful Tips
- So that the soap does not thicken, you can add a little alcohol solution to it. A small amount of this substance will not affect the properties of the product, but will allow it to remain liquid for a long time.
- You can add various decorative elements to the soap, among which the most popular are sparkles. As a rule, such a product is suitable for girls. In the manufacture of gift items, you can complement their appearance with rhinestones and other decor.
- If the child will use soap, it is better to make it on a natural basis without dyes and preservatives.
7 Expert opinion
“Even our grandfathers made soap from improvised means. You can make a large supply of laundry soap, which will last a long time. Caustic soda is used in the recipe, which is why precautionary measures should be observed. In addition to it, you will need 3 kilograms of fat or oil, cold water and herbal tea. Soda must be displaced with alkali and wait for the reaction to complete. Melt the fat to 30 degrees, then mix it with water and soda. Stir the mixture gradually, giving it a uniform consistency. Pour it into forms and leave it for a month " - writes Internet user Alex.
What is natural soap?
Natural soap is made without the use of fat substitutes, artificial colors and flavors. In its manufacture use only natural components (essential oils and decoctions of plants). Therefore, such a cosmetic product is harmless to the skin and is suitable for children.
Another advantage of using handmade soap is the inclusion in its composition of medicinal components, many times increasing its benefit for the skin. Examples of such components are various valuable vegetable oils (olive, almond, coconut, burdock) and plant extracts (extracts from ginseng, medicinal chamomile).
How to make natural soap?
Natural soap at home можно приготовить с использованием органической мыльной основы, почти полностью состоящей из природных компонентов. In the manufacture of such a product, only valuable vegetable oils and refined fats of animal origin are used. It also contains alkalis, essential oils and natural dyes. With the independent production of this cosmetic product, you can completely control the process of its manufacture and avoid adding chemical additives that are present in its industrial counterparts.
There are several ways to make natural soap on your own: hot (soap is boiled for several hours) and cold (the soap mass is kept under certain conditions for a long time).
IMPORTANT! The whole process of its manufacture takes more than a month. It takes so much time to get a neutral pH.
How to choose a soap? Read the label
To purchase natural soap you need to know its main differences from synthetic, which is made from refined products. When choosing it, you should pay attention to the following criteria:
- Transparency. It should be borne in mind that soap cooked from vegetable or animal oils and alkalis is not completely transparent. Such a product can only be obtained by adding glycerol during the cooking process, which impairs its foaming ability. Therefore, on an industrial scale, various chemical components are added to this soap to eliminate this drawback.
- Appearance. A natural product is less attractive than a store product. It does not have bright, saturated colors and can crumble slightly from contact with water, which is quite acceptable.
- The aroma. Real natural soap has a neutral smell. The presence of a mild aroma of essential oils or other components (chocolate, decoction of herbs) is allowed.
- Composition. The package of natural soap must necessarily contain a complete list of the components that make up its composition. Saponified oils should be indicated first (they should contain the largest amount), and then all other ingredients.
Important! The list of ingredients should not contain surface-active substances (surfactants), softeners, stabilizers, preservatives and dyes.
Types of natural handmade soap
Natural soap made at home can have a diverse composition and serve different purposes. Its most popular types are:
- Dairy. The main component of this soap is natural milk (cow, goat, soy or coconut). It is characterized by a very mild effect on the skin, as well as gentle nutrition and hydration.
- Coffee. This is a fairly versatile soap that perfectly removes grease and odors. If you add ground coffee beans or sea salt to it, you can get a wonderful homemade skin scrub.
- Baby. Such a product contains the maximum amount of moisturizing components. In its manufacture, decoctions of herbs (for example, chamomile) are often used.
- Fruit. Adding juice (pulp) of fruits and vegetables allows you to get not only an interesting color and smell, but also enhance the properties of natural soaps, such as the ability to moisturize, nourish and lighten the skin.
- Gardening. This soap is ideal for hand care after gardening. It perfectly cleanses and disinfects the skin. The antiseptic effect is achieved through the use of tea tree or patchouli oils.
- For shaving. Its characteristic feature is increased foaming. And the presence of special additives in the composition helps to further soften the hairs before removal.
The composition of home soap production
AT composition of natural soap, prepared independently, usually includes the following components:
- Ready soap base. It is purchased separately in stores specializing in soap products, or is prepared on its own.
- Base oils. These components of natural soap allow you to saturate the skin with vitamins and other useful substances that contribute to the process of regeneration, cleansing and moisturizing the skin. Most often, olive, almond, castor, palm, coconut, sea buckthorn oil are used as basic ingredients.
- Essential oils. They are responsible for the pleasant aroma of natural soap, and also have a positive effect on the digestive, immune, respiratory system of a person. Essential oils of orange, patchouli, sandalwood, bergamot, lemon, lemon balm, lavender are used as ingredients for soap making at home.
- Dyes. For self-preparation of soap, you can use ordinary food colors, which are safe and easy to use. Often in the process of soap making, natural pigments are used, which help to create clear patterns, but can slightly obscure the base.
- Decorative and functional elements. To enhance the beneficial effect of using soap, some additional components are often added to it (for example, in peeling soap - ground coffee, sugar, sea salt or clay). Adding dried parts of medicinal herbs allows not only to decorate the appearance of the finished product, but also to increase the efficiency of its use.
Recipes, how to make soap at home with your own hands?
In order to make natural soap at home Some of the following simple guidelines should be followed:
- grind the soap base and dissolve it in a water bath,
- add base oil at the rate of 3 tsp. per 100 g of soap base,
- add a small amount of milk (water) or sugar during melting to obtain a more uniform consistency,
- after the base is melted, essential oil, dye, glycerin must be poured into it,
- add other components (coffee, salt, clay, dry herbs),
- pour the mass into shape
- spray alcohol on the surface of the soap with a spray gun to avoid bubbles on the surface,
- place in a cool place (refrigerator) until completely solidified,
- remove the finished product and use as directed.
For beginners, soap recipes can recommend a lemon soap recipe, which is quite simple to make. To make it, you need to take:
- 1.5 cups of soap base mixed with goat (or other) milk,
- 4-6 drops of essential lemon oil,
- zest of 3-4 lemons (finely chopped and dried beforehand),
- a small amount of dried herbs to choose from (lemon balm, linden, chamomile, lavender).
Heat the soap base with goat milk until completely dissolved in the microwave (or in a water bath). Add lemon zest, pour in (pre-cooked) herbal broth and essential oil. Mix thoroughly, pour into a mold and put in the refrigerator for the night. Remove the frozen soap from the mold and use as directed.
Natural Russian soap
Among the Russian brands of natural organic cosmetics can be distinguished natural soap firms "Spivak" and "Krasnopolyanskoe". They are in great demand among the fair sex due to the ability to effectively cleanse, moisturize, nourish the skin, as well as fight against the manifestations of acne. The composition of the soap of these manufacturers includes salts, natural oils, wax and other natural ingredients that gently care for the skin.
Natural Laundry Soap
Natural household soap is one of the most popular and economical ways to solve the problem of cleanliness. Its main purpose is hand washing, washing clothes in cold and hot water, as well as stain removal. Laundry soap is made from natural raw materials and is absolutely safe for human health.
Among other manufacturers of natural soaps, it is possible to note the Chamomile soap, which contains valuable almond oil, avocado and shea butter, as well as the medicinal collection of herbs such as licorice, licorice, and yarrow. Suitable for gentle skin care of all ages (especially children). It has a moisturizing, matting and anti-inflammatory effect.
Why are synthetic additives dangerous?
Synthetic additives present in store soap significantly reduce its cost, but cause dryness, tightness, irritation and peeling of the skin, as well as various allergic reactions.
Important! In some cases, the chemical components of hygiene products can trigger diseases such as bronchial asthma, chronic runny nose, or eczema.
The most dangerous synthetic additives that make up a regular store soap include: surface-active substances (surfactants), solvents, stabilizers, artificial colors, perfumes and fragrances.
What soap to wash the newborn with?
When choosing soap for an infant, preference should be given to products of trusted manufacturers with a good reputation who are able to ensure the quality and safety of products at all stages of production.
The main requirements for high-quality baby soap are:
- hypoallergenic soap base,
- lack of synthetic components
- neutral pH level.
Before the first use of a new care product, it is necessary to test for an allergic reaction in the child. To conduct it, you should soap the child's hand in the wrist and wash off after a few minutes. It is necessary to monitor the site of exposure for several days. In the absence of redness or other negative reactions on the skin, the soap can be recommended for use.
The best soap for a newborn
To determine which soap to wash the newborn, you need to consider all of its available varieties:
- Liquid. This soap has an optimal composition and is suitable for caring for young children. It does not dry and does not irritate the baby's skin, and its gentle and gentle effect is suitable for daily use.
- Cream soap. The composition of this product usually includes glycerin, which gives the skin softness. Such a tool is great for bathing a child. However, before buying, you should carefully familiarize yourself with the composition, since some manufacturers add fragrances and fragrances to the cream soap.
- Solid soap. Such a tool is chosen for a child older than a month and is used no more than once a week. It can be used to wash baby clothes and bedding.
We analyze the ingredients in the composition of baby soap
Care for children's skin needs particularly soft and delicate products. This effect is achieved due to the special composition of children's natural soap. It should include saponified oils and fats, plant extracts and other natural components. If there are extra ingredients in the composition, you need to know exactly what they are, because many of them can cause allergic reactions in a child. Therefore, preference should be given to natural soap with the simplest composition without fragrances, lanolin and beekeeping products.
The use of natural handmade soap contributes not only to high-quality cleansing, but also to the necessary hydration, nutrition and restoration of the skin. This allows you to significantly reduce the use of various makeup products, since many of its functions are already performed by this cosmetic product.