Consumer electronics stores are littered with a variety of tablets. At first it seems that they all differ only in size and price tag. Even outwardly, the devices are very similar! How to choose a suitable model? The simple answer is to read this article. We promise that after reading the material you can easily choose the most suitable tablet for yourself.
Sometimes, when choosing a tablet, the consumer is guided by secondary parameters. We wish you to avoid these errors. Some characteristics are not mentioned in this article precisely for the reason that you should not pay attention to them. In a word, we will be happy if this guide helps you!
Choose an operating system
An operating system is a collection of utilities available on any fairly sophisticated electronic device. It is its presence that allows "ordinary" applications to use the hardware capabilities of the gadget, provides interaction with the user, etc. Modern tablets are equipped with one of three popular OSes: iOS, Android or Windows. And on the shelves of stores there are "tablets" on which a couple of operating systems are installed right away. But this is more an exception to the rule and applies to the combination of Android / Windows.
The most stable operating system is iOS. It is optimized as much as possible, due to which it does not need a large amount of RAM. Choosing a tablet on iOS, you get a well-thought out user interface and a huge number of diverse applications. But be prepared for the fact that many of them will be paid. This OS is the property of Apple, so it is installed only on its iPad tablets, the cost of which is higher than devices with Android or Windows on board. But the products of the Cupertians have the longest technical support, and the performance of even the older generations of “apple” gadgets is not inferior to competing offers built on modern hardware platforms. The huge advantage of the entire iOS device family is the availability of a convenient ecosystem. Of course, in order to take full advantage of it, you need to be the owner of more than one device with an apple on the lid. The reverse side of iOS’s closeness is the complexity of direct exchange of user files and the limited customization of the interface. Well, the inability to expand the available memory scares many potential buyers.
Pros: easy to use, easy to learn, has a developed and convenient ecosystem.
Minuses: the platform is closed, memory cards are not supported, problems with the exchange of third-party files, the inability to customize (installing themes and other utilities that change the interface).
The Android operating system is open and free, and therefore it is the choice of most tablet manufacturers. The software is developed by Google. The system is regularly updated, but owners of budget devices may not feel this. Some manufacturers are too lazy to modify the firmware for those tablet computers, which were replaced by new models. The openness of Android means for users the ease of replacing “standard” applications: a player, browser, keyboard, dialer, etc. Another thing is that changing truly fundamental things involves the presence of “straight” hands and often entails the loss of warranty. The most unpleasant feature of this operating system is an increase in appetite for system resources and a tendency to fouling with digital “junk”. If a couple of generations of Android ago, a sufficient amount of RAM was considered whole gigabytes, then in 2018 they talk about 2 Gb Total. As for the "garbage" - the OS built-in tools still have not learned how to deal with it successfully. In especially advanced cases, only a complete reset with the loss of ALL user data allows a device to return a comfortable working speed. Fortunately, such a radical method is extremely rare.
Pros: rich functionality, the ability to change the interface as you like, a large number of free applications.
Minuses: rare system updates on budget tablets, increased resource requirements for stable operation.
Windows tablet computers have been around for a long time. But only a few years ago, they began to get rid of fans and processors that consume a lot of battery power. And with the release of the tenth version of this operating system, the interface of such devices has become much friendlier to the user. On the one hand, Microsoft programmers creatively adapted many of the necessary things, for example, a quick display of active applications, implemented the Back button and the notification center. On the other hand, Windows 10 learned to automatically switch to a more convenient mode when working with the keyboard, and the corresponding algorithm is configured. Compared to Android, this system is better optimized for low-power hardware platforms. But this same feature has become an indirect reason that the current Windows-tablets are either high-performance solutions, or frankly weak, but with a keyboard. Well, the main advantage of the Microsoft operating system is the ability to use almost any "adult" application. Some of them even without a keyboard, if only the power of the filling allowed.
Pros: the most convenient environment for full-fledged work with a variety of content, support for third-party peripherals.
Minuses: extremely limited number of offers with an average level of performance.
Inexpensive tablet which company to choose
Any manufacturer of tablet computers produces not only expensive models, which are the most advanced, but also cheap. This is explained by the fact that it is inexpensive devices that are in stable demand. Only Apple, which forces consumers to consider their technology elite, does not follow this path. The rest of the tablet manufacturers do not need this, as they are aimed at the mass buyer, who does not always have a lot of money in his pocket.
Most actively in our country, the "tablets" of the following companies are in demand:
When choosing an inexpensive tablet, you can look in the direction of some other brands. But this should be done very carefully - be sure to check out the product reviews, otherwise you run the risk of getting into trouble.
Lenovo TAB 3 Essential 710i
This tablet computer has a widescreen screen with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. With a seven-inch diagonal, this is very good, although individual pixels can still be distinguished if desired. But the display is made using IPS technology, so you can watch the video here from any angle - the colors are practically not inverted.
One cannot fail to note the presence of the Android 5.0 operating system here. The version is not the latest, but application developers will not refuse to support it for a long time.
Internet access is via the Wi-Fi module. You can also use 3G-connection, but a rare buyer will find it convenient. The creators did not forget about GPS - the device can be used as a navigator. But a person will have to come to terms with several other factors.
Firstly, the device has cameras with extremely low resolution, so it’s better not to think about photography. Secondly, there are only 8 GB of read-only memory. This will quickly become not enough, so you should immediately stock up on a 32 GB microSD memory card - this is the maximum supported capacity. Thirdly, there is little RAM - only 1 GB. And there is nothing to be done about it.
- You can use a 3G connection,
- Very low price tag
- Not the oldest version of Android,
- There is an IPS screen,
- Stable software
- It works on a single charge for a long time.
- Not enough RAM
- Permanent memory is also small,
- Low pixel density
- Disgusting cameras.
Prestigio MultiPad PMT3118
A tablet with an 8-inch screen and very modest specifications. Its creators tried to achieve a minimum cost. For the sake of this, they used the simplest components, which, however, show themselves quite well.
For example, the MediaTek MT8321 quad-core processor has enough power for the stable operation of the Android 6.0 operating system installed here. The fact that the display was created using IPS technology should also please the buyer. This means that there will be no problems with viewing angles or color reproduction.
The creators of this "tablet" did not save on wireless modules. There are GPS, and Wi-Fi, and the fourth version of the “blue tooth”, and even a SIM card slot - for data transfer via 3G-connection. But can not such a cheap tablet do without shortcomings?
The buyer will be worried about the battery life. Some people don’t like the plastic case. The screen resolution, which is much higher in more expensive devices, is also slightly disappointing. But most of all, the creators saved on cameras and RAM. And if not every buyer will take pictures using a tablet computer, then, as you know, you always want more RAM.
- There are many wireless modules,
- The latest version of OSes,
- Tempting price tag
- You can listen to the FM radio,
- The screen is based on the IPS matrix,
- Stable software work (at first).
- Not very high pixel density,
- I would like more RAM and permanent memory,
- It’s better not to think about cameras,
- Battery life could be longer.
BB-mobile Techno 8.0 TOPOL 'LTE TQ863Q
A tablet from a Russian manufacturer, which is on the verge of the price segment we marked. In connection with its value, he received already quite worthy components. For example, the main camera of the "poplar" has a resolution of 8 megapixels. And usually you do not expect more from such a device. And the front camera of the device is not a miss - its 5-megapixel resolution is enough for comfortable communication in Skype.
The device with an 8-inch display can be used as a mobile phone. If you do not want to put it on your ear, you can use the headset. Including wireless - the tablet supports Bluetooth 4.0 standard.
The creators offer the buyer to go on the global web via 3G, LTE or Wi-Fi 802.11n. The browser will be displayed on the IPS-display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. A low parameter, but it is typical for a relatively inexpensive device. More importantly, the device received 2 GB of RAM and an eight-core processor. This suggests that problems with the performance of applications and Android 5.1 should not be expected.
- Used IPS panel,
- The processor is far from the weakest,
- A decent amount of "RAM" and permanent memory,
- No complaints about wireless modules,
- Good cameras on the back and front,
- The kit includes an OTG cable, a headset and a stylus.
- Pixelization is clearly visible
- Not everyone can call a cheap device
- Display repair is not possible,
- Bad sound.
Archos 80 oxygen
As its name implies, the Archos tablet has an 8-inch LCD panel. As in the case with the models discussed above, the screen is inherently an IPS-matrix, which allows you not to worry about viewing angles. But what is most surprising is the resolution used here.
It is 1920 x 1200 pixels. Because of this alone, the device is strictly recommended for purchase! But you can still remember about the large amount of memory - 32 GB permanent and 2 GB operational. For the money, these are great features.
The device includes several wireless modules. Most often, the owner will use Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11n technologies. But there is no SIM card slot here, so you will have to forget about accessing the Internet on the street.
About the same words can be said with regard to photography, since both cameras here have a very small resolution - 5 and 2 megapixels. But nothing bad can be said about the operating system, since Android 6.0 is used in its quality.
- The pixel density reaches 283 PPI,
- Everything is fine with memory
- Fresh and stable operating system,
- There are modern wireless modules,
- The picture is clearly visible from any viewing angle,
- The image can be displayed on a monitor or TV.
- There is no gyroscope and light sensor,
- The battery should have been installed more capacious,
- Cameras shoot poorly.
Digma Plane 1601 3G
The cost of an LCD matrix for the most part depends on its size. Therefore, now you will not find very good tablets that combine a 10.1-inch display and low cost. You or those certain shortcomings will surely wait for you. For example, Digma Plane 1601 3G incorporates disgusting cameras.
The resolution of the screen mounted here is 1280 x 800 pixels. This indicates a noticeable pixelation to the naked eye. Also confusing is the amount of memory - 8 GB of constant and 1 GB of RAM.
Still, this tablet is better than many other devices that sell for such a modest amount. You can even install a pair of SIM cards here, which allows you to talk with friends on the headset and access the Internet through 3G networks.
Nothing bad can be said about the software, in which Android 5.1 is used by the creators. There are no special complaints to the processor, which copes with its task relatively well.
- Used IPS panel,
- Support for 3G networks,
- A tablet can rightfully be considered cheap,
- Stable GPS Navigation
- The battery has a fairly high capacity.
- Outdated version of Bluetooth 2.1,
- There is no light sensor
- The cameras would be better not at all,
- Very little memory
- Screen resolution I want a higher.
BB-mobile Techno 10.1 LTE TQ060X
Another 10.1-inch tablet at a very low price. Its creators took a slightly different path. They have invested affordable funds in a set of wireless modules. To interact with the headset, Bluetooth 4.0 is used here.
To access the Internet, we are used to the usual Wi-Fi 802.11n. But not only! You can use the 4G connection! Interestingly, a pair of SIM cards can be inserted right into the tablet. One in this case will be used for traveling on the global web, and the other is needed for talking with friends.
Unfortunately, the Russian manufacturer had to seriously save on all other components. For example, the display resolution is reduced to 1024 x 600 pixels - noticeable pixelation you definitely get tired. Moreover, this screen is made using TFT technology, which is why problems with viewing angles are observed.
The amount of RAM equal to 1 GB is also upsetting. And we will not mention cameras at all, since they are built on the basis of completely outdated matrices.
- The price tag is extremely low
- The battery lasts a long time,
- The box with the tablet has a stylus and an OTG cable,
- Supports LTE and Wi-Fi 802.11n,
- A pair of slots for SIM cards,
- The operating system for the first time works without brakes.
- The backlight brightness cannot be adjusted automatically,
- TFT panel applied
- Low screen resolution
- Not enough memory
- Horrible rear and front cameras.
What inexpensive tablet to buy
1. For lovers of compact devices created Lenovo TAB 3 Essential 710i. This tablet computer will delight you with a 7-inch screen and fairly thin side frames. The components installed here are enough to read a book on the subway, crawl on the World Wide Web or listen to music.
2. Prestigio MultiPad PMT3118 - this is a slightly less compact instance. You can think about purchasing it if you have a wireless headset that works using the energy-efficient Bluetooth 4.0 standard. Also, the "tablet" has a fresh version of the operating system.
3. By purchasing BB-mobile Techno 8.0 TOPOL 'LTE TQ863Q you will support the Russian manufacturer. And you’ll get at your disposal a tablet with a 4G module, which will allow you to access the Internet even somewhere on the street, outside of Wi-Fi networks.
4. If you think that the most important thing in the tablet is the screen resolution, then you should purchase Archos 80 Oxygen. On this device, movies in Full HD resolution are perfectly displayed. The device will also please with the amount of memory (including operational). For the same money, you can not find the best deal in this regard.
5. Digma Plane 1601 3G is a budget solution with a 10.1-inch display. It’s not worth waiting for something supernatural from the device. It has very simple components. But Android is functioning here is still relatively good - at least for the first time.
6. If you need to be able to access the Internet on the street, then pay attention to BB-mobile Techno 10.1 LTE TQ060X. This device supports not only 3G networks, but also LTE! Unfortunately, this list of its advantages is exhausted. Otherwise, it is noticeably inferior to all other tablets considered today.