Using shared albums, you can share photos and videos only with selected users, who can also add their photos, videos and comments.
In shared albums, you can select the photos you want to share and the users you want to share. For a more spontaneous exchange of photos with the help of great moments that the “Photo” program chooses in the library, try the “Share offers” function.
- Upgrade your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS, Mac to the latest version of macOS, and Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD to the latest version of tvOS.
- Set up iCloud on all your devices.
- Sign in to iCloud using the same Apple ID on all devices on which you want to use shared albums.
- On a Windows PC, upgrade to Windows 7 or later and download iCloud for Windows.
Enable shared albums
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings> [your name]> iCloud> Photos and turn on the Shared Albums option.
- On a Mac, select Apple ()> System Preferences. Select iCloud, click the Options button next to Photos, then select Shared Albums.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings> iCloud> iCloud Photo Settings and turn on the Shared Albums option.
- On a Windows PC, open iCloud for Windows and select Photos. Click the Options button to verify that the Shared Albums option is enabled, and then click Apply.
If you are using earlier versions of iOS, iCloud for Windows, iPhoto, or Aperture, you can still create and view shared albums. In previous versions of iOS, macOS, tvOS, and iCloud for Windows, the Shared Albums feature was called iCloud Photo Sharing.
Using shared albums
Using the Photos program, create a shared album to display the selected photos. Invite up to 100 selected users who can view photos, leave comments and even add their own photos. Then you can manage your shared album and permanently save photos added by your friends.
Create a new shared album
- Go to the "Albums" tab and click the icon.
- Click "New Shared Album."
- Indicate the name of the shared album and click Next.
- Select the users you want to invite in your contacts or enter the email address or phone number of iMessage.
- Click Create.
Invite additional users
You can share albums even with friends and relatives who do not use iCloud. Simply open the shared album you created, go to the Users tab on your iOS device, or click the icon on your Mac and turn on the Open Website option. Your photos will be published on a website accessible for viewing to all users in any latest web browser.
Adding photos and videos
You can quickly add photos and videos to a shared album using the following steps.
- On the Photos tab or in an album, click Select, then select the photos and videos you want to share.
- Click> Shared Albums.
- Select the album where you want to share your photos.
If you have a shared album open, you can also click the icon to select photos and videos to add.
When new photos are added, users who have access to the shared album are automatically notified. To enable subscribers to add photos and videos too, enable the "Allow subscribers to publish" option. To do this, go to the Users tab in the shared album on your iOS device or click the icon on your Mac.
Comments and Likes
Friends and relatives logged in to iCloud can leave comments and add likes to photos from your shared album. You will receive automatic notifications of these actions. They will also receive notifications of response comments. Learn more about comments in a shared album.
Saving photos and videos
The people you share with can save photos and videos in their media libraries. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap a photo or video>> Save Image or Save Video. On a Mac, hold down the photo or video you want while holding down Control> Import.
Delete from shared album
The owner of the shared album can delete any photos, videos or comments of any users. Subscribers can delete everything that they personally added. All that you delete is automatically deleted from the album on all your devices and subscriber devices.
Any photos that you have saved or uploaded to your library from the shared album remain in the library even after you delete the shared album or block access to it.
Delete subscribers or album
User access to the shared album is controlled by its creator. You can delete subscribers or the album itself at any time. The deleted shared album is automatically deleted from all your devices and the devices of your subscribers. If the Open Website option is enabled, the shared album is also deleted from the Internet.
Types of files that can be used in shared albums
Shared albums support the following image formats:
Shared albums also support specific formats that are available on iPhone devices, such as slow motion video, time lapse, Live Photos, and Flashback videos. When sharing, photos taken with amateur and SLR cameras or iOS devices will be reduced to a resolution of 2048 pixels on the long side. Panoramic photos can have a resolution of up to 5400 pixels wide. You can share GIF files with a maximum size of 100 MB.
Shared albums support the following types and formats of videos:
The video length cannot exceed 15 minutes, and the resolution is 720p.
* You cannot send RAW photos to shared albums on a Windows PC.
Shared Album Store Limitations
A shared album can contain up to 5,000 photos and videos. Once you reach the limit for the Shared Albums feature, you need to delete some photos or videos before adding new ones. Photos and videos that are shared (as well as comments and likes on photos) are stored in iCloud until you or the person who added them delete them manually or until you delete the entire shared album.
Photos and videos in your shared albums are stored in iCloud but are not counted as using iCloud storage.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple or independent websites not controlled and tested by Apple is not advisory or advertised by the company. Apple is not responsible for the selection, functionality, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple is also not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of data posted on third-party websites. Remember that using any information or products posted on the Internet is risky. Contact your supplier for more information. Other company or product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
So, to use iCloud Drive you must have installed iOS 8 on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, as well as OS X Yosemite on a Mac. You can access iCloud Drive even from a browser and using Windows, but more on that later - for now, everything needs to be prepared. If compatible operating systems are installed, then pay attention to the status of the cloud service in the settings:
For iOS 8: Settings -> iCloud -> iCloud Drive - the function must be activated. Here, pay attention to the list of applications - they have access to iCloud Drive.
For OS X Yosemite: System Preferences -> iCloud -> iCloud Drive - again, check for a checkmark indicating that the service is activated. When you click the Settings button, you can view the applications that have access to iCloud Drive.
At this preparatory stage is almost complete. One detail. If, after updating the operating system, you refused to switch from iCloud to iCloud Drive, then do not forget to do it now using the parameters indicated above. Now for sure.
File Types and Available Space
iCloud Drive largely follows the tradition of Apple, laid down in OS X. By default, there is no dump of various files, and each application has its own folders in which it stores working documents. However, the key difference between iCloud Drive and regular iCloud is that now the user can create folders and absolutely any types of files in the cloud. In other words, now Apple provides us with full cloud storage for files.
Flight of imagination rests solely on free disk space. Originally only 5 GB available - there are no changes in this regard. Extensions are much cheaper than iCloud did:
Please note that the price of cloud space has also changed slightly.
In such a simple way, you can increase cloud storage up to 1 TB. This will be sufficient for most users. With large amounts of data on the Web, you should think about specialized solutions. In the bottom line, we have an exhaustive amount of free space in the cloud and the absence of restrictions on file types - a fairy tale.
ICloud Drive Access
1. The first way to access iCloud Drive is your Mac. Just open Finder and go to the tab iCloud Drive. Everything! Absolutely all files and folders are available for change to your taste - nothing complicated.
If the poppy did not work out, but there is a personal computer running Windows, then everything is also quite simple. You must download and install iCloud 4.0 for Windows. After that, right in the Explorer on the left, in the Favorites menu, a shortcut to iCloud Drive will appear. Everything works almost as elegantly and conveniently as on a Mac.
2. The second method is in a sense even simpler, but often not so convenient for prolonged use. Imagine that you are at someone else's computer or you need one-time access to iCloud Drive. Accordingly, to configure the cloud storage or install additional software there is no desire or opportunity. Will come to the rescue browser.
Open iCloud.com and select iCloud Drive - here are all your files. Right here, you can upload files to the cloud or download them to a computer, create folders and send files up to 5 GB by e-mail thanks to the Mail Drop function.
By the way, browsers are supported Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet explorer.
3. It remains to deal with access to iCloud Drive using mobile device Apple In the best traditions of iOS, the mobile operating system does not have a separate application for accessing the cloud data storage. It can only be obtained from individual programs that store their data there. However, not everything is so sad - the App Store already has enough applications for working with the cloud. We recommend a free solution. Documents 5 [App Store].
Documents 5 is a kind of Swiss file opener on iOS. The application creates its own folder in the device’s memory, where the user can place any necessary files. And you can even get them by downloading from the Web using the built-in browser. In addition, there is support for all known cloud services and the ability to connect various servers. Of course, you can access iCloud Drive.
Access to the cloud is possible at the launch level of the corresponding applications for each type of file, as well as the ability to add files to the storage from the device’s internal memory. However, we are talking about those files that are available to Documents 5. In general, using the application you can listen to music, watch videos, edit a document or image - the main working points are available, and this will be enough for most users.
Unlike many of the new services and features that Apple launched this fall, iCloud Drive is stable and clearly performs its own functions. With the help of this material, you now know everything you need in order to effectively use cloud file storage for your own benefit and, in many situations, refuse additional services, remaining within the framework of a single Apple ecosystem.
(3.00 out of 5, rated: 3)
Configure iCloud Storage
To set up a cloud on an iPhone, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the "Settings" application on your device.
After all iCloud settings have been made, and the device has synchronized with cloud servers, you can view all photos through any of your devices.
View photos in the cloud via iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Viewing photos from Apple devices is accompanied by the following steps:
- In the device’s menu we find the “Photos” application icon and click on it. The “Photos” application is located on the device’s desktop
View photos on iCloud
You can access the iCloud gallery without using additional software. Enough for this:
- Go to the iCloud website and log in using your Apple> To authorize on iCloud, you need to enter your Apple ID
- Select the "Photos" section. In the "Photos" section, you can view all the media files that were sent to the cloud from your Apple devices.
How to extract content in iCloud photos using a USB cable
You can upload photos from the cloud via a USB cable using the following manipulations:
- We connect the device to the computer via a USB cable.
If you need to import only one snapshot, then go to the list of device folders and manually find the desired item, and then copy it and transfer it to the computer’s memory. You can sort folders by date to speed up the search process.
Retrieve image through Image Capture
On all laptops with Mac OS, the "Image Capture" program has been added by default, with which you can import photos. If you use Windows, you will have to install it separately.
- We connect your device and laptop via a USB cable and open the "Image Capture" program. Using a USB cable, the computer connects to the device
Video: how to view files in iCloud
iCloud is a very useful service, thanks to which you can manage all your photos from several devices at the same time. Share snapshots with other users, store them on cloud servers and get access to them anywhere where there is Wi-Fi. You can also upload photos from iCloud servers at any time through a computer or other portable device.
Part 1: How to access iCloud photos using dr.fone? (The easiest way)
If you are looking for a fast, reliable and trouble-free way to access iCloud photos on your system, then just give dr.fone - Recovery (IOS) a try. Essentially, this tool is used to recover lost content on your iOS device. Although, you can also use it to restore photos from iCloud backup as well. This way you can selectively back up the photo of your choice.
dr.fone - Recovery (iOS)
The world's first iPhone and iPad data recovery software
- Provide with three ways to recover image data.
- Scan iOS devices to recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- Extract and view all contents of iCloud / iTunes backup files.
- Selectively restore what you want from iCloud / iTunes backup to your device or computer.
- Compatible with the latest iPhone models.
This is part of dr.fone and works on both Mac and windows systems. Compatible with every iOS master, this will certainly come in handy for you in many cases. To learn how to access iCloud photos using dr.fone, follow these steps:
1. Run dr.fone on your system and select the “Restore” option on the main screen.
2. Connect the device to the system and wait a few seconds for dr.fone to detect.
3. In the left pane, click on the "Restore from iCloud backup file" button.
4. will launch the following interface. Just provide your iCloud credentials and log in from dr.fone's native interface.
5. A list of all iCloud backup files will provide some basic details. Just select the iCloud backup file you want to restore.
6. will launch a pop-up window where you can select the type of data you want to backup. To access iCloud photos, you can check the relevant options in the “Photos and Videos” category.
7. Click on the “Next” button to continue.
8. Wait a while for dr.fone to load the selected backup and extract contents.
9. После этого, вы можете просмотреть свои фотографии и восстановить их в локальное хранилище или непосредственно подключенное устройство.
Это оно! Следуя этим вы могли бы узнать, как получить доступ к фотографиям на ICloud с помощью dr.fone.
Часть 2: Как получить доступ к ICloud фотографий на iPhone?
Если вы хотите узнать, как получить доступ к ICloud фотографий на iPhone, то вам не нужно принимать помощь любого другого инструмента. Хотя, этот процесс не всегда может привести к желаемым результатам. Есть два способа доступа к ICloud фотографий на iPhone.
1. Photo Stream
С помощью опции Photo Stream вы можете получить доступ к недавно кликали фотографии на iPhone, которые кликали на любом другом устройстве. Излишне говорить, что все эти устройства должны быть синхронизированы с той же учетной записью ICloud. Кроме того, качество фотографий на целевом устройстве не может быть такой же, как оригинал. To enable Photo Stream, go to Settings> ICloud> Photos of your device and turn on the “Photo Stream” options.
2. Reset iPhone and restore iCloud backup
In order to learn how to access iCloud photos on iPhone, you will need to reset iPhone settings and restore it completely. In addition to your photos, all other types of content will be restored. Since this will reconfigure your device completely, we recommend that you avoid this risk. However, you can learn how to access iCloud photos on iPhone by following these steps:
1. Go to your device’s Settings> General> Reset section and click on the option “Delete all contents and settings”.
2. Confirm your choice by entering your password and again clicking on the "Erase iPhone" button.
3. Your phone will restart with the default settings.
4. When configuring the device, click on the "Restore from iCloud backup" button.
5. Log in with your iCloud credentials and select the backup file you want to restore.
Part 3: How to access iCloud photos on Windows PC?
If you have a system with Windows, then you can easily learn how to access photos on iCloud and keep content handy. This way you can access iCloud photos on Windows instantly. In order to learn how to access iCloud photos on Windows, follow these simple instructions:
1. To start downloading iCloud on Windows, visit its official page here: https://support.apple.com/en-in/ht204283.
2. After installing and configuring iCloud on Windows, run its application.
3. Enable the photos section and click on the “Options” button.
4. Ensure that the iCloud Photo Library and Photo Stream options are enabled.
5. In addition, you can also change the location to save your iCloud photos.
6. After your photos are synchronized, you can go to the appropriate directory and view iCloud photos (in different categories).
Part 4: How to access iCloud photos on Mac?
Just like Windows, Mac also provides a smooth way to access iCloud photos easily. Following this technology, you can manage your photos from various devices in one place and may take a backup copy of it. To learn how to access iCloud photos on Mac, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Apple menu and click on the “System Preferences” button.
2. Here you can open the iCloud application settings for your Mac.
3. Now go to iCloud Photo options and turn on iCloud Photo Library and My Photo Stream.
4. Save the changes and exit the application.
5. After your photos are synchronized, you can launch the photos application and access the synchronized photos listed in various sections.
Following these convenient and simple solutions, you can learn how to access photos on iCloud without any problems. Since dr.fone toolkit can be used to selectively recover iCloud photos without causing any data loss, it is considered as an ideal solution for iCloud photo access. Now that you know how to access iCloud photos on various devices, you can of course keep your photos on hand and guide others as well.