The shelves of pet stores are full of many types of industrial finished professional cat food. Many of them, especially the economy product line and the super-economy class product, can cause irreparable harm to the health of your furry pet.
Owners who sincerely want to see their animals happy for many years often think about cooking food for cats at home. Sometimes this is prompted by an animal disease, in which dry food is prohibited. Not every owner can afford to purchase expensive high-quality dry or wet canned professional feeds for a cat based on the latest technologies. Cheap feeds richly flavored with artificial flavors, odor enhancing colorants, attracting animals, can cause a food addiction similar to narcotic. In this article, we will consider what a cat can cook from homemade food.
Some owners immediately feed their pets natural food, while others come to this later, appreciating the benefits of this type of food. Products for this are almost always available in the refrigerator, they are much cheaper than ready-made purchased feed.
Many owners want to independently create a healthy home menu, preferable for a sensitive cat’s stomach, without preservatives, sugar, chemicals, bones, reducing the risk of food poisoning, allergies, and you can always control the menu and pet diet.
Natural Food Requirements
Dishes prepared independently by the owners of fluffy handsome men will be useful, suitable for pets if certain rules are observed. You need to understand - a careless attitude to the issue of feeding can cause harm, lead to disease, the death of a family friend. It is necessary to observe the nutritional norms that this individual is able to eat in nature. It is important to adhere to the following requirements:
- the cat's daily diet should contain a sufficient amount of animal components, omega 3 and 6 fatty amino acids,
- home-cooked food should be complete, balanced, taking into account physiological natural needs, age, breed characteristics, activity, sensitivity of the digestive organs, state of health, gender, providing the animal with the necessary amount of energy. All this requires a certain experience, analysis. To develop a natural menu is under the guidance of a veterinarian to carefully calculate the nutrients necessary for the cat, to obtain all the necessary elements in the diet,
- mandatory weighing of products, strict accounting of the volume of food. The pet himself does not know how much food he needs. The result of this approach is often obesity, digestive, heart, respiratory problems. The danger is both an overabundance and a lack of nutrients,
- cat food should contain the necessary trace elements (necessarily phosphorus, calcium), including vitamins,
- a portion of the feed should be completely eaten.
Nutritional Needs of Cats
In nature, cats lead a predatory lifestyle, eating birds, small rodents. Their jaws are able to tear off, bite off pieces of meat, but they swallow them completely, whole, because do not have chewing teeth. Animals can eat food in pieces, eat chopped food, dishes in the form of pastes, cereals.
The cat family, like all other predatory animals, carbohydrate products are not recommended, they are not split in the stomach and cause harm. The preferences of a person and a cat are different, although pets can enjoy a favorite dish of the owner. There are capricious individuals, content with a certain type of product, indifferent to the rest.
Cats need feeding with a high content of fats and proteins, the latter they need twice as much in volume than dogs. The diet of the pet is carefully planned taking into account the accepted feeding. The nutritional formula for a cat is simple: half the ration should be protein (meat), 1/4 fiber - vegetables, 1/4 carbohydrates - cereals.
Features of allowed natural food:
- the main share of the diet (more than 85%) should be meat: low-fat chicken, beef, rabbit meat, about 8% of body weight - up to 6 months of age, after a year - about 4%. Chicken requires careful introduction to the diet, as it has recently caused severe allergic reactions. The meat is given scalded boiling water or boiled with the addition of vegetables, a few drops of vegetable oil. Pork is strictly prohibited,
- fish: marine, non-fat varieties - once a week, in order to avoid urolithiasis, instead of raw meat, uncooked or only boiled (hake, pollock, blue whiting, tuna) to prevent severe anemia, without bones. Mackerel, haddock, flounder, salmon, cod are allowed. Freshwater fish should be necessarily boiled to eliminate problems associated with the defeat of cats with helminths, and the destruction of a harmful enzyme - thiaminase. It is not permissible to feed castrated cats and sterilized females with fish products,
- dairy products: kefir, cottage cheese of medium fat content, less than 5%. You can’t add milk to the menu. Lactose in adult cats is poorly absorbed due to the lack of an enzyme - lactase, but pets carrying the product can be given boiled as a source of calcium into the body. Cheese, cream, sour cream - heavy products for the pancreas,
- offal: liver (in the raw state relaxes the intestines, in boiled form it acts as a fastening effect), kidneys, lungs, heart (contains a lot of taurine necessary for cats) - served raw a couple of times a week. Not all cats can digest them. Liquid stool, vomiting - an excuse to refuse this food,
- eggs - quail, chicken are allowed, as an independent dish and added to fermented milk products. They contain a lot of biotin, which strengthens the coat,
- vegetables - almost everything is allowed except potatoes, cabbage, beets, fruits - except citrus fruits, bananas. You can combine several species or focus on one product preferred by your animals. They are given raw in crushed form, as a separate dish or mixed with meat. Not digestible, needed for good digestion,
- cereals and bran - useful for peristalsis, contribute to the maintenance of beneficial intestinal microflora. You can give cereals: rice, buckwheat, oatmeal,
- oils: olive, pumpkin, linseed - envelop the mucous membrane of the digestive system, normalize their work,
- greens collected far from the city limits, sprouted rice or oats are given periodically.
A vegetarian diet that is useful to humans, predators, is contraindicated, it negatively affects well-being, causing blindness, cardiac arrest, death, regardless of the addition of the necessary vitamins to the food.
Kittens up to 2 weeks old are fed every 2 hours, a kitten aged 1 - 2 months - 5-6 feedings, a kitten 3 months - three to four times a day, six months - twice. Adult cats leave food uncleaned, they can be allowed to eat as much as they want, or feed 2-3 times a day. In the neighborhood of several individuals in the house, it is necessary to ensure that they do not eat someone else's food. Sterilized and neutered animals are fed once a day.
It is important to give food for cats at the same time to develop the right diet. Meat, long-digested food, left for evening feeding. Permanent access to food is not necessary to avoid overeating and obesity.
After eating, cats usually rest in secluded places, they should not be disturbed. In case of refusal of food, vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, fever, it is urgent to seek the help of a veterinarian.
Remains of food in a bowl for a long time do not leave - acidification, spoilage of products can cause poisoning of the animal. Product that is not eaten within an hour is thrown away.
How to teach a cat new food
Cats quickly get used to a certain type of food, so they can initially refuse innovations. Continue to offer a new diet to your pet, sometimes replacing it with a completely familiar food, the beast will be interested in the product over time.
You can begin to introduce the ingredient, adding it to a regular feeding little by little, replacing it completely after 1-2 weeks.
Self-compilation of a menu for cats begins, if ready, to correctly calculate the amount of necessary components, nutrients. If you are a busy person, traveling a lot or working, who can provide proper care and nutrition to your little friend?
The animal needs not only boiled, but also raw food or prepared food, supplying the body with important substances, amino acids, which are destroyed during heat treatment. In this case, the best solution will be feeding industrial feeds that can give all the vital components.
How to cook food
After studying feline needs, you can begin to make a menu for cats. At the same time, it is important to maintain balance, because when using excessive amounts of nutrients, a pet may have serious health problems. This will require a lot of time and financial resources. Feeding natural foods requires a competent approach. With such a vital issue, it is best to seek the help of a veterinarian.
Homemade food for cats should be at room temperature or slightly warmed up. The pieces are given small: the cat eats quickly, large parts may not be digested, cause vomiting.
Dishes for feeding
Better suited are special bowls intended for cats, expanding to the bottom - they roll over less and slide less. Their size contains a single serving of food, the food does not crumble, does not spread on the walls, bottom. It is not recommended to use dual containers at the same time with water and food: often food gets into the liquid, the animal refuses to drink.
Natural nutrition is convenient, it allows you to control the weight of pets, the amount of nutrients, mineral and vitamin supplements. But it requires the correct calculation of the daily allowance, otherwise the animal cannot avoid health problems in the future. For different ages, the volume of food is individual.
How much adult food is needed
For a mature animal, the amount of feed is prepared at the rate of 5% by weight of the pet. With a cat weighing 4 kg, food needs 200 g, the composition is the same as for babies: equal shares of meat and sour-milk products. You can mix a few vegetables in food (10-15 grams) and a couple of drops of vegetable oil.
Weighing an adult cat separately is not always possible. You can do the following: stand on the floor scales with the animal, after subtracting your weight, as a result there will be a lot of fluffy friend.
Access to clean filtered water in cats should be constant, it is important that the fluid is always in sight. Fluffy pets, like all mammals, need it. Often, cats prefer to drink from large, deep dishes: buckets, basins, ignoring small bowls.
A large dog bowl will serve as an ideal container: the water will remain clean for a long time, it is difficult to turn the dishes over. The cat adjusts the amount of necessary fluid on his own, drinking the right amount. You need to monitor elderly animals, because constipation that appears may indicate a violation of the water balance. To get rid of problems with the intestines and eliminate dehydration, cats are transferred to feeding semi-liquid food.
Cats are even more gourmet in food than humans. This is facilitated by their origin and long-standing habits. Monotonous food quickly bothers them, a change in diet is necessary at least a couple of times a week. If it is impossible to cook often, prepare dishes of long storage.
What do cats eat from homemade food? It can be home-made dry food and minced portioned food stored in the refrigerator.
How to cook dry food
This type of food is convenient to use, you can take it with you on the road, it does not take up much space. But cheap industrial feeds contain a ton of hazardous chemicals that can kill an animal. High quality feeds are not available to every feline owner. Therefore, self-made dry food, created from high-quality natural products, dried to a certain moisture content, will be an excellent substitute for expensive prepared foods. It is also convenient on the go, has a long shelf life. Cat food can be prepared from virtually any home-based product. It all depends on the owner’s imagination and taste preferences of the pet. The main thing is that it should be useful and have good taste. Cats are happy to eat such a tasty, inexpensive food.
- 500 g of beef liver,
- carrots, cottage cheese 500 g each,
- eggs - 2 pcs.
- cottage cheese, zucchini, beets - each 100 g.
Products are grinded independently by a meat grinder, eggs are driven in, everything is mixed. The resulting stuffing is molded in the form of meatballs or cutlets, distributed on a sheet, sent to the oven for drying for 40-50 minutes. It is taken out, after cooling it breaks into small pieces.
- 500 g of liver
- 500 g of hearts
- 1 kg of chicken soup set,
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup boiled cereals (buckwheat, barley, rice - can be alternated).
The meat is beaten, finely chopped, minced together with hearts, liver, carrots with the help of a combine. The resulting paste is evenly spread on a baking sheet or silicone sheet, baked, dried in the oven for 40 minutes. Cuts, breaks into small pieces. It is stored in the refrigerator for a long time.
Is it possible to make food with your own hands?
Cooking at home is easy. However, home-made, self-made food will be different from bagged food made at the factory. Dry and wet cat food, made independently, is rather considered one of the methods for a long time to provide a pet with natural food. It is recommended to use recipes in situations where the cat is on natural feeding, and the owners do not have enough time for daily cooking. Liquid cat food can be stored in the freezer for a long time, and dry food in containers.
First of all, the owners of a kitten or a more adult cat will need to determine the type of meat, which should make up the bulk of the pet’s diet, for cooking natural food at home. Veterinarians recommend giving preference to turkey, chicken, rabbit and veal. What kind of meat it will be is unprincipled, the main thing is that it does not have skin and fat. Homemade cat food can be prepared immediately with several types of meat products.
In addition, the diet for cats should contain carbohydrates that a pet can get from cereals. It is recommended to give preference to brown rice, buckwheat, oatmeal and wheat porridge. Do not do without vegetables. Often they make cat food with cauliflower or broccoli, pumpkin, zucchini, beets and carrots. It is strictly forbidden to put garlic, onions and spices in food. It is recommended to include a small amount of offal in the menu. An ideal option would be a chicken or turkey heart. Boiled eggs, liver, and kidneys are also added to the feed.
The ingredient composition is selected according to the recommendations of veterinarians. To make wet food, you need to follow this algorithm of actions:
- Purchase meat. It is important that the meat product must be fresh and of high quality. Better to buy from trusted sellers. Veterinarians do not recommend using minced meat.
- Process the meat. First of all, you need to wash your hands thoroughly, and then separate the meat from the bones. Next, you need to cut it into convenient slices and pass through a meat grinder.
- Prepare offal. Their amount should not exceed 10% of the total feed volume. Products also need to be passed through a meat grinder and sent to the refrigerator.
- To prepare a suspension. To make the finished food as useful as possible, it is recommended to add taurine, vitamins from group B and E, and egg yolks. These components will need to pour a small amount of water and mix thoroughly.
- Mix the ingredients. In a convenient container you will need to combine prepared meat, offal and suspension.
- Pack and send to the freezer.
Prepare a delicious dry food like this:
- Prepare the ingredients. Hard vegetables are recommended to be boiled, meat - frozen or cooked.
- Pass components through a meat grinder.
- Mix meat and vegetables.
- Send the resulting mass to a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees and leave the dish in it for 90 minutes.
- Cut into small slices.
- Send in a convenient container with a lid or bag that has a clasp.
A popular natural dry food with offal and chicken consists of the following ingredients:
- 1 kg of chicken stomachs and hearts,
- 300 g chicken liver
- 4 pieces of chicken necks,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 морковь, кабачок и свекла,
- 200 г бурого риса,
- 3 ст. l оливкового или растительного масла.
Рецептура сухого лакомства с телятиной:
- 1 кг молодого мяса говядины,
- 1 tbsp. l овсяных хлопьев,
- 1 яйцо.
Ингредиенты понадобится пропустить через мясорубку, перемешать и отправить духовой шкаф сушиться, как описано выше.
Для влажного кошачьего корма понадобится больше ингредиентов. Рецептура его приготовления следующая:
- 1 кг мяса индейки, курицы или телятины,
- 200 g chicken liver and hearts,
- 259 ml of purified water
- 2 raw yolks,
- 1 sachet of gelatin
- half a teaspoon of fish oil,
You should first agree with your veterinarian exactly which vitamins will be added to the wet cat food. We need to discuss their dosage. It is allowed to add cereal flour, dried seaweed, bran to the dish. The ingredients will need to be prepared in the manner described above.
How to store?
Saving wet cat food is recommended in bags or containers. If we are talking about the latter, then they should not be too crowded. It is necessary to leave 2 cm on top, which will allow the product to expand when frozen. Then the cat owner will need to make notes on containers or packages. They indicate the type of meat and the date of preparation. It is permissible to take advantage of the help of glass jars in which the prepared food is stored longer. However, it is important to pay attention to the fact that such banks should be designed not only for canning, but also for freezing.
When you need to feed a cat with cooked food, you will need to get it out of the freezer and thaw. Veterinarians do not recommend using a microwave for these purposes. To speed up the defrosting process a little, it is recommended to dip a container with a treat in hot water. Dry food is stored in a container for 2-3 months at a temperature of 25 degrees.
Homemade natural dishes
These recipes will take a little effort, time, which is important for busy modern people. With the help of such dishes, your pets will always be full, satisfied.
Liver with oatmeal:
- chicken liver, beef,
- half a cup of oatmeal
- frozen green peas,
- dumb sunflower oil.
The liver is boiled or stewed. Oatmeal is boiled. The crushed liver is mixed with peas and oatmeal.
Chicken breast with vegetables and rice:
- half a glass of rice
- 1 breast
- 2 glasses of water.
Breast, rice boiled. The meat is minced, mixed with rice and grated carrots.
Diet for allergies:
- 2 cups chopped lamb meat
- half a glass of zucchini or carrots,
- a glass of boiled dark rice,
- 50 g of cottage cheese
- a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder.
Beat the ingredients with a blender, feed warm.
The composition of the diet for cats
A cat is a predatory feline mammal. Like all predators, it mainly eats meat. Meat products should make up up to 80% of the cat's daily diet, of which 10% can be in the form of offal. You can use any meat, in a limited amount only pork - it is harder to digest and contains a lot of fat.
The remaining 20% of the cat's diet should be vegetables, cereals, potatoes, legumes, greens, eggs (2-3 per week, not more). From feline vegetables, cabbage (Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower), carrots, spinach, celery, pumpkin, and squash can be given. What your cat prefers, then include in the menu. Onions and garlic should not be given to cats - these products are feline toxic. Homemade food should contain a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals, so it is recommended to add vitamin-mineral pellets recommended by the veterinarian or tablets for cats to ready meals.
It can be difficult for a cat to immediately switch from canned food to a natural diet, therefore it is wiser to give her wet canned food to begin with, they are closer to home food in appearance and taste. If there are other animals in your house (for example, a dog), you will have to cook the cat food separately, since the composition of the diet is different for them: the cat needs a lot more protein. There are many simple recipes for cats, at least some of them will surely appeal to your pet.
Raw chicken with vegetable pilaf
For pilaf you will need: 1 glass of brown rice, two large carrots, several stalks of celery and a glass of green peas or green beans. Pre-steamed rice, grate celery and carrots on a coarse grater. A mixture of rice and vegetables pour 2 cups boiling water and cook for 20-30 minutes. Cool the prepared pilaf to room temperature, add 2 tbsp. vegetable oil (preferably olive). This amount of pilaf is enough for several feedings, it can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Before giving the cat the right portion, to the vegetable pilaf, add raw skinless chicken fillet cut into small cubes.
Chicken with mashed potatoes and egg
Boil 2 potatoes cut into pieces, cool to room temperature. Download to blender, add 1 tsp. butter, 100 g. raw chicken, 1 egg. Mix the ingredients until mashed. This dish is great for small kittens and old cats. If you use boiled chicken meat, such food can be prepared for the future, for a couple of days, and stored in the refrigerator.
Broccoli pureed meat
- raw beef - 100 g,
- broccoli or cauliflower - 50 g.,
- vegetable fat - 0.5 tsp,
- calcium gluconate - 1 tablet.
Cut the beef into small pieces, sort the cabbage into inflorescences, boil and grind it in a blender, grind the calcium gluconate tablet into powder. For cooking, you can use canned cabbage from baby food. Mix everything, pour oil on top.
A small carrot, 100 g of frozen chicken fillet or beef meat grate on a coarse grater (you can take ready-made minced meat). Add a tablet of calcium gluconate, a handful of finely chopped nettle or lettuce, ¼ cup green peas, 1 raw egg. Form small cakes and bake in the oven or microwave - lightly, just so that they do not disintegrate. Such pancakes can be stored in the freezer, and warmed in the microwave as necessary.
Fish contains minerals, essential amino acids, is rich in fat-soluble vitamins, and just like meat, it serves as a source of protein. Suitable for preparing cat dishes: pollock, hake, cod, mackerel, pike, salmon, halibut, trout. Low-fat fish is an excellent food option for cats with excess weight, but because of its low calorie content, it is not recommended to give it to pregnant and lactating cats, as well as kittens.
Salmon with rice and egg
100-150 g of salmon to separate from the skins and bones, cut and stew or cook in a double boiler. ¼ boil a glass of rice until it’s “gruel,” boil 1 egg hard-boiled and finely chop. Mix everything, add a couple of tablespoons of vegetable fat, a few finely chopped branches of dill or parsley, a tablet of a vitamin-mineral complex or calcium gluconate. Such a dish can be prepared for future use and stored in pans or bags in the freezer.
Gourmet fish platter
Boil the fillet of sea or river fish and cut into small pieces. Cook rice like regular porridge, grate raw carrots. Mix all the ingredients, adding sprouted wheat and olive oil. For one serving of food you will need:
- 250 g of fish fillet (it can be replaced with a can of canned fish in oil),
- 4 tbsp rice
- 1 small carrot,
- 1 tbsp sprouted wheat
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 0.5 cups of small shrimp or 4-5 large ones,
- 1 medium-sized carrot,
- 0.5 hard boiled eggs,
- 1 tsp olive oil.
Boil the shrimp for 10-15 minutes, remove the tail portion from the shell, chop with a knife Raw carrots and grate hard-boiled egg or grind in a blender. Mix everything and add vegetable fat. Such a delicate and delicious salad with an appetite is eaten even by the most fastidious cats.
The internal organs of animals and birds are very useful for cats. They contain proteins, fats, essential amino acids (including such an important for the cat's body as taurine), vitamins and minerals. If your cat is reluctant to eat liver, heart or kidneys, these offal can be included in meat or fish dishes, or mask their taste with cereals or vegetables.
Delicate chicken offal pate
To prepare a portion of the paste, you will need:
- 200 g chicken giblets (heart, liver, stomachs),
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 carrot
- several sprigs of parsley or celery.
Gently fry the giblets in oil, boil the carrots. Pass everything through a meat grinder and add finely chopped greens.
Liver with cabbage and oatmeal
The recipe is designed for 4-5 servings. Pilaf can be sorted into bags and frozen, then you can only get a bag out of the freezer and warm its contents.
For the dish you will need:
- 0.5 kg of liver (chicken, rabbit or beef),
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 0.6 cups of inflorescences of broccoli or green peas,
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower or olive oil.
Cook the liver and cabbage and cut into small pieces, steam the oatmeal with boiling water. Mix everything by adding vegetable fat.
Offal and vegetable stew
For 4-5 servings, you need to take:
- 0.5 kg of a mixture of chicken giblets,
- 1 small carrot
- half medium sized zucchini,
- 1 cup pearl barley, buckwheat, oat or corn grits,
- 2-3 tbsp. l olive oil.
From raw offal to make minced meat, rub the vegetables on a coarse grater, cook the grits. Mix everything, add oil. This dish can be prepared for future use and stored in a freezer, packaged in bags.
Soups should be an integral part of cats' natural nutrition. The body of these predators needs fiber, which contains boiled vegetables and cereals, and in the process of cooking from meat or fish, many useful substances pass into the water. Cats suffering from diseases of the stomach or intestines and small kittens are especially in need of warm soup.
Examples of a cat's menu for the day
Cat rations from cooked homemade food (based on animal weight 4.5 kg).
- breakfast: 30 g of cottage cheese, 1 chicken egg, water,
- lunch: 40 g of cottage cheese, 30 g of chicken hearts, water,
- dinner: 70 g of rabbit meat, 40 g of cottage cheese, water.
- breakfast: 15 g of vegetables, 50 g of boiled fish,
- lunch: 20 g of kefir, 45 g of cottage cheese,
- dinner: 20 g of kefir, 70 g of lean meat.
No. 3 (write to all tricks):
- 500 g of beef,
- 2 hard boiled eggs,
- 1,5 - 2 cups of rye crackers,
- chopped parsley.
Boil the meat, grind it with a meat grinder along with the eggs, mix the ingredients with breadcrumbs, herbs, dipped in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Give the cat a half-baked form.
Which foods are dangerous?
Before you go to the kitchen to prepare food for your pet, you need to consider several factors. It should be understood: the products you like can be feline.
- chocolate, products with cocoa beans - contain theobromine, toxic to animals,
- onions, garlic, grapes, raisins,
- tomatoes, eggplant,
- sugar, salt, soda, food baking powder,
- sweets (sweets, cakes) cause diabetes, allergies,
- artificial sweeteners
- tea, coffee, products, medicines from a human pharmacy containing caffeine,
- dog food (dry, wet), as has a different composition:
- pork, lamb,
- bones, heads, tails, paws can cause bowel obstruction, injuries of the digestive tract,
- semolina, millet, corn porridge - useless food,
- pasta, flour - cause obesity, constipation, colitis,
- the remains of human food (fried, smoked, baked),
- raw eggs
- veterinarians do not recommend feeding cats with raw meat purchased in markets, in stores - it often contains dangerous hormones, antibiotics,
- pickled vegetables, fruits,
- freshwater fish - the risk of infection with helminths,
- mushrooms - the cat’s body does not digest, does not produce enzymes that can break them down, the cat can even be poisonous,
- Nuts - not digested, can cause a severe allergic reaction, up to respiratory arrest.
Feeding your pet a natural menu requires a competent, attentive approach. You need to spend a lot of time, often a lot of financial means, to provide the animal with a varied, balanced menu. A cat, like us, cannot constantly eat the same product.
It is especially important to monitor the nutrition of patients who have undergone surgery, pregnant, young and suffering from chronic diseases of animals. In such cases, it is best to listen to the veterinarian or feline health professional to exclude hazardous foods. Sometimes even wholesome food is harmful if you use it in excessive quantities.
Before you sit yourself at the table, you should feed the animal. A hungry cat is especially sensitive to the smells of human food, begins to beg for food, then eats with increased appetite, which over time causes obesity.
Be attentive to the behavior of the pet: an unsuitable product must be immediately eliminated, replaced with another. If your family friend has a good appearance, it is peppy, healthy, playful, then the diet is drawn up correctly. So, the food prepared with your own hands will give your pet good health, a long, happy life, excellent health.
Meat soup with semolina and yolk
100 g of meat scraps or chicken, a small washed and peeled carrot pour 0.5 liters of water and cook for half an hour. Then, stirring vigorously, add 1-2 tbsp semolina, 1 tsp. butter, raw yolk, keep on fire for another 5 minutes. Before serving, you can remove the meat from the soup and chop it finely with a knife.
Broccoli Diet Chicken Soup
Boil chicken meat (about 100 g) in a glass of water, cook several inflorescences of broccoli in a double boiler. Grind the ingredients in a blender until mashed, pour a little warm broth, add 1 tsp. butter. Adult cats and kittens are happy to eat such a dietary dish, it is also recommended to cook it for cats that are capricious in food, who have a habit of eating meat and leaving vegetables in the feeder.
Low Calorie Fish Soup
Low-calorie meals are recommended for sterilized and neutered animals, as well as older cats prone to obesity. To make fish soup you will need:
- 0.5 l of water
- 100-150 g lean fish (hake, pollock, pike),
- small carrot
- 2 tbsp any cereal
- ¼ tbsp sunflower oil (optional).
Butcher the fish, cook together with cereals and grated carrots on low heat for 0.5 hours. Then remove the fish, remove the spinal bones from it, cut and return to the broth.
Meatball Cream Soup
- minced meat (any, except pork) - 100-150g.,
- rice - 1-2 tbsp.,
- carrots (a small slice),
- asparagus beans or green peas - 2 tbsp.
Method of preparation: boil a soup of rice and vegetables in 0.5 l of water, add small meatballs formed from minced meat 10 minutes before the end of cooking. Remove the meatballs, beat the rest with a blender, then return the meat balls to the soup. You don’t need to crush them, the cat will like to get whole pieces of meat from the soup.
If you want to pamper your pet, accustomed to ready-made dry food, croquettes can be prepared with your own hands. They are not inferior in taste to the store ones, but, of course, much more useful and safer, because they do not have any preservatives or artificial flavor enhancers. Preparing such a delicacy is simple: the ingredients are crushed in a blender, mixed, the resulting porridge mass is spread with a thin layer on a baking sheet and baked in the oven at 100 ° for about 20 minutes. Then a still soft layer of food is divided into small pieces and dried in the oven for another hour. Here are some options for a homemade dry food product kit.
- ground beef - 0.5 kg,
- beef or chicken liver - 0.2 kg,
- boiled rice - 1 glass,
- calcium gluconate - 4 tablets,
- vegetable fat - 1 tbsp
- beef liver - 0.5 kg
- oatmeal - 1 cup,
- eggs - 2 pcs.,
- fish oil - 1 tbsp. l
- chicken or beef heart - 0.5 kg,
- chicken liver - 0.3 kg
- boiled carrots - 150 g.
- unsalted crackers - 300 g.
If you feed your cat correctly, then it is healthy, active and looks good. How to feed her - with her own prepared dishes or ready-made croquettes and canned goods, is decided by the owner of the pet. It takes more time and effort to organize homemade meals. But cats, like humans, appreciate the manifestations of attention and love, and they often more willingly eat food cooked specifically for them. And fresh food made from healthy products, even if it is alternated with canned cat food from the store, will be a great addition to your pet’s diet.
Delicious homemade croquettes with their own hands: video recipe